where do you set net_maxfilesize

Absurd Minds

Putting it in a server config file doesn't work (not surprisingly, since querying console with net_maxfilesize returns command not found). Where should I be setting this cvar?

ics

Re: where do you set net_maxfilesize

ics
This command doesn't exist in CSGO. It used to exist in CSS where it was
defaulted to 16 and max was 64.

-ics

Absurd Minds kirjoitti:

> Putting it in a server config file doesn't work (not surprisingly,
> since querying console with net_maxfilesize returns command not
> found). Where should I be setting this cvar?

Re: where do you set net_maxfilesize

Nicholas Hastings
It's a convar, not a command, and it does exist. It is just hidden, not able to be set without using a plugin.

--
Nicholas Hastings
AlliedMods.net

Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:01 PM
This command doesn't exist in CSGO. It used to exist in CSS where it was defaulted to 16 and max was 64.

-ics

Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:56 AM

Putting it in a server config file doesn't work (not surprisingly, since querying console with net_maxfilesize returns command not found). Where should I be setting this cvar?

Re: where do you set net_maxfilesize

Nicholas Hastings
I don't know if it will solve your issue, but yes, that will work to change the value of the var if in a cfg ran after SM loads, such as sourcemod.cfg or a cfg ran from it.

--
Nicholas Hastings
AlliedMods.net

Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:18 PM

So if I put sm_cvar net_maxfilesize in a config file this should work?

Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:13 PM

ics

Re: where do you set net_maxfilesize

ics
If you bzip2 pack the maps, you can easily host bigger files on a
sv_downloadurl without the workshop integration. However, there is a
limit on these also, files over 100MB seem to unpack wrong and will not
download properly to player. Map de_trigger is one of these but you can
still put them to the host without packing. Downloading just takes longer.

-ics

Absurd Minds kirjoitti:

> People in this thread were saying you could set it to 64. Am I
> misunderstanding? I am not able to use a lot of custom maps because
> they're larger than 16mb even after compression.
>
> On Jul 19, 2014 12:01 PM, "ics" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     This command doesn't exist in CSGO. It used to exist in CSS where
>     it was defaulted to 16 and max was 64.
>
>     -ics
>
>     Absurd Minds kirjoitti:
>

>         Putting it in a server config file doesn't work (not
>         surprisingly, since querying console with net_maxfilesize
>         returns command not found). Where should I be setting this cvar?

Re: where do you set net_maxfilesize

Winnie the Pooh

To clarify, is your issue that people can't download maps bigger than 16mb because you're trying to serve files from the CSGO server. (I.e. not using a sv_downloadurl)?

Or is it that the maps are bigger than 150mb uncompressed and clients can't extract them?

If it's the latter what you're looking for is a client launch parameter -maxdownloadfilesizemb N. See http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/05/9557/

Sent from my phone.

ics

Re: where do you set net_maxfilesize

ics
If he is using sv_fastdownloadurl, then the net_maxfilesize is useless.
It only affects downloads directly from the server. But there is indeed
a limit of 150MB bsp (everything over that will give CRC error upon
bunzip2) and not many people start their games with such parameter that
was mentioned by Winnie.

-ics

Absurd Minds kirjoitti:

> Well I'm asking on behalf of a friend so I'm not exactly sure, but he
> says he's using a fast download. And he's compressing them.
>
> On Jul 19, 2014 12:44 PM, "Winnie the Pooh" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     To clarify, is your issue that people can't download maps bigger
>     than 16mb because you're trying to serve files from the CSGO
>     server. (I.e. not using a sv_downloadurl)?
>
>     Or is it that the maps are bigger than 150mb uncompressed and
>     clients can't extract them?
>
>     If it's the latter what you're looking for is a client launch
>     parameter -maxdownloadfilesizemb N. See
>     http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/05/9557/
>
>     Sent from my phone.
>
>     On Jul 19, 2014 9:20 AM, "ics" <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         If you bzip2 pack the maps, you can easily host bigger files
>         on a sv_downloadurl without the workshop integration. However,
>         there is a limit on these also, files over 100MB seem to
>         unpack wrong and will not download properly to player. Map
>         de_trigger is one of these but you can still put them to the
>         host without packing. Downloading just takes longer.
>
>         -ics
>
>         Absurd Minds kirjoitti:
>

>             People in this thread were saying you could set it to 64.
>             Am I misunderstanding? I am not able to use a lot of
>             custom maps because they're larger than 16mb even after
>             compression.
>
>             On Jul 19, 2014 12:01 PM, "ics" <[hidden email]
>             <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email]
>             <mailto:[hidden email]>>> wrote:
>
>                 This command doesn't exist in CSGO. It used to exist
>             in CSS where
>                 it was defaulted to 16 and max was 64.
>
>                 -ics
>
>                 Absurd Minds kirjoitti:
>

>                     Putting it in a server config file doesn't work (not
>                     surprisingly, since querying console with
>             net_maxfilesize
>                     returns command not found). Where should I be
>             setting this cvar?

Re: where do you set net_maxfilesize

Winnie the Pooh

Oh also is this the same friend on OS X?

For what I remember, the OS X clients have notorious issues with downloads. Most of our clients playing on Macs just end up obtaining the map through a browser outside of the game.

                Absurd Minds kirjoitti:

                    Putting it in a server config file doesn't work (not
                    surprisingly, since querying console with
            net_maxfilesize
                    returns command not found). Where should I be
            setting this cvar?

Re: where do you set net_maxfilesize

Absurd Minds
It looks like his fastdl is set up correctly. He found out that the threshold is at 25mb. He can download anything that is 24, but nothing bigger.

He has only tested it on himself (he has a mac), but I have asked him to test on windows when his server empties out.