var server

julien griache

Hello everyone since the beginning of the month I have var (5.070/0.050) which is unstable on all my servers even when there have only one server CSGO started.
here is my hardware:
Intel Xeon
E5-1650
6c/12t 3,6 GHz
64 Go DDR3 ECC 1600MHz
2x 3 To SATA3
1x 1 Gbps
Windows server 2012

thank you for your help

Re: var server

VieuxGnome
Hi, It's the same problem I've with my installation on Debian 7.

I feel that it comes Xeon processors.

Check my post : "[Csgo_servers] srcds_linux performance problem, since 04-14-2014", I've exactly the same symptoms...

Re: var server

julien griache
Hi I solved the problem that had a ftb server tounais same time. Now my servers CSGO rotates 0.500 and 0.200 var.
have a solution for you down a bit because I see server is about 0.050 var.

> Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 04:24:29 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Csgo_servers] var server
>
> Hi, It's the same problem I've with my installation on Debian 7.
>
> I feel that it comes *Xeon processors*.
>
> Check my post : "[Csgo_servers] srcds_linux performance problem, since
> 04-14-2014", I've exactly the same symptoms...

Re: var server

VieuxGnome
EN :
Outside of the problem,

Have you optimize your server ? Kernel modifications, bios modifications ????

----
FR :
En dehors du premier problème, qui est identique au miens, car c'est un effet de bord de la consommation CPU, as-tu effectué des opti sur ton kernel et ou ton bios ??
Je comprend pas pourquoi j'ai de tel pics CPU sur mon serveur.... :/

Re: var server

Ulrich Block
I would recommend building an own kernel. The newest stable branch from
kernel.org seems to be very effective.

Although the text is is german, the settings at the bottom remained english:
http://www.ulrich-block.de/tutorials/der-optimale-gameroot-und-gameserver-kernel/

Am 20.05.2014 16:48, schrieb VieuxGnome:

> EN :
> Outside of the problem,
>
> Have you optimize your server ? Kernel modifications, bios modifications
> ????
>
> ----
> FR :
> En dehors du premier problème, qui est identique au miens, car c'est un
> effet de bord de la consommation CPU, as-tu effectué des opti sur ton kernel
> et ou ton bios ??
> Je comprend pas pourquoi j'ai de tel pics CPU sur mon serveur.... :/

Re: var server

VieuxGnome
Thanks for you're reply Ulrich, and thanks for you're tutorials, top !

I will go test you're kernel options !
I have already build my own kernel (3.12.17) but with differents (No Dyn Ticks, etc) options !

I will post the results in my original post : "[Csgo_servers] srcds_linux performance problem, since 04-14-2014"

BR
Vgn