mod legitimacy check to avoid ban

Usman Khan
i know there is an option in sourcemod to not allow certain plugins which use certain code

I just want to confirm if following are clean plugins so i can use them?
since i am no developer to look into code? to me they look clean

FurienGo

Re: mod legitimacy check to avoid ban

Zaretti Steve
 just update sourcemod to lastest version and enable
FollowCSGOServerGuidelines options.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2398804#post2398804

> i know there is an option in sourcemod to not allow certain plugins which
> use certain code
>
> I just want to confirm if following are clean plugins so i can use them?
> since i am no developer to look into code? to me they look clean
>
> ckSurf https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264498
> Zombie Plague https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=272546
> CSGO Deathrun https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1164669
> ESP WH for Admins https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=211117
> FurienGo

Re: mod legitimacy check to avoid ban

Usman Khan
already done a long time ago when FollowCSGOServerGuidelines 1 was released, just need to be sure that these mods dont let my servers banned if anyone else has positive views for them

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:50 AM, Zaretti Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
 just update sourcemod to lastest version and enable
FollowCSGOServerGuidelines options.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2398804#post2398804

> i know there is an option in sourcemod to not allow certain plugins which
> use certain code
>
> I just want to confirm if following are clean plugins so i can use them?
> since i am no developer to look into code? to me they look clean
>
> ckSurf https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264498
> Zombie Plague https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=272546
> CSGO Deathrun https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1164669
> ESP WH for Admins https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=211117
> FurienGo

Re: mod legitimacy check to avoid ban

Max Krivanek
The SourceMod update is nice, but it isn't exactly conclusive.  Because Valve could add other checks in an update or a check might have been missed by psychonic.  As it is my understand he is trying to find these checks through reverse engineering of CSGO server files.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Usman Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
already done a long time ago when FollowCSGOServerGuidelines 1 was released, just need to be sure that these mods dont let my servers banned if anyone else has positive views for them

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:50 AM, Zaretti Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
 just update sourcemod to lastest version and enable
FollowCSGOServerGuidelines options.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2398804#post2398804

> i know there is an option in sourcemod to not allow certain plugins which
> use certain code
>
> I just want to confirm if following are clean plugins so i can use them?
> since i am no developer to look into code? to me they look clean
>
> ckSurf https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264498
> Zombie Plague https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=272546
> CSGO Deathrun https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1164669
> ESP WH for Admins https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=211117
> FurienGo

Re: mod legitimacy check to avoid ban

Nathaniel Theis

Don't tell me they have the server checking itself for breaking the rules...

On Mar 13, 2016 7:02 PM, "Max Krivanek" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The SourceMod update is nice, but it isn't exactly conclusive.  Because Valve could add other checks in an update or a check might have been missed by psychonic.  As it is my understand he is trying to find these checks through reverse engineering of CSGO server files.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Usman Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
already done a long time ago when FollowCSGOServerGuidelines 1 was released, just need to be sure that these mods dont let my servers banned if anyone else has positive views for them

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:50 AM, Zaretti Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
 just update sourcemod to lastest version and enable
FollowCSGOServerGuidelines options.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2398804#post2398804

> i know there is an option in sourcemod to not allow certain plugins which
> use certain code
>
> I just want to confirm if following are clean plugins so i can use them?
> since i am no developer to look into code? to me they look clean
>
> ckSurf https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264498
> Zombie Plague https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=272546
> CSGO Deathrun https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1164669
> ESP WH for Admins https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=211117
> FurienGo

Re: mod legitimacy check to avoid ban

Max Krivanek
From what people have posted, that is what it sounds like.  There are only two ways they could have done the GSLT ban system.  Either the server sends a special signal when it thinks that your breaking the rules, or clients could.  Either way, both ways are idiotic.  False bans are possible with the client method.  And easy avoidance of this ban system is possible with the server angle.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Nathaniel Theis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Don't tell me they have the server checking itself for breaking the rules...

On Mar 13, 2016 7:02 PM, "Max Krivanek" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The SourceMod update is nice, but it isn't exactly conclusive.  Because Valve could add other checks in an update or a check might have been missed by psychonic.  As it is my understand he is trying to find these checks through reverse engineering of CSGO server files.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Usman Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
already done a long time ago when FollowCSGOServerGuidelines 1 was released, just need to be sure that these mods dont let my servers banned if anyone else has positive views for them

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:50 AM, Zaretti Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
 just update sourcemod to lastest version and enable
FollowCSGOServerGuidelines options.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2398804#post2398804

> i know there is an option in sourcemod to not allow certain plugins which
> use certain code
>
> I just want to confirm if following are clean plugins so i can use them?
> since i am no developer to look into code? to me they look clean
>
> ckSurf https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264498
> Zombie Plague https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=272546
> CSGO Deathrun https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1164669
> ESP WH for Admins https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=211117
> FurienGo

Re: mod legitimacy check to avoid ban

Usman Khan

So final verdict, will it take safe to run the mods I mentioned? As soon mods I mentioned like zombie and surf ttt furien etc do modify characters and admin ESP shows extra character model for between walls checking of hack

From what people have posted, that is what it sounds like.  There are only two ways they could have done the GSLT ban system.  Either the server sends a special signal when it thinks that your breaking the rules, or clients could.  Either way, both ways are idiotic.  False bans are possible with the client method.  And easy avoidance of this ban system is possible with the server angle.