map from another maproup causes server to deny connections

ics

map from another maproup causes server to deny connections

ics
I had a case today where i have started server with mg_bomb mapgroup.
Then i noticed that the server was sitting empty whole day. It had
cs_office on, not sure how, propably sourcemod autocycle and while that
map was on, server denied access from everyone. There used to be that
allclassic mapgroup but i guess i should do a custom one. More hassle
but server shouldn't go into state like that in any situation.

Funny thing is that the map cycle, even the cs_ maps work just fine as
long as there is even 1 player in but if there are none, server becomes
inaccessible by everyone when map from "wrong" mapgroup is on.

-ics

CS:GO Beta is being converted to CS:GO!

haeufi
I just restarted Steam and saw this: http://ScrnSht.com/vkyzvy

Re: CS:GO Beta is being converted to CS:GO!

Collin Howard
most likely a glitch, you cant have two same copies in your library. Unless they put the pre-purchased one to ur inventory

Re: CS:GO Beta is being converted to CS:GO!

William Graham
And yet we still only have the Beta authoring tools :'(

Re: CS:GO Beta is being converted to CS:GO!

Thomas K
Steam Bug?

Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:08 PM

most likely a glitch, you cant have two same copies in your library. Unless they put the pre-purchased one to ur inventory

Re: CS:GO Beta is being converted to CS:GO!

ssh@aol.at
Same here

Re: CS:GO Beta is being converted to CS:GO!

ics
My CSGO just changed it's name on Steam. No longer beta access. Every beta player who didn't own the game will get message "You are banned from joining this session" and will lose access to their game. Including my 2nd account which i got key from Valve to use it for server updates.

-ics

most likely a glitch, you cant have two same copies in your library. Unless they put the pre-purchased one to ur inventory

Re: map from another maproup causes server to deny connections

Stephen Bevan
Yes, that's a big bummer because in the gamemodes_server you can define multiple mapgroups, but because there is a defined mapgroup defined in startup, cs_ maps cause issues :(

Re: CS:GO Beta is being converted to CS:GO!

lcz # GalegO
Same, here, but don't worry, after a minutes, the second game disappeared, now I have just one :)

Re: CS:GO Beta is being converted to CS:GO!

haeufi
It was just a screenshot from my inventory... few minutes later the uninstalled item was removed :D

most likely a glitch, you cant have two same copies in your library. Unless they put the pre-purchased one to ur inventory

Re: map from another maproup causes server to deny connections

Rodrigo Peña
+1,

The server shows this message
-> Reservation cookie 186000053bcc6c1:  reason ReplyReservationRequest
"ApplyGameSettings: Map de_dust2 not part of Mapgroup mg_bomb_se"
Server waking up from hibernation

Then the client stays like this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2685260/csgo%202012-08-21%2014-06-57-10.jpg
And the only solution is to close the game.

Happens every time you connect to a server with a map that doesn't belong to the mapgroup