+ip to get rcon, or not using it to get listed in LAN browser

+ip to get rcon, or not using it to get listed in LAN browser

m0gely
I have a CSGO server set up on Ubuntu 16.04 for a LAN event and was
having trouble getting rcon to work. I would get this:

] rcon stat
Unable to connect to remote server (192.168.10.2:27015)

The server has a static IP. I solved this by putting +ip 192.168.10.2 in
the startup script. However when I do this, now the server isn't listed
in the LAN tab. I can add it to favorites, and connect to it from there
or the console (connect 192.168.10.2) just fine. If I remove +ip then I
can see it in the browser but lose rcon. Here's my startup:

./srcds_run -insecure -console -game csgo -port 27015 -usercon
-nobreakpad +game_type 0 +game_mode 0 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_stmarc
+sv_lan 1 -tickrate 128

Any advice?

--
m0gely

Re: +ip to get rcon, or not using it to get listed in LAN browser

Sven 'Chaos' Pachnit
I don’t really have a solution but try to compare output of the following command with both settings and see if the rcon port always get’s listened on (and on which IP).

netstat -tulpen

I always bind on a specific IP so I can’t tell if there is a problem if you don’t.
Also keep in mind that parameters with a minus are startup parameters and with a plus relate to convars. I don’t know if they both work but it „should“ be -ip instead of +ip.

Cheers

Am 02.06.2017 um 01:52 schrieb m0gely <[hidden email]>:

> I have a CSGO server set up on Ubuntu 16.04 for a LAN event and was having trouble getting rcon to work. I would get this:
>
> ] rcon stat
> Unable to connect to remote server (192.168.10.2:27015)
>
> The server has a static IP. I solved this by putting +ip 192.168.10.2 in the startup script. However when I do this, now the server isn't listed in the LAN tab. I can add it to favorites, and connect to it from there or the console (connect 192.168.10.2) just fine. If I remove +ip then I can see it in the browser but lose rcon. Here's my startup:
>
> ./srcds_run -insecure -console -game csgo -port 27015 -usercon -nobreakpad +game_type 0 +game_mode 0 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_stmarc +sv_lan 1 -tickrate 128
>
> Any advice?
>
> --
> m0gely

Re: +ip to get rcon, or not using it to get listed in LAN browser

Gökhan Bilgin
Help me

Some players on my server are being thrown away.

Invalid challenge packet.
Responder   : 185.122.202.80:27015
Protocol    : 255
Hostname    :
Map         :
Game        :
Description :
AppID       : 0
Players      : 0
MaxPlayers   : 0
Bots         : 0
Server Type  : ???
OS    Type   : ???
Password     : no
Secure       : no
Version      :

Your connection to the server has timed out.