Quantcast

Wrong information in the CSGO Blog post from 6/15/2016

Wrong information in the CSGO Blog post from 6/15/2016

iShot
Dear,

The blog post concerning the earlier update that introduced low ammo gun sounds contains wrong information. In the blog post Valve states that the sv_alltalk convar was changed into sv_talk_enemy_alive and sv_talk_enemy_dead. The correct new convars however are:

sv_talk_enemy_dead
sv_talk_enemy_living

This got me into a long, frustrating struggle to find out what I was doing wrong.
Typing 'find sv_talk' into console yielded the following results:

"sv_alltalk" = "1" ( def. "0" ) game notify replicated - Deprecated. Replaced with sv_talk_enemy_dead and sv_talk_enemy_living.
"sv_talk_enemy_dead" = "1" ( def. "0" ) game replicated - Dead players can hear all dead enemy communication (voice, chat)
"sv_talk_enemy_living" = "1" ( def. "0" ) game replicated - Living players can hear all living enemy communication (voice, chat)

Thanks for reading,

iShot