Quantcast

Windows servers crashing after 12/7 update

Windows servers crashing after 12/7 update

Michael Loveless
Figured I'd post this here in hopes that Valve will see it. All of my Windows servers seem to be crashing upon startup, including completely vanilla servers.

Getting the following error in console.log:

CDynamicFunction: Loading library 'Kernel32.dll' (752B0000)
CDynamicFunction: Lookup of 'TryEnterCriticalSection' in 'Kernel32.dll': 775EBD00
CDynamicFunction: Closing library 'Kernel32.dll' (752B0000)

Re: Windows servers crashing after 12/7 update

joshtrav
Can confirm, on windows 2k12

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Michael Loveless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Figured I'd post this here in hopes that Valve will see it. All of my
> Windows servers seem to be crashing upon startup, including completely
> vanilla servers.
>
> Getting the following error in console.log:
>
> CDynamicFunction: Loading library 'Kernel32.dll' (752B0000)
> CDynamicFunction: Lookup of 'TryEnterCriticalSection' in 'Kernel32.dll':
> 775EBD00
> CDynamicFunction: Closing library 'Kernel32.dll' (752B0000)

Re: Windows servers crashing after 12/7 update

Vitaliy Genkin
We have released an optional community server build update (ServerVersion=411) that should fix a problem on Windows servers. Please, try updating and validating your server depot.

Re: Windows servers crashing after 12/7 update

Michael Loveless
Thank you very much. It appears to have cleared up the issues I was experiencing.

TJ

Re: Windows servers crashing after 12/7 update

TJ
If anyone is still having issues involving Windows Servers check out your c++ visual studio pack.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

You can look further in the Event Logs and look for Error or Information regarding the boot. If you don't want to debug it yourself, feel free to drop me a line via email.

All the best.