Valve should create a place to report cheating servers, on website

12

Re: Valve should create a place to report cheating servers, on website

Asher Baker
The same has happened on the modding / server plugin front - people used to share information pretty much freely and help each out (and server admins willing to try their hand at coding), now it's all private in the name of exclusivity, $$$, and laziness.
This has had a double effect of pushing away a lot of the old crowd very quickly, so now a lot of that knowledge is lost.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Saint K. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also I think I am still listed as top donor on sourcemod after all these years. A simple “10% of our income in donations goes to projects we use to support them”. See how this world (used?) to work?

And we wish there were more of you!

~~~~~
"Their heads are green, and their hands are blue,
      And they went to sea in a Sieve." - Edward Lear

Re: Valve should create a place to report cheating servers, on website

darulo
Getting banned every 2 days isn't enough it should be way more often or some other solution should be put in place. Perhaps IP ban should apply as well not only your token.

Re: Valve should create a place to report cheating servers, on website

zapper92
Before banning tokens, Valve did IP bans. It's impossible...

What about GSPs getting their IPs banned due to 1 customer? It affects multiple innocent people hosted on the same IP.

-Rolf

> Op 16 jun. 2017 om 05:13 heeft darulo <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Getting banned every 2 days isn't enough it should be way more often or some
> other solution should be put in place. Perhaps IP ban should apply as well
> not only your token.

Re: Valve should create a place to report cheating servers, on website

BReeZ
And you still can do that without going against the server ToS in CS:GO.

Valve have made it so you can't use the community market skins to cause false ownership of items. This makes totally sense to me.

You're allowed to download/create your own custom models and make your community use those.

The problem is how Valve deals with this, and how they don't bother investing enough time to decrease the biased server popularity.

They went ahead and rewarded servers that are going against the rules instead of the oppersit.