Quantcast

Valve: Please fix HTML MOTD popup windows

Valve: Please fix HTML MOTD popup windows

Neuro Toxin
Hi,

The popup HTML windows that many servers rely on to show !rules, !shop and !otherfeatures have been running incredible slow.

The popup windows stay grey for a long period (20+ seconds) before the content is displayed. Once the initial content is displayed, following links and further browsing is not effected.

I'm receiving a huge amount of feedback from players that are having this issue.

The actual MOTD window (on client connected) runs perfectly and loading times are normal, only HTML popup windows are effected which are launched via the javascript window.open exploit that was gracefully patched and allowed (thanks Valve) after my last post here many eons ago.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/358415206083565063/

Re: Valve: Please fix HTML MOTD popup windows

Neuro Toxin
There is a lot of noise in the inital link in the main post.

Can we please have the steam/csgo devs have a look into this for a fix.

Re: Valve: Please fix HTML MOTD popup windows

Neuro Toxin
Confirmation the issue is resolved.

Thanks Michael/Valve!!!!!