Quantcast

Updaterate keeps changing to 64

Marcin Paterek
Hello,

For the last 3 weeks the value of cl_updaterate cvar keeps changing to 64. No matter what you set via console, right after you restart the game, it reverts back to 64. I am sure it has nothing to do with my configs - I checked every one of them, added "cl_updaterate 128" to my autoexec.cfg and even verified the game's integrity, without any luck.

Valve, could you please look into this issue?

Thanks,
Marcin

Re: Updaterate keeps changing to 64

Brendan H
Are you talking about the listen server or srcds?

---- On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:32:48 -0700 Marcin Paterek <[hidden email]> wrote ----
Hello,

For the last 3 weeks the value of cl_updaterate cvar keeps changing to 64. No matter what you set via console, right after you restart the game, it reverts back to 64. I am sure it has nothing to do with my configs - I checked every one of them, added "cl_updaterate 128" to my autoexec.cfg and even verified the game's integrity, without any luck.

Valve, could you please look into this issue?

Thanks,
Marcin

Re: Updaterate keeps changing to 64

Robin Groppe

We had this topic recently.

On you 128tick servers I am connecting with 64tick and it changes back to 64tick on every connect.

Gameservers are now forcing the LOWEST possible updaterate.

To fix this add this to you server.cfgs:

sv_mincmdrate "128"
sv_maxcmdrate "128"
sv_minupdaterate "128"
sv_maxupdaterate "128"

Link to this topic:

http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/128-tickrate-on-Windows-servers-not-working-td11952.html

cheers

Am 25.08.2016 um 21:50 schrieb Marcin Paterek:
I am talking about client settings - set up by cl_ cvars ;)

Are you talking about the listen server or srcds?

---- On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:32:48 -0700 Marcin Paterek <[hidden email]> wrote ----
Hello,

For the last 3 weeks the value of cl_updaterate cvar keeps changing to 64. No matter what you set via console, right after you restart the game, it reverts back to 64. I am sure it has nothing to do with my configs - I checked every one of them, added "cl_updaterate 128" to my autoexec.cfg and even verified the game's integrity, without any luck.

Valve, could you please look into this issue?

Thanks,
Marcin

Re: Updaterate keeps changing to 64

joshtrav
Is this prior to or after connection to a server.  As the
aforementioned sv_ commands will adjust your cl_vars to meet the
server's min and maxes.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Robin Groppe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We had this topic recently.
>

> On you 128tick servers I am connecting with 64tick and it changes back to
> 64tick on every connect.
>
> Gameservers are now forcing the LOWEST possible updaterate.
>

> To fix this add this to you server.cfgs:
>
> sv_mincmdrate "128"
> sv_maxcmdrate "128"
> sv_minupdaterate "128"
> sv_maxupdaterate "128"
>

> Link to this topic:
>
> http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/128-tickrate-on-Windows-servers-not-working-td11952.html
>
> cheers
>
> Am 25.08.2016 um 21:50 schrieb Marcin Paterek:
>
> I am talking about client settings - set up by cl_ cvars ;)

>> Are you talking about the listen server or srcds?
>>
>> ---- On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:32:48 -0700 Marcin Paterek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote ----
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> For the last 3 weeks the value of cl_updaterate cvar keeps changing to 64.
>> No matter what you set via console, right after you restart the game, it
>> reverts back to 64. I am sure it has nothing to do with my configs - I
>> checked every one of them, added "cl_updaterate 128" to my autoexec.cfg and
>> even verified the game's integrity, without any luck.
>>
>> Valve, could you please look into this issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Marcin

Re: Updaterate keeps changing to 64

Marcin Paterek
Thank you guys, somehow I missed that email before. I will try to set up minimum rates :)

Marcin