Quantcast

Update

12

Update

Molnár László
"Valve,

I understand that you release patches during normal business hours so
you can address any issues post-patch, but why don't you release patches
during off-times? You like Wednesdays? Fine. Release the patch first
thing Wednesday morning. Patches are being released during peak hours
and it's very disruptive.

Nick"

It has been discussed many times... you cannot find a right time for this, there will be alway one region where the peak time is now...

Re: Update

Calvin
"you cannot find a right time for this, there will be alway one region where
the peak time is now."

It sounds like you want updates tailored to your timezone, even though you
realize they can't make everyone happy.

> I understand that you release patches during normal business hours so
> you can address any issues post-patch, but why don't you release patches
> during off-times? You like Wednesdays? Fine. Release the patch first
> thing Wednesday morning. Patches are being released during peak hours
> and it's very disruptive.
>
> Nick"
>
> It has been discussed many times... you cannot find a right time for this,
> there will be alway one region where the peak time is now...

Re: Update

Andre Müller

In Germany it's ok. (UTC+2)
It's not possible to make everyone happy. There is not another good possible solution.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Molnár László" <[hidden email]>

Re: Update

Ido Magal

Worldwide peak is usually around 10am PST. We prefer to ship as far from peak while still being around the office to be able to address any issues that might arise and for us that’s late afternoon or early evening.

If we miss our window then we may opt to push it out Thursday morning.

Hotfixes are shipped when we determine that the value of the fix outweighs the disruption that results.

Thanks.

Re: Update

William Graham
Ido,

Love the transparency provided to this list, please keep it up.

Will G.

Re: Update

mishu@hs-s.com
It's fine the way it goes atm!

They develop and release the updates very smart. Sometimes befopre there were updates at 8pm UTC+2 (GERMANY) and the steamserver nearly "crashes" cause all the europeans have to download at their peak! So when Valve said that the worldwide peak is usually around 10am PST so 5pm PST might be the best time for the collective!

So stop beeing selfish and blind for the gloabl view! Thanks!

Am 16.05.2013 18:37, schrieb William Graham:
Ido,

Love the transparency provided to this list, please keep it up.

Will G.

AskConnect - askconnect_accept

mishu@hs-s.com
Hey Guys,

in 1.6 and CS:S there was the possibility to redirect Player to another Server. In the next weeks our Publics have to move and the IPs will change and as i see, there were probs with askconnect_accept functionality in cs:go - not one plugin seems to work on cs:go.

Is this not implemented or just not working?!

Some ideas how to realize?

Thanks! :)

Am 16.05.2013 17:39, schrieb Ido Magal:

Worldwide peak is usually around 10am PST. We prefer to ship as far from peak while still being around the office to be able to address any issues that might arise and for us that’s late afternoon or early evening.

If we miss our window then we may opt to push it out Thursday morning.

Hotfixes are shipped when we determine that the value of the fix outweighs the disruption that results.

Thanks.

Re: Update

shadowmoses
Ido,

Is there anyway that the pending updates and the actual updates can be
posted to the "hlds_announce" list like all the other valve updates?

That would be my only complaint as updates seem to blend in on this list
with update discussion etc...

It would be easier to see when an update is released because I have that
list hooked to my other emails as well because there is no discussion.

Thanks for all the work you have done Ido.

On 2013-05-16 10:39, Ido Magal wrote:

> Worldwide peak is usually around 10am PST. We prefer to ship as far
> from peak while still being around the office to be able to address
> any issues that might arise and for us that's late afternoon or early
> evening.
>
> If we miss our window then we may opt to push it out Thursday morning.
>
> Hotfixes are shipped when we determine that the value of the fix
> outweighs the disruption that results.
>
> Thanks.
>
> FROM: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] ON BEHALF OF Cody
> Lee
> SENT: Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:06 AM
> TO: [hidden email]
> SUBJECT: Re: [Csgo_servers] Update
>
> Patches occur on Wednesdays in the US. Ido usually announces that
> there is an update pending around 3:00 p.m. PST and updates typically
> push out around 5:00 p.m. PST. At least that's the pattern that ive
> noticed.
>
> On May 16, 2013 9:23 AM, "Calder Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not but valve needs to be like blizzard and announce when it's
> occurring. Realms will be down for scheduled maintenance. And announce
> it on twitter. @csgo_dev? Releasing an update.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 16, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Andre Müller <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> In Germany it's ok. (UTC+2)
> It's not possible to make everyone happy. There is not another good
> possible solution.
>
> Am 16.05.2013 11:29 schrieb "Evourr" <[hidden email]>:
>
> "you cannot find a right time for this, there will be alway one region
> where the peak time is now."
>
> It sounds like you want updates tailored to your timezone, even though
> you realize they can't make everyone happy.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Molnár László"
> <[hidden email]>

V V

Re: Update

V V
Dear Ido,
I have serious question about thread.
Source engine using thread, this good. For setting thread need using command –thread in start parameter. This working only for “video” thread and working very good.
But, for sound you always using 8 thread, I’m check this J, my question, how to set thread for sound.
Making this possibility in start parameter, for example –sound_thread …, for sound good 1 thread only, may be 2, need test … for me :).
Thanks you.
p.s. question why? This other story J, may be it's strange for you, but this fix problem with latency ….., I'm spend more time while found this problem ...

Re: Update

Calvin
useless.

Re: Update

Saul Rennison
Some tasks are performed in parallel in the engine and game code, so do NOT set affinity on your srcds instances. Let the OS choose which cores which servers run on. Some recent TF2 CPU/lag spikes were a result of server operators forcing srcds onto a single core.

Kind regards,
Saul Rennison

useless.

Re: Update

Winnie the Pooh
Yes.

On 5/27/13, Bella Zio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh ok thx for your answer guys , i want to host an 32 slots 128 tick server
> , its an i5 2500  <https://cp.seflow.it/ordiniweb/dserver.php?id=52> enough
> to keep always the tick on 128 even when server full? :) Thx
>

> 2013/5/27 Saul Rennison <[hidden email]>
>
>> Some tasks are performed in parallel in the engine and game code, so do
>> NOT set affinity on your srcds instances. Let the OS choose which cores
>> which servers run on. Some recent TF2 CPU/lag spikes were a result of
>> server operators forcing srcds onto a single core.
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Saul Rennison
>>

>> On 27 May 2013 13:50, Evourr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> **
>>> useless.

-Winnie the Pooh
TimetoKill.net

Re: Update

Toms Seisums
Bella Zio, specific questions would be better suited for http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/.

But in short, i5 will handle it, the problem relies in RAM though.

On 27 May 2013 16:42, Bella Zio <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

- (+371) 26431391

May the force be with you, always!

I understand that you release patches during normal business hours so
you can address any issues post-patch, but why don't you release patches
during off-times? You like Wednesdays? Fine. Release the patch first
thing Wednesday morning. Patches are being released during peak hours
and it's very disruptive.

Nick"

It has been discussed many times... you cannot find a right time for this, there will be alway one region where the peak time is now...

Toms Seisums

- <a href="tel:%28%2B371%29%2026431391" value="+37126431391" target="_blank">(+371) 26431391

May the force be with you, always!

Re: Update

Emanuel Caceres | Gmail
Ey Guys.

I have a problem with the name of a map.
There is a character limit, generating the problem.
At map change workshop/125499116/de_inferno_s, do not read the last E of the name. Causing the following error CModelLoader :: Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/workshop/125499116/de_inferno_s.bsp'
Pls repaired or explain how to fix it, I'm using the workshop should run correctly and not have this sort of trouble, it's just a character add more or remove the limit, there is something illogical such.

Emanuel Caceres Soporte Técnico 127.0.0.1

Soluciones Innovadoras
Mendoza 2917 :: C1428DKY
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires :: Argentina
Tel/Fax: 0810 55 LOCALHOST | (011) 4784-6993
http://www.localhost.net.ar/
[hidden email]

I understand that you release patches during normal business hours so
you can address any issues post-patch, but why don't you release patches
during off-times? You like Wednesdays? Fine. Release the patch first
thing Wednesday morning. Patches are being released during peak hours
and it's very disruptive.

Nick"

It has been discussed many times... you cannot find a right time for this, there will be alway one region where the peak time is now...

Toms Seisums

- <A href="tel:%28%2B371%29%2026431391" target=_blank value="+37126431391">(+371) 26431391

May the force be with you, always!

logofirma.jpg (6K) Download Attachment
12