Quantcast

Tokens not keeping servers in favorites on IP change?

Tokens not keeping servers in favorites on IP change?

Anders Ekman
Hi,

As far as I understand it, one of the key features of GSLTs (apart from enabling Valve to ban malicious servers) is to keep a server in player's favorites server list even if the game server changes IP.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. We've confirmed this doesn't work by creating a CS:GO server, adding a token and adding it to favorites. We then changed the IP of the server and tried to find the server on favorites, but it could no longer be found. The entry is still there, on the old IP, but the server is marked as offline (while it's not).

Does anyone know if this feature was ever intended for CS:GO and if there's anything else you need to do to get it to work?

These are the patch notes that lead me to this belief, and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere. They are for TF2, so it may be that this was never intended for CS:GO, but that sounds very odd:

"Added the server command "sv_setsteamaccount" for logging in with a persistent game server account using a login token. Login tokens may be acquired via the IGameServersService/CreateAccount web API. Using a login token is not required to run a game server, but allows Steam users to continue to access your game server from their favorites list if your game server changes IP in the future."

Ian

ics

Re: Tokens not keeping servers in favorites on IP change?

ics
It takes atleast 24 hours for changes to get applied. The old server
needs to have IP set for that time and the new one has to have it too
for the same amount of time (if not more) so changes take affect.

-ics

Anders Ekman kirjoitti:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I understand it, one of the key features of GSLTs (apart
> from enabling Valve to ban malicious servers) is to keep a server in
> player's favorites server list even if the game server changes IP.
>
> Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. We've confirmed this
> doesn't work by creating a CS:GO server, adding a token and adding it
> to favorites. We then changed the IP of the server and tried to find
> the server on favorites, but it could no longer be found. The entry is
> still there, on the old IP, but the server is marked as offline (while
> it's not).
>
> Does anyone know if this feature was ever intended for CS:GO and if
> there's anything else you need to do to get it to work?
>
> These are the patch notes that lead me to this belief, and I've seen
> it mentioned elsewhere. They are for TF2, so it may be that this was
> never intended for CS:GO, but that sounds very odd:
>
> /"Added the server command "sv_setsteamaccount" for logging in with a
> persistent game server account using a login token. Login tokens may
> be acquired via the IGameServersService/CreateAccount web API. Using a
> login token is not required to run a game server, but allows Steam
> users to continue to access your game server from their favorites list
> if your game server changes IP in the future."/
> /
> /
> Source: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=12360/
> /

Re: Tokens not keeping servers in favorites on IP change?

mailing

False, that is a feature.

It works and I’ve used it many times for my servers.

The problem is that (as ics stated) you can’t do that on the fly, you need to give it a good 24 hours between any actions.

BR,

Niko