Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

Risk
Good morning,
A year ago, was the information on the prohibition of the use of
counterfeiting player's inventory?
It was created token?
It created application servers that are abusing this rule?

What has been done on this year?
NOTHING.

Network servers are all completely somewhere, one of those involved in
the creation of the servers does not pay attention to the ban. Why is
this happening?
There were maybe 3-4 waves bans on IP or token.
Has anyone took this? No, generate a new token that moment. These
developers have several accounts steam. Each of the accounts of tokens,
prepared the unit if a bummer!

Punish you where you can see exactly .. Look at the top 50 servers,
according to GT.
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?&searchipp=50#search

We are looking for:
!knife result 13
!ws result 10
30% of servers with top uses prohibited plugins!

But let's see how things look on? GT's search under the word !knife,
!ws, siny, kosy:
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?query=%21ws&searchipp=50#search
9 pages of 50 results, or 450 servers ws
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?query=%21knife&searchipp=50#search
9 pages of 50 results, just 450 servers knife. Practically the same servers.
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?query=skiny&searchipp=50#search
200 results for the word skiny
http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?query=kosy&searchipp=50#search
200 results for the word kosy
About 600 servers is prohibited plugins!

I would ask for a clear definition of the rules and to take appropriate
steps in this matter.
Or skins and knife are permitted or prohibited!
I'm sorry for my English, translate google

Re: Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

Absurd Minds

They're prohibited, but I agree that valve needs to step up the counter measures. There are still so many servers with skin plugins. It's frustrating to have people join my server, type !knife, say "gay" and then immediately leave.

I mean, if all they care about is skins, they probably don't play competitively enough to be in my server in the first place, but it's still hard to not be frustrated.

On Jun 8, 2016 12:13 PM, "Risk" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Calder Lewis
Listen,
This is like speeding on the highway. Do you do it? Most people yes. Why because the chance of getting caught will be to have to pay a fine. In our case, GSLT tokens are banned. If you are willing to take the risk of your token being banned, use the plugin, but if not then don't worry. You are using risk analysis and deciding to not use the plugins.

-Calder Lewis

W dniu 2016-06-08 o 18:26, Calder Lewis pisze:
[...]

Yes, but whether on the highway has no control? Is there a highway on which during the year, police checked the speed of Commerce and maybe three or four times a year?

In my country there is practically no motorways are expressways, and going this way in many places waiting police car, checking the speed of cars.
It is not always every day, not always in the same place.

W dniu 2016-06-08 o 18:23, Usman Khan pisze:
> I remember a different !knife plugin being also used for last two men
> standing who wanted a knife round between the last two players which
> was fine
> Just saying ;)

Okay, they are fashion Knife Arena maps ka_ easily check ... But if
links with the GT are false?

Re: Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

Mathias Mortensen
I have one Game Anti-DDoS OVH Dedicated Server.

What can i do if i keep getting DDoS'ed? It just goes offline on steam, nothing else? new kind of attack or? And how can i stop it?

Theese are 4 of the ips...

IP rate limit under distributed packet load (1798 buckets, 3601 global count), rejecting 91.176.20.87:27015.
IP rate limit sustained 11803 distributed packets at 196.7 pps (1628 buckets).
IP rate limit under distributed packet load (1801 buckets, 3601 global count), rejecting 218.0.149.137:27015.
IP rate limit sustained 11846 distributed packets at 197.4 pps (1632 buckets).
IP rate limit under distributed packet load (1828 buckets, 3601 global count), rejecting 161.138.196.38:27015.
IP rate limit sustained 12068 distributed packets at 201.1 pps (1651 buckets).
IP rate limit under distributed packet load (1812 buckets, 3601 global count), rejecting 193.184.4.136:27015.

[...]

David Parker
The major difference between Valve enforcing rules on dedicated servers and police enforcing rules on the highway is the fact that Valve has full control over many aspects of this issue.  Police (usually) can't know that you plan to break the law as soon as you start up your car, or start driving down the street.  Valve, however, has a set of rules which they want to enforce on game servers and it seems to me like they could build these rules into the server code itself, and make the server simply refuse to start if any of the violations are detected (and even tell you what the problem is so you can correct it *before* you get banned).  Moreover, if someone does manage to start a server which violates the rules, couldn't the master servers detect this and at least refuse to list the server?  It seems odd to me that servers which are in clear violation of Valve's stated rules are still able to be listed, queried, and played on because the process for detecting violators is apparently manual.  Seems like it should be automated somehow, so the rules apply to everyone without human error involved.

Just my two cents.

    - Dave

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Mathias Mortensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dave Parker
Systems Administrator
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177

Re: Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

Calder Lewis
You've already proven my point many times over. The end result is you either take the risk and use the plugins or don't worry about it as the probability of them never getting caught is extremely small.

People commenting on some people running the plugins is irrelevant. Either run them and take the risk or follow the rules and know you will not have to face the reprisals.

-Calder Lewis

On Jun 8, 2016, at 1:21 PM, David Parker <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

lost422
This politics is sick...

I do not use these plugins but I wonder more often for breaking these rules, because there are a lot of servers which break rules and they have 90% of children... Without them there is no way to pay for renting of servers.

Re: Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

BReeZ
There should be nothing to argue about, Valve set a list of rules. The servers breaking those rules should also face the consequences, the fact that Valve haven't shown much ban activity when there are still servers around breaking the rules is indeed a problem and will only result into more revolt. So i totally agree with this post that it's as if Valve is taking a dumb on those going with the rules, but those who're still gaining from breaking them are still "allowed" to do as they wish. I wonder if this is the same ban mentality they have on player VAC's in Matchmaking.

Otherwise they should add mods who could check each server for potential misuse, if Valve themselves do not have time.

On 9 June 2016 at 15:48, lost422 <[hidden email]> wrote:
This politics is sick...

I do not use these plugins but I wonder more often for breaking these rules,
because there are a lot of servers which break rules and they have 90% of
children... Without them there is no way to pay for renting of servers.

Re: Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

doomhammer69
the only way to ban them, its joining and report them! But... you need many people, and at last when the server is ban, the next day appears again with a new token. This is very frustrating cause obeying valve laws it is noticeable that many players leave after typing !skin !knife or whatever.
Not to mention about the experiencie wich player dont get playing in community servers.... CsGo is slowly dying but valve hasn´t got any problem. With Following OPs will get money and we still fu**ed.

Re: Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

The H4x0r
Also currently there's a server plugin/exploit that lets server owners disable server reporting by tagging the server as a official valve server.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=283556

Here's the plugin source: http://pastebin.com/raw/LwuZ45Nv

> Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 00:51:14 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Csgo_servers] Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics
>
> the only way to ban them, its joining and report them! But... you need many
> people, and at last when the server is ban, the next day appears again with
> a new token. This is very frustrating cause obeying valve laws it is
> noticeable that many players leave after typing !skin !knife or whatever.
> Not to mention about the experiencie wich player dont get playing in
> community servers.... CsGo is slowly dying but valve hasn´t got any problem.
> With Following OPs will get money and we still fu**ed.

Re: Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

Robin Groppe

LOL

Am 12.06.2016 18:46 schrieb "The H4x0r" <[hidden email]>:
Also currently there's a server plugin/exploit that lets server owners disable server reporting by tagging the server as a official valve server.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=283556

Here's the plugin source: http://pastebin.com/raw/LwuZ45Nv

> Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 00:51:14 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Csgo_servers] Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics
>
> the only way to ban them, its joining and report them! But... you need many
> people, and at last when the server is ban, the next day appears again with
> a new token. This is very frustrating cause obeying valve laws it is
> noticeable that many players leave after typing !skin !knife or whatever.
> Not to mention about the experiencie wich player dont get playing in
> community servers.... CsGo is slowly dying but valve hasn´t got any problem.
> With Following OPs will get money and we still fu**ed.

Re: Skin/Knife/WS/Kosy/Skiny - Valve Politics

Nathaniel Theis
The entire detection system relies on servers reporting themselves for
violating the rules.

So, unfortunately, a plugin could just patch that out of the server,
no need for weird hacks.