Quantcast

Servers Running Banned Plugins

Gamemann

Hello, I would like to discuss something that has been bothering me for a while now. At the moment, there are many servers (!knife and !ws) running plugins that are against Valve’s server guidelines and no actions are being done.

As far as I am aware, no server ban waves have been performed recently (or servers are somehow not getting banned while running the banned plugins). However, does that really matter? All the server owner has to do is set the server up on another account with CS:GO that isn't banned and they will receive the same player base they had before. Valve, is there no way to restrict servers from giving weapon items/skins the player doesn’t own?

In my opinion, this isn’t fair to servers obeying the server guidelines. There are obviously going to be more players on servers offering free knife/weapon skins.

Overall, I am aware Valve is on vacation but I hope they can look at this when they get back. I also hope server owners can further discuss this issue here and give suggestions.

Thanks.

Re: Servers Running Banned Plugins

Linuxxfan

We send e-mails many times. But, they are not interested. Customers do not use illegal plugins in Turkey. Illegal plugins are provided by the game server providers in exchange for real money.

Game server login token is created only an accountThis company sells illegal plugins for real money.

http://www.oyunyoneticisi.com/cs-serverlar.html

https://twitter.com/OyunYoneticisi/status/749268260508565504

https://twitter.com/oyunyoneticisi/status/735216280479862784

http://www.oyunyoneticisi.com/cs-go-server-eklentiler-pluginler-yuklu-gelenler.html --> !mm !knife !ws

04.07.2016 04:40 tarihinde Christian Deacon yazdı:

[...]

hlstriker
I'm 100% with you Gamemann. They need to do a proper fix once and for all and stop forcing servers to use GSLT as well. I know of many servers that had originally removed those type of plugins but have been adding them back since it's so easy to avoid bans / get new tokens. There are ways to bypass the detection they are using which might have something to do with the lack of bans (I'm not even sure if people are still getting banned at all, haven't really been paying attention).

Is it that hard to check if a particular player owns a specific skin/wear on a weapon? Hopefully checks like that gets implemented and I hope they stop banning servers for even attempting to modify that data.. just block it from displaying the skin so you can get rid of the forced GSLT and so plugin developers don't unknowingly do the wrong thing.

Valve, for the love of god we just want some attention brought to this horrible system. Haven't we been tortured long enough?!

Re: Servers Running Banned Plugins

hlstriker
As a side note to Valve if they do decide to implement skin owner checks keep in mind we can still change both the weapon model and view model. As long as we have access to changing those model indexes you can never stop custom skins. For example I can take the awp model and inject a bunch of new skin families each using a material pointing to one of the weapon skins. You won't stop bypassing such a thing unless you do some serious pixel/resolution comparison for the basetextures and even then someone will find a way to bypass the texture detection. The really bad down side to restricting custom model indexes is it prevents game-modes like zombie mod from applying weapon models that make the game-mode more immersive such as zombie claws. You would probably have to block any parenting to the view models as well (parenting to the weapon models doesn't seem like a big deal though.)

Regardless on what you guys do please stop requiring us to use GSLT and please stop any ban waves. Why not just block the custom skins from ever applying to the weapon instead?

PS: It would be nice if skins would get applied to the first owner of the weapon if the weapon doesn't already have a skin applied and hasn't already had an owner. This would fix when you pickup weapons from the world and when plugins give players a new weapon.
TJ

Re: Servers Running Banned Plugins

TJ
I apologize for the double post if it comes through, email messed up.

I am extremely good friends with Christian, and we discuss constantly about the absurd amount of servers running !knife + !ws with absolutely no penalty. Plugins have been created at this point that detect when your server is banned and switches your token live via autoexec.cfg so you do not lose players, ranks, etc.

I’ve seen good friends of mine who coordinate communities now move back to ws + knife because their community is constantly sliding backwards due to the abundance of servers which are excelling on this banned niche. It’s sad that some of us had to go through a lot of challenges ensuring every one of our servers were clean (some of us own 20+ servers), ensure that no one in our staff that has access can add a plugin and get us removed, ensure that we had tokens up during the correct dates, and consistently monitor and worry about a kink in the system.

It’s quite unfair, while myself, and Christian for that matter will not be joining others in adding these perks to our servers, we are at valves mercy to actually do something to repair the system that they put in place. Why would you go through all the trouble of designing a system, coding, then implementing it if according to rankings (GameTracker), the majority of the top 100 will continue to run ws/knife? Is there no way you can patch this instead of making us suffer depopulation?

One last point to pull, because I am positive someone is going to make a comment about it. Yes. There is depopulation because our servers do not run knife/ws. We see players join, type !knife or !ws then leave immediately, it’s not just an assumption. While we are not hostile to the communities who wish to participate in using knife/ws, someone has to get involved. Realistically the only people who can get involved is Valve Corporation.

A lot of us have stood by your corporation for years, building communities off the resources, rules, and regulations you put forth to us. Please now stand by us server operators who are being screwed out of the competition due to a banned niche. It is not a level playing ground, it’s not simply whoever has the most unique content, the best features, etc. It’s whoever can keep their server up the longest with ws/knife, and that is one unfair playing ground when some of us wish to continue to abide by your regulations.

Thank you for your time.
TJ.