Server specs and OS recommendation.

12

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Cyborgium
Stealth Mode wrote
> Are you giving them your external IP address to connect to or the local
> network IP address? Also the entire server needs to be sitting on the DMZ.
>
> -Stealth

 The external ofcourse. What do you mean the server has to be sitting on the
DMZ? Doesnt DMZ mean the server wouldnt have access to the outside world?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode
Also, please check this handy GO server install reference and ensure you are setting correct parameters, launch options.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you giving them your external IP address to connect to or the local network IP address? Also the entire server needs to be sitting on the DMZ.

-Stealth

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Cyborgium <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I set up my server fine, I can connect from my gaming PC without any trouble
via my WAN ip. However, when I try to invite other peopl over, I can't
connect. As far as I know, I've done the port forwarding the way it should
be (I forwarded 27000 up to 27040). sv_lan is set to 0.

Any idea what the problem could be?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode
And if this was the error message for your clients, this is the solution. Have they been able to ping the external IP address?

"Clients cannot connect to the server. They receive the error "Failed to get session data."

This is probably caused by specifying an invalid map group in the startup command line. E.g., the August 10, 2012 update removed the "mg_allclassics" mapgroup. Changing it to a valid map group, e.g. mg_active, may fix the problem."

Found a couple of things at the valve troubleshooting site that may apply, so just going to link you to it.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

RE: bandwidth

Handy reference chart about halfway down the page for bandwidth requirements.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Charalampos Galanis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I always wondered if the current players playing on a srcds (csgo, tf2) is linear or exponential to the upload bandiwth used by the srcds.

Στις 11 Νοε 2017 22:50, ο χρήστης "Cyborgium" <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
Hello,

I set up my server fine, I can connect from my gaming PC without any trouble
via my WAN ip. However, when I try to invite other peopl over, I can't
connect. As far as I know, I've done the port forwarding the way it should
be (I forwarded 27000 up to 27040). sv_lan is set to 0.

Any idea what the problem could be?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode
Cyborgium...

DMZ in reference to networking....

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Cyborgium <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stealth Mode wrote
> Are you giving them your external IP address to connect to or the local
> network IP address? Also the entire server needs to be sitting on the DMZ.
>
> -Stealth

 The external ofcourse. What do you mean the server has to be sitting on the
DMZ? Doesnt DMZ mean the server wouldnt have access to the outside world?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Cyborgium
Stealth Mode wrote

> And if this was the error message for your clients, this is the solution.
> Have they been able to ping the external IP address?
>
> "Clients cannot connect to the server. They receive the error "Failed to
> get session data."
>
> This is probably caused by specifying an invalid map group in the startup
> command line. E.g., the August 10, 2012 update removed the
> "mg_allclassics"
> mapgroup. Changing it to a valid map group, e.g. mg_active, may fix the
> problem."
>
> Found a couple of things at the valve troubleshooting site that may apply,
> so just going to link you to it.
>
> https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Dedicated_Servers_Known_Issues#Clients_cannot_connect_to_the_server._They_receive_the_error_.22Failed_to_get_session_data..22
>
> _________
> Csgo_servers mailing list

> Csgo_servers@.valvesoftware

They can't even ping my external IP. Would this imply that I havent port
forwarded right?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode
It would imply your server is not sitting on the DMZ host of your router. Or that your firewall (Internal router firewall) is blocking all traffic.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Cyborgium <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stealth Mode wrote
> And if this was the error message for your clients, this is the solution.
> Have they been able to ping the external IP address?
>
> "Clients cannot connect to the server. They receive the error "Failed to
> get session data."
>
> This is probably caused by specifying an invalid map group in the startup
> command line. E.g., the August 10, 2012 update removed the
> "mg_allclassics"
> mapgroup. Changing it to a valid map group, e.g. mg_active, may fix the
> problem."
>
> Found a couple of things at the valve troubleshooting site that may apply,
> so just going to link you to it.
>
> https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Dedicated_Servers_Known_Issues#Clients_cannot_connect_to_the_server._They_receive_the_error_.22Failed_to_get_session_data..22
>
> _________
> Csgo_servers mailing list

> Csgo_servers@.valvesoftware

They can't even ping my external IP. Would this imply that I havent port
forwarded right?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Cyborgium
Stealth Mode wrote
> Cyborgium...
>
> DMZ in reference to networking....
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)

I really dont quite understand why the server has to be in the DMZ. Maybe
it's a stupid question, but would you mind explaining it?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode

On Nov 11, 2017 16:08, "Cyborgium" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stealth Mode wrote
> Cyborgium...
>
> DMZ in reference to networking....
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)

I really dont quite understand why the server has to be in the DMZ. Maybe
it's a stupid question, but would you mind explaining it?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode
Also, check out this thread on the steam forums.

Especially the video related to part V, port forwarding and dmz-ing.

Stealth Mode wrote

kvn

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

kvn

DMZ is quite a dumb idea, simply open the necessary ports on the internal NAT IP.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Cyborgium <[hidden email]> wrote:

Stealth Mode wrote
> Are you giving them your external IP address to connect to or the local
> network IP address? Also the entire server needs to be sitting on the DMZ.
>
> -Stealth

 The external ofcourse. What do you mean the server has to be sitting on the
DMZ? Doesnt DMZ mean the server wouldnt have access to the outside world?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Cyborgium
Stealth Mode wrote
> Also, check out this thread on the steam forums.
>
> https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/13/828939163961292409/
>
> Especially the video related to part V, port forwarding and dmz-ing.

Thanks for the help so far, I've finally managed to get my IP pingable.

People still can't join the server though, while I still can. When they try
to join, they get the following message:
Connecting to public(<ipadress>:27015) ...
Server using 'public' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id ffffffffffffffff

The weird part is, I get the exact same message but I do join. I've tried
googling it but I can't find a sollution for it. Do you have any idea what
this could be?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Dennis Christ
Have you setup a game server login token? Without it you would only be
able to connect over lan.

Its required for a while for all public servers and you need a steam
account to create the token.

See:
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Dedicated_Servers#Registering_Game_Server_Login_Token

Am 11.11.2017 um 23:26 schrieb Cyborgium:

> Stealth Mode wrote
>> Also, check out this thread on the steam forums.
>>
>> https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/13/828939163961292409/
>>
>> Especially the video related to part V, port forwarding and dmz-ing.

> Thanks for the help so far, I've finally managed to get my IP pingable.
>
> People still can't join the server though, while I still can. When they try
> to join, they get the following message:
> Connecting to public(<ipadress>:27015) ...
> Server using 'public' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id ffffffffffffffff
>
> The weird part is, I get the exact same message but I do join. I've tried
> googling it but I can't find a sollution for it. Do you have any idea what
> this could be?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

ReMS
its possible that:
udp ports not open
udp filter ?
any hidden whitelist installed or sourcemod?

Am 12.11.2017 01:26 schrieb "Cyborgium" <[hidden email]>:
Stealth Mode wrote
> Also, check out this thread on the steam forums.
>
> https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/13/828939163961292409/
>
> Especially the video related to part V, port forwarding and dmz-ing.

Thanks for the help so far, I've finally managed to get my IP pingable.

People still can't join the server though, while I still can. When they try
to join, they get the following message:
Connecting to public(<ipadress>:27015) ...
Server using 'public' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id ffffffffffffffff

The weird part is, I get the exact same message but I do join. I've tried
googling it but I can't find a sollution for it. Do you have any idea what
this could be?

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Neuro Toxin
Thats one of the stupidest thing's I've heard.

Dont set DMZ on your servers ip. Just configure your router properly.

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Fwd: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode
This list has gotten hit with some kind of email bot. Alfred can you block the person "Kate Stitch" from email address [hidden email]? Every time I post to this list now the mail is getting responses from this email address with nude photographs. Very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Cybergium, as Dennis stated, I forgot GO needs tokens to allow connections outside of lan (why this extra step is added is questionable, however, it is required for public servers). Please follow those steps to ensure your server has a login token.

-Stealth

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Dennis Christ <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: Fwd: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Cyborgium
Stealth Mode wrote
> This list has gotten hit with some kind of email bot. Alfred can you block
> the person "Kate Stitch" from email address

> katestitch@

> ?
> Every time I post to this list now the mail is getting responses from this
> email address with nude photographs. Very annoying.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cybergium, as Dennis stated, I forgot GO needs tokens to allow connections
> outside of lan (why this extra step is added is questionable, however, it
> is required for public servers). Please follow those steps to ensure your
> server has a login token.
>
> -Stealth

 I managed to get it all working, thank you all very much for your help and
time!

And yeah, I just blocked that emailadres in my mail client..

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Fwd: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode
I also have blocked it. Glad to hear that you got it setup, and running for your group. Have fun scrimming, dunno if people still use IRC to setup matches/scrims outside of the game, but good luck with it.

-Stealth

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Cyborgium <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stealth Mode wrote
> This list has gotten hit with some kind of email bot. Alfred can you block
> the person "Kate Stitch" from email address

> katestitch@

> ?
> Every time I post to this list now the mail is getting responses from this
> email address with nude photographs. Very annoying.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cybergium, as Dennis stated, I forgot GO needs tokens to allow connections
> outside of lan (why this extra step is added is questionable, however, it
> is required for public servers). Please follow those steps to ensure your
> server has a login token.
>
> -Stealth

 I managed to get it all working, thank you all very much for your help and
time!

And yeah, I just blocked that emailadres in my mail client..

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Server specs and OS recommendation.

Stealth Mode
For now I have created filters to automatically delete all @leafemail.com, and @talkingmail.xyz emails. Hoping this does not block @list.valvesoftware.com mails. Should remedy the issue locally. However, this doesn't stop the person who is registered anonymously on another account with [hidden email]. Someone is abusing the list. And doing it so anonymously that it will be hard to track unless someone can find out the account holders information at either leafmail, or talkingmail. Attempting to trace further. Might be possible with a return receipt setting on the email once it is delivered, and read by the offender abusing this list.

-Stealth

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Alfred Reynolds <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is no [hidden email] on the mailing list, they must have a 3rd party account they are forwarding via. If you can check out the raw email you get perhaps it will have enough fingerprints to find that originating account.

- Alfred