Recent harassment on Cs go server mail list

Recent harassment on Cs go server mail list

Stealth Mode
Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list better.

A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/moderation.

A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more experienced IT professionals on this list.

Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.

Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list.

Sincerely,
Christopher "StealthMode" Stephen Larkins
HL Mod server professional since 1999
Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
Independent IT Field Engineer

ics

Re: Recent harassment on Cs go server mail list

ics
You're definitely not the only one who has been here a long time and has
knowledge, understanding and skill regarding these matters.

The way you presented yourself and the issue at hand is the problem
here. You came out of the blue for several of us, seemed arrogant and
all knowing and that is what "triggered" a lot of people. Simple heads
up-warning would have sufficed and not getting yourself involved more
deeper in to this and escalating the issue. There are always people
online willing to argue with you in any topic.

Also, you should have sent this message to Alfred alone instead of to
the whole list to see to not escalate this matter more. Many of us know
him and his contributions. We are here to talk after all, so just ignore
the trolls and leave them be. However, i suspect you just triggered them
more.

-ics

Stealth Mode wrote:

> Alfred, please have whoever is moderating these lists monitor the list
> better.
>
> A recent topic posted about the custom file exploit vulnerability has
> demonstrated a problem with list management/administration/moderation.
>
> A number of persons on this list do not have a lot of education in
> cybersecurity. In their ignorance they attack/harass some of the more
> experienced IT professionals on this list.
>
> Some of them I recognize from hlds, and Cs 1.0-1.6 days.
>
> Thanks in advance. Watch this thread on the go list, I bet they even
> harass on this topic. Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with
> his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore
> because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers).
> Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing
> persons on this list.
>
> Sincerely,
> Christopher "StealthMode" Stephen Larkins
> HL Mod server professional since 1999
> Professional CS competitor, and beta tester since 1998
> Independent IT Field Engineer

Re: Recent harassment on Cs go server mail list

Nathaniel Theis
honestly this is the funniest this list has been in years and I approve

although I do want to see some sweet looking stock photos of hackers in trenchcoats or ski masks

On Oct 12, 2017 9:31 AM, "Michael Loveless" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Don Park-2
The thing that probably rubbed people the wrong way was that his first response to asking for clarification and proof that this even is a problem (the guy literally writes, "Don't take this the wrong way"), was a condescending and aggressive tone of:

" Yes, IT skills. Electronics skills. And old school knowledge of how to inject image files with malicious code (NetSec/ITSec). This is an older style of "hacking". Remember those warnings about clicking download attachments from the 90s onward? Same thing still applies. Except, there is no detection for any hlds/go server, so an injected image can contaminate a server cache. Which in turn will infect clients. Any image file, any data file really, can be modified like this. Willing to bet good money those $500. go weapon skins have hack code scripted and injected into the image."

Or another goodie:

"No disrespect intended but you have no idea what you are speaking about." <- kinda hard to not take offense to that for some people.

Since then, every single response has been an escalation and reflection of that aggressiveness.  Also the fact that he tries to show he knows his "thing" by giving himself "Professional" "Independent" labels, as if those justify/strengthen his stance.

I'm familiar with what he's saying, but the reason why I didn't take him seriously is because he's thinking at a too theoretical of a level.  If you think of a problem at a high-enough level, it makes sense.  But, like any major/professional project people work on, the devil is always in the details.  I'm more keen to trust the developers and engineers at Valve to have figured out that detail than an email about an exploit that makes sense at a theoretical level but has provided no proof or reason that this actually can be exploited.

Basically asking for some preliminary results since it seemed under-prepared.

- Don

[...]

Ryan Bentley
"Even One Warrior Nation Ryan surprised me with his attacks (funny because he got into computer science in Baltimore because of conversations we used to have on owns 1.0-1.6 servers). Some of these members need suspended, or banned outright for harassing persons on this list."

I'm from the UK and have never met you before. Are you insane?

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Don Park <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

David Parker
Just be sure to wear a ski mask while you do it.  You know, old-school style...

:-)

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Ryan Bentley <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dave Parker '11
Database & Systems Administrator
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177

How to opt in CSGO beta with server?

MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de
hey guys.

i tried a few times now to install and start the beta on my linux
server. anyone here who could explain it shortly for me? :/

Re: How to opt in CSGO beta with server?

Absurd Minds

On Oct 13, 2017 2:38 PM, "MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de" <[hidden email]> wrote:
hey guys.

i tried a few times now to install and start the beta on my linux server. anyone here who could explain it shortly for me? :/

Re: How to opt in CSGO beta with server?

wickedplayer494 .
Should be as simple as tossing "app_update 740 -beta 1.36.0.7-rc1" to
SteamCMD.