Quantcast

Re: Sample gamemodes_server.txt , launch command , server.cfg files for beginners

Re: Sample gamemodes_server.txt , launch command , server.cfg files for beginners

haeufi
Because it need much more Server CPU... I set all servers to tick128
except the deathmatch and the armsrace, because there is much more action...

Am 19.08.2012 16:34, schrieb Molnár László:
> ou should increase the max value of cmd rate and min rate something

Re: Sample gamemodes_server.txt , launch command , server.cfg files for beginners

Erik-jan Riemers
Just throwing it out there, if i check the layout of gamemode_server.txt , i see all game modes/types/maps etc all in there..

is it not possible to enlarge that section, so that you would have 1 big gamemode_server.txt with all kinds of mapgroups and game modes which you need to assign during startup?

Or do you really need a seperate gamemode_server.txt for each server? (i have not tried though)

2012/8/19 Nick Emson <[hidden email]>

All,

As people are still struggling to create a working gamemodes_server.txt, need a formatted template or are tripping up on the pitfalls like the ‘maxplayers’ location, I have again re-linked a sample set of config files for those that need a template to work from. This may have gone un-noticed in a lengthy previous thread.

These are far from “feature-complete” for advanced tweakers, but should give beginners a reasonable template to work from and show where to shove CVAR’s or server-wide settings.

Note that I like to set up multiple server instances from one installation folder, and launch multiple servers with different command lines. In this example I am launching ‘server 1’. Other server instances just have a slightly modified start-up command (port etc.) and a different ultra-minimalistic config file for the hostname / password.

Start-up command / script (linux):

   http://www.fussake.com/tc/csgo/configs/start-csgo_1.txt

Server instance ultra-basic config file:

   http://www.fussake.com/tc/csgo/configs/csgo_1.txt

Communal network/system operations config file (for all servers):

   http://www.fussake.com/tc/csgo/configs/csgo_server.txt

Custom “Gamemodes_server.txt” equivalent with all main config tweaks in for all modes:

   http://www.fussake.com/tc/csgo/configs/gamemodes_thefirm.txt

Again : gamemodes.txt should remain UNTOUCHED. It is not required to be modified if you setup your config’s correctly.

Regards,

Nick