Quantcast

Questions

Thiago Abreu
After launch cs:go will be released in steam updatetool?
Can anyone provide ready examples of gamemodes_servers.txt?

ics

Re: Questions

ics
No, steamupdatetool is deprecated and new games (and later on older games) won't be using it. In the future. everything goes to SteamCMD instead.

-ics

20.8.2012 22:52, Thiago Abreu kirjoitti:
After launch cs:go will be released in steam updatetool?
Can anyone provide ready examples of gamemodes_servers.txt?

Re: Questions

1nsane
Yes,  autoupdate is not supported according to valve:

"On map change it shuts down but srcds_run doesn't support the new steamcmd yet so it doesn't update and restart it."

2012/8/20 ics <[hidden email]>
No, steamupdatetool is deprecated and new games (and later on older games) won't be using it. In the future. everything goes to SteamCMD instead.

-ics

20.8.2012 22:52, Thiago Abreu kirjoitti:
After launch cs:go will be released in steam updatetool?
Can anyone provide ready examples of gamemodes_servers.txt?

Re: Questions

Nicholas Hastings
Making srcds_run support steamcmd is trivial.

The problem is that it would still be of little use to people running more than one CS:GO game server on the same box due to only one steamcmd instance being able to be open at a time.

The bigger issue is that you can only have one instance of steamcmd running at a time

2012/8/20 ics <[hidden email]>
No, steamupdatetool is deprecated and new games (and later on older games) won't be using it. In the future. everything goes to SteamCMD instead.

-ics

20.8.2012 22:52, Thiago Abreu kirjoitti:
After launch cs:go will be released in steam updatetool?
Can anyone provide ready examples of gamemodes_servers.txt?

Nicholas Hastings
AlliedMods.net