Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

123

Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

GREFFIER Jonathan
Hello,

I raise the issue, I still have the problem of session, quoted client displays message: "Unable to join the session, please try again.".

To overcome the problem the only solution is to reboot the server. But it happens several times a day especially in the evening!
Only for today, I reboot at least 10 times the servers! for the players to connect again.

This problem is very
annoying, will have to think about correcting this problem seriously, I emphasize the word "Seriously."

I know a lot of managers servers CS: GO have the same problem for several months now.

Valve and / or developers as CS: GO have information to share with us on this issue? do you have any solutions to this problem? Can we help you?

I hope this issue is taken seriously, because we are many waiting for a fix, I ask all managers servers CS: GO to add your say, to confirm that you also have the same problem to advance the case.

Thank you for your understanding.

PS: Sorry for my English.

GREFFIER Jonathan
ELITE UNIT Community (French Server)

Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection Antivirus avast! est active.

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

Saint K.

I must say this situation is pretty absurd.

Can’t you lot build in a keepalive and restore function for the connection to the steamservers?

Saint K.

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

Calder Lewis
I figured this out ages ago and the fact that you haven't shows you probably shouldn't run a server. It had to do with the connection and build number of the server to the steam database on both the public and back end sides.

When a everything matches for clients server and database everything is A okay. When they don't you get the failure to join issues. This also sits client side and their ability to access the steam servers. If their access to the steam servers is ever disrupted the error will occur.

You need to have clients backtrack to the valve cdn to check connection quality. When they get rerouted it resets everything. Unfortunately this is a bigger issue in eu with multiple nations for the steam servers.

TLDR. Make sure you maintain a solid routing on all three sides and it will work.

This has been my solution to the problem. I don't know if it will work for everyone but it had worked for me in NA.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2014, at 4:38 PM, Michael Loveless <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ejziponken
Wait how does kicking the players from the server solve any routing problems that you talk about?
Kicking the players solves "session is full".

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

Ejziponken
I dont use Hibernation on my servers.

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

whosurdaddy
Hibernation doesn't solve any of this. Once the server is empty then players are able to join. They really need to fix this, at least before you can tell if there are session errors when steam friends is down but now its just random session errors.

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

Saint K.
I have literally no idea what you just meant to say here.

How do you suggest we "keep a solid routing"?

Saint K.

Calder Lewis , 9/14/2014 11:59 PM:
[...]

This message relates to steam client updates.

Last night we had a lot of issues again with the unable to join session thing, and it was a Sunday evening, I doubt any client updates got released then.

Saint K.

Marcin Paterek , 9/15/2014 12:02 AM:
[...]

Is there any way to "fake" hibernation mode when the server is filled with clients so that the server will somehow reconnect to the steam network afterwards?

Saint K.

Calder Lewis , 9/15/2014 12:36 AM:
Hibernation mode reconnects to the steam database up one a new client reconnecting. Kinda like how when you pull up console it resets the HUD.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 14, 2014, at 5:14 PM, Ejziponken - <[hidden email]> wrote:

Wait how does kicking the players from the server solve any routing problems that you talk about?
Kicking the players solves "session is full".

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

whosurdaddy
Pretty much every server was empty over night due to steam going out  for a bit. MM servers were timing out and steam friends were going offline and online.

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
Out of curiosity, has there ever been any statement from Valve regarding
this? I didn't know it was nearly that bad. That's just horrible. I've
been looking into ways to create workarounds, but Valve actually closed
down the two possibilities I've come up with by patching them out over
the last few months as far as I could follow the changelogs.

I'm having the wild guess that this is also related to people not being
able to join or open up friends-lobbies until they restart steam
(sometimes even that doesn't work).

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

Andreas Willinger
Or, it would be nice if there is some sort CVar to disable the lobby system
entirely.
This would cause clients to join the "old" way (as know from hl1 onwards).

ics

Re: Problem "Unable to join the session. Please try again"

ics
Cannot be disabled, since matchmaking and overwatch bans are using that
lobby system.

But these errors where "session is no longer available" or "server is
full" while it isn't and the random client drops, has to stop.

-ics

Andreas Willinger kirjoitti:

> Or, it would be nice if there is some sort CVar to disable the lobby system
> entirely.
> This would cause clients to join the "old" way (as know from hl1 onwards).

Wow, I really didn't know but if the following statements are true:

-All(!) servers need to be restarted multiple times a day
-Friends-lobbies are affected
-The issue has apparently been around since forever
-It seems to date back to the first steps of Valve using a lobby system
(These issues have always been there in L4D(2) as well)
-There hasn't been any single statement from Valve regarding this

...then I really hope the csgo hosting community buckles up and decides
to boycott the game for a weekend. I don't know, like every single
community server would just drop every single client on connect and
leave a short message regarding this issue as the disconnect reason. You
could add a link of a steam group where people could be gathered to show
the importance and weight of this and how big the desire is to actually
play csgo, a game those people have paid for to be able to play it
without this breaking disturbances every single day. I guess the time is
now, it can only get worse from now on, show them a game is nothing
without its community!