Quantcast

Poor server performance and CPU utilization as of 8/3 update?

Poor server performance and CPU utilization as of 8/3 update?

Andrew DeChristopher
Hey all,

As of today's update I've seen the CPU utilization on our servers go from the 30-40% it's been on for the past year and a half to a constant 100%. This has been causing terrible SV spikes and has essentially made smooth gameplay impossible. This makes no logical sense to and from what I'm seeing it's a CS:GO issue. Even loading in to a local server on my PC (which is highly capable for the record), I see SV spikes into the low teens.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has been experiencing this before I go speak to my datacenter.

Kind regards,

Andrew DeChristopher | Owner
Kiirus Technologies Inc. kiir.us

Re: Poor server performance and CPU utilization as of 8/3 update?

Neuro Toxin
At this time of day I've only got one full server. Usage appears normal on win 2008 web.

Re: Poor server performance and CPU utilization as of 8/3 update?

Florian Rett

I am experiencing similar issues on my Debian System, SV values going up to 16 with 10 players/bots in game.
Yesterday the server even crashed ~20 seconds after game start if there were more then 6-7 players running around and nothing I tried did fix this. Today however it doesn't crash but playing with such SV spikes isn't very fun.
Reinstalling the gameserver gave the same results.

As I did not make any changes to the server recently I believe this is a csgo sided issue, too.
Would be great to know if someone knows how to fix it, as the only other workaround would be to lower the tickrate...

Best wishes,
Florett

Am 04.08.2016 um 02:45 schrieb Andrew DeChristopher:
Hey all,

As of today's update I've seen the CPU utilization on our servers go from the 30-40% it's been on for the past year and a half to a constant 100%. This has been causing terrible SV spikes and has essentially made smooth gameplay impossible. This makes no logical sense to and from what I'm seeing it's a CS:GO issue. Even loading in to a local server on my PC (which is highly capable for the record), I see SV spikes into the low teens.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has been experiencing this before I go speak to my datacenter.

Kind regards,

Andrew DeChristopher | Owner
Kiirus Technologies Inc. kiir.us

Re: Poor server performance and CPU utilization as of 8/3 update?

Robin Groppe
I cannot see any differences. Did you run a systemüpdate recently?

Do you use a custom kernel?