Penalise and remove servers you can not join via server list (faceit and the like)

Penalise and remove servers you can not join via server list (faceit and the like)

Frederique
Dear Valve,

Please add a penalty system for servers that kick players upon joining.
I believe such a system was in place in Team Fortress 2 at one point.

The server list is currently hell. The skin offering servers are not
just the only problem. The worst part is that these servers randomise
their ports so blacklisting them only causes comfort for a few hours.

Servers like faceit that use external lobby systems do not need to be on
the server list (and instead of disabling server list broadcasting, they
use it to advertise their website via the server list, while kicking
anyone that joins).

Sincerely yours,
Fred

PS: https://i.imgur.com/kdzBwAd.png

Re: Penalise and remove servers you can not join via server list (faceit and the like)

Erik-jan Riemers
They just take their time on solving things, just look at this issue https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/474 from december 2012.

So maybe they will take a look at this issue in 2026 :-)
But you are right, this is bad!

Dear Valve,

Please add a penalty system for servers that kick players upon joining. I believe such a system was in place in Team Fortress 2 at one point.

The server list is currently hell. The skin offering servers are not just the only problem. The worst part is that these servers randomise their ports so blacklisting them only causes comfort for a few hours.

Servers like faceit that use external lobby systems do not need to be on the server list (and instead of disabling server list broadcasting, they use it to advertise their website via the server list, while kicking anyone that joins).

Sincerely yours,
Fred

PS: https://i.imgur.com/kdzBwAd.png

Re: Penalise and remove servers you can not join via server list (faceit and the like)

Erik-jan Riemers
Ha, this is so golden. You mail the mailing list and you instantly get a reply from somebody..  maybe we can hook this person up with a nigerian prince.

Amy Lopez <[hidden email]

Thanks Erik-jan for the reply :)

i got a divorce a year ago after i found my husband cheating on me. He feels bad so he still sends me cash but no way in hell i'm taking him back!!! Maybe we can talk a bit... maybe even meetup? It's been some time since i've slept with someone i need it so bad... Where do you live?

If I send some pic <

Dear Valve,

Please add a penalty system for servers that kick players upon joining. I believe such a system was in place in Team Fortress 2 at one point.

The server list is currently hell. The skin offering servers are not just the only problem. The worst part is that these servers randomise their ports so blacklisting them only causes comfort for a few hours.

Servers like faceit that use external lobby systems do not need to be on the server list (and instead of disabling server list broadcasting, they use it to advertise their website via the server list, while kicking anyone that joins).

Sincerely yours,
Fred

PS: https://i.imgur.com/kdzBwAd.png

Re: Penalise and remove servers you can not join via server list (faceit and the like)

Marco Padovan
Hi,

the issue right now with nomaster is that it disables server queries (I may be wrong but I do not thing there's a way around that)

I'm sure that if there was a way to keep server queries working but disabling the publishing to the list many people would make use of that and that would cleanup the list