Quantcast

Passworded servers joinable directly from console without a password?

Passworded servers joinable directly from console without a password?

William Lowther
Hi all,

We're seeing on our servers that they are connectable directly via console without needing to enter a password.
It requires a PW when connecting v ia the server browser, but not when connecting directly.

Is this a known exploit/bug?

Many thanks,

My Twitter: @willlowther | My Linkedin Profile

Phone: +44 845 868 1337 | Direct: +44 56 000 36984

Multiplay | Gameservers | i-Series

Re: Passworded servers joinable directly from console without a password?

Stephen Bevan
I reported this last week or so ago... Ido from valve acknowledged the issue and said they would look into it.

Re: Passworded servers joinable directly from console without a password?

Nick Emson

From Wed 15th August, by Ido:

That players can connect without the password is a bug we’ll investigate.

To de-list your server from matchmaking set sv_steamgroup_exclusive 1

Worth noting is the alternative suggested, not that I’ve tried it.

But I presume you use it in conjunction with sv_steamgroup "xxx" where xxx is your steam group ID (obtainable from your community group admin page).

This will only allow community members to connect to the server.

-          Nick

Re: Passworded servers joinable directly from console without a password?

Nicholas Hastings
I tossed together a quick SourceMod plugin yesterday as a workaround until it's resolved properly.

http://pastebin.com/ZYPU49Hh

On 8/21/2012 12:07 PM, William Lowther wrote:
Hi all,

We're seeing on our servers that they are connectable directly via console without needing to enter a password.
It requires a PW when connecting v ia the server browser, but not when connecting directly.

Is this a known exploit/bug?

Many thanks,

My Twitter: @willlowther | My Linkedin Profile

Phone: +44 845 868 1337 | Direct: +44 56 000 36984

Multiplay | Gameservers | i-Series

Nicholas Hastings
AlliedMods.net