Quantcast

Pak Errors Can be Used as EXPLOITS - FIX this IMMEDIATELY!!

Pak Errors Can be Used as EXPLOITS - FIX this IMMEDIATELY!!

ra1chu
I've been recently playing some matchmaking and I would randomly get kicked in the beginning of the match with a weird error that says

"Disconnected Pure server: file [GAME]\pak01_000.vpk does not match the server's file"

Verifying takes a really long time for me, and the amount of time until I would technically be "abandoning" the matchmaking was pretty short.

So I deleted the file and reconnected and somehow I can still play in the server (which is weird to me because I thought valve servers are pure protected, YET I'm able to remove a file from CSGO and still continue playing).

The file would NOT be always 000, it could sometimes be 001. It's pretty random.

I then got some pink and black textures instead of the normal textures in the game. It's not that big of a deal and I can just keep playing:

http://i.imgur.com/dNPkvFw.jpg

Then one match happened where it said the file 017 does not match servers. So I deleted the file and went on to matchmake.

THIS is where is gets WEIRD! Certain things in the map were now ERROR signs:

http://i.imgur.com/8cHzgh0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F2DF1zZ.jpg

These ERROR signs would also replace pretty IMPORTANT hiding spots such as sandbags and even trucks!

http://i.imgur.com/ep54rHf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/T6K8100.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/66NqCXT.jpg

Then I did another match and it said the file 009 so I deleted that one and I got BRIGHT pink CT player models:

http://i.imgur.com/HHDXTOn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aiXZgkm.jpg

I feel like this should be fixed IMMEDIATELY as others might know of this exploit and use it to their advantage.

I haven't even begun to scratch the surface as there are probably more pak files that can lead to even MORE EXPLOITS.

Please FIX THIS so that the pak errors can be fixed and you cannot just simply DELETE files and still be able to play.

NOTE: I have verified and even deleted and reinstalled CSGO, and I still get these errors.

Re: Pak Errors Can be Used as EXPLOITS - FIX this IMMEDIATELY!!

Ryan Kistner
I wouldn't bother joining a multiplayer server in CSGO since it uses a
branch of the Source engine that never got critical security fixes. I
believe the majority of exploits since the fork (net overflows, file
upload including whitespace as an extension) still exist in CSGO.