Official release of CS:GO and the gameservers

Official release of CS:GO and the gameservers

Andreas Grimm

Dear Valve/HPE,

just a few questions related to the dedicated servers of CS:GO after release:

 - will players with the official CS:GO client be able to play on our existing servers or is it like a complete new game?

 - will CS:GO keep 740 as "app_update" parameter in steamcmd?

 - If we keep the current servers: Is a steamcmd update enough to get the servers ready or is there something special on the way? (removal of the gamemodes file for example)

A short feedback would be great!

Thanks

 - Andreas

Re: Official release of CS:GO and the gameservers

Ido Magal

There won’t be a major disruption. Your current configurations are correct.

Re: Official release of CS:GO and the gameservers

Collin Howard
To be honest Ido, the current configuration itself is a major disruption, mostly the gamemodes files stuff.

There won’t be a major disruption. Your current configurations are correct.

Re: Official release of CS:GO and the gameservers

Aaron Thompson

I agree it took me a while to figure out where it all goes and adding maps used to be easy but now it's more of a pain. Ah well I'm getting better at it. Still trying to figure out what file is setting cheats on. I have sm turning it off in its config.