Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

olokos

./srcds_run -game csgo -usercon -strictportbind -ip 185.101.94.88 -port 27015 +clientport 27005 +tv_port 27020 +sv_setsteamaccount CENSORED -tickrate 85.3 +servercfgfile csgo-server.cfg -maxplayers_override 48 +game_mode 0 +game_type 0 +host_workshop_collection 706736473 +workshop_start_map 607186931 -authkey CENSORED

This is my startline. I have also corrected my maplist.txt and mapcycle.txt to this http://pastebin.com/UWu7nAVH

But server still doesnt show up as keeping maps up to date with steam workshop... :(

Dnia Środa, 31 Sierpnia 2016 14:06 Absurd Minds <[hidden email]> napisał(a)

Yeah especially if his server won't even show up.

On Aug 31, 2016 7:35 AM, "Don Park" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe he did.

This is his command line execution: ./srcds_run -game csgo -usercon -strictportbind -ip 185.101.94.88 -port 27015 +clientport 27005 +tv_port 27020 +sv_setsteamaccount CENSORED -tickrate 85.3 +servercfgfile csgo-server.cfg -maxplayers_override 48 +mapgroup mg_custom +game_mode 0 +game_type 0 +host_workshop_collection 706736473 -authkey CENSORED

I think he needs the webapi key.

- Don

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 8:07 PM, Absurd Minds <[hidden email]> wrote:

Also, did you define a workshop collection id?

Try following this guide I wrote and see if you notice anything you skipped. http://forums.absurdminds.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1726

On Aug 31, 2016 3:17 AM, "Mishu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Did u create a webapi_authkey.txt in your csgo folder? If not:
http://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey
Instead of the file u can use this in startline:
-authkey thekeyugenerate

Am 31. August 2016 07:58:57 schrieb "olek kos" <[hidden email]>:

Dnia Środa, 31 Sierpnia 2016 06:47 olek kos <[hidden email]> napisał(a)

Dnia Wtorek, 30 Sierpnia 2016 13:06 Absurd Minds <[hidden email]> napisał(a)

Try removing the mapgroup command and see if that works.

On Aug 29, 2016 10:31 PM, "olek kos" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I've been trying to host workshop maps and let the clients download them directly from the workshop just before connecting to my server, yet it doesn't seems to work even though server downloads all subscribed maps in the collection.

I'm currently trying to fix that, but I'm slowly using all hope. As soon as I delete a map from my game files and join a server I just get message saying:

Connected to 185.101.94.88:27015

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Map: workshop/675035012/surf_rookie
Players: 2 (1 bots) / 48 humans
Build: 6494
Server Number: 11

SignalXWriteOpportunity(3)
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
Missing map maps\workshop\675035012\surf_rookie.bsp, disconnecting

Host_Error: Disconnected

To add to this, my server is not listed as keeping up to date with steam workshop.

Here are my Commandline parameters:

./srcds_run -game csgo -usercon -strictportbind -ip 185.101.94.88 -port 27015 +clientport 27005 +tv_port 27020 +sv_setsteamaccount CENSORED -tickrate 85.3 +servercfgfile csgo-server.cfg -maxplayers_override 48 +mapgroup mg_custom +game_mode 0 +game_type 0 +host_workshop_collection 706736473 -authkey CENSORED

 I just tried, but the problem is still here and server is not listed as hosting workshop maps.

I deeply apologise for sending so many messages, but I have not been aware of how this email listing works. I am now.

I think I also may have figured out the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Maps on my server are displayed in the server browser like so

"/469408544/surf_forbidden_ways"

whereas on servers where workshop maps are displayed properly maps are displayed as
"workshop/469408544/surf_forbidden_ways"

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Again, I'm deeply sorry for my struggle with working with this mailing list properly.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

olokos1
You need to buy a fast dl server or have a server with fast enough upload to host your own fastdl + the fact that maps will get updated with workshop is nice, you have to update manually with fastdl. That's not a solution.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

thedudeguy1
Could you give a link to a copy of your server.cfg (on pastebin or something)? The error thrown to clients suggests that a download link has been incorrectly specified. If there was was no fastdl URL provided, the server will give a copy of the map that it is running to the client. If there was a fastdl link improperly specified, I don't know if the client console would throw an error about not finding the map in the fastdl link that it was given by the server.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

olokos1
My point here is NOT TO USE fastdl at all, but use workshop instead. AFAIK fastdl are two entirely different and separate ways of providing maps to clients. I prefer workshop because of less server usage, more recent and updated maps, but here's my csgo-server.cfg anyway (I'm using lgsm as assistance in hosting my server.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

Ali Bey
Gentleman please use pm. Its public mail. Thank you

> On 01 Sep 2016, at 01:21, olokos1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> My point here is NOT TO USE fastdl at all, but use workshop instead. AFAIK
> fastdl are two entirely different and separate ways of providing maps to
> clients. I prefer workshop because of less server usage, more recent and
> updated maps, but  here's my csgo-server.cfg anyway
> <http://pastebin.com/YJzihy8v>   (I'm using lgsm as assistance in hosting my
> server.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

ham5
even tho the server shows it is checking for new versions, servers have not been keeping maps up to date for a long time now.. maps are updated when they are played or when you exec the workshop collection .. you can use this command to manually trigger a check too: ds_get_newest_subscribed_files

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

1. Not everybody on here is a man.
2. This mailing list is for helping people with their servers. If receiving emails about helping others with their servers is annoying, then this isn't the list for you.
3. It is better for the solution to be archived in the list for future people with this problem than to be determined privately so nobody else can benefit. Using private email would competent defeat the purpose of the list.

On Sep 1, 2016 2:09 AM, "Ali Bey" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gentleman please use pm. Its public mail. Thank you

> On 01 Sep 2016, at 01:21, olokos1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> My point here is NOT TO USE fastdl at all, but use workshop instead. AFAIK
> fastdl are two entirely different and separate ways of providing maps to
> clients. I prefer workshop because of less server usage, more recent and
> updated maps, but  here's my csgo-server.cfg anyway
> <http://pastebin.com/YJzihy8v>   (I'm using lgsm as assistance in hosting my
> server.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

olokos1
Do you guys have any suggestions? This thread has gone a bit offtopic :/

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

Absurd Minds

Are you using sourcemod to change maps? (eg mapchooser or randomcycle)

olokos1
Yes. I'm using UMC Map changer for that.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

Absurd Minds

Sometimes the maps on the workshop will actually have a different name than their name in the workshop. Check to make sure all maps are correctly named in your mapcycle. Case matters!

olokos1
I just went through all of the maps and yes, there were a few mistakes, but correcting them didn't help in the end. :(

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Odp: Re: Hosting workshop maps on dedicated servers

olokos1
Certainly.

I setup the server and was running it for some time. I've been tweaking it to my needs, then I struggled with downloading maps from the server and I figured out Workshop map hosting would be the best option. It provides updated maps, fast download from valve servers and an icon in server browser. It seemed to work perfectly, but there was no icon, but I wasn't bothered since it worked just fine. Then I tried to add sv_full_alltalk 1 command to my cvars so I added it to csgo-server.cfg, gametype_casual_server.cfg and some other files that are executed on server start, I can tell which ones exactly it was, but I was just putting in sv_full_alltalk 1 line in them so it shouldn't have changed anyting, yet there was a problem with maps failing to download at times. It's either because of my changes or because one of the maps got removed from the workshop, thus my collection was broken, so I removed that map, but some people are sometimes having issues downloading the map, before and after recent changes, workshop icon wasnt on the server list anyway so it's a sign that something is not right, I don't really know what is it though.