Kernel optimizations for srcds

spyrek10
Hello,
are there any tricks to optimize the linux OS to increase the srcds performance?
Srcds performance decreases every csgo update.
Xeon E3-1230 v6 cannot handle 12 slot 128 tick server without sv/var spikes.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Kernel optimizations for srcds

Don Park-2
From my experience, just running the default modern linux kernel should be fine now and give you decent and reliable performance.

If you're looking at sv/var spikes then I might suggest investigating the network as well.  Network instability or congestion can result in packet loss which frequently causes those issues.  The hardware for that server should be able to handle it (assuming it's a dedicated server and you have guaranteed a single CPU core for that SRCDS instance).

There are small tweaks you can do optimize the kernel to get a bit more juice but from my experience wasn't really worth it as we never experienced a noticeable performance boost.  (https://forums.nfoservers.com/viewtopic.php?t=11010#p58489 <- NFOServers in 2014 also suggested this as well).

If there are other people who thinks otherwise, please feel free to jump in.

Cheers.