Quantcast

Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

Usman Khan
Recently we have been observing a surge in cheating on community servers. There is a rumor going on that VAC is not checking players who play on community servers, maybe that is why we are observing the increase.
Is that true?

Re: Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

Team LANII
I can confirm your observation, there is an increase in cheaters on our servers too. Those are often blatant cheats like spinbots. There needs to be something done about that. If it is true that VAC is not working on communityservers then this is a major issue.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Usman Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Recently we have been observing a surge in cheating on community servers. There is a rumor going on that VAC is not checking players who play on community servers, maybe that is why we are observing the increase.
Is that true?

Re: Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

BReeZ
Steam summer sale

Re: Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

Team LANII
that is certainly a factor, but I observed that increase even before the sale.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 5:43 PM, BReeZboii . <[hidden email]> wrote:
Steam summer sale

Re: Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

mailing

They’re probably delaying the bans during the summer sale to avoid cheaters from buying multiple accounts where they can cheat later on.

They’re just waiting till the summer sale is over and then strike them all together.

It would make sense.

that is certainly a factor, but I observed that increase even before the sale.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 5:43 PM, BReeZboii . <[hidden email]> wrote:

Steam summer sale

Re: Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

Sazid Hossain
True for me.
35 VAC banned steam id in the last 5 months out of 1800 players.

Re: Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

nikitavondel
A lot more kids connecting to community servers and going full out spinbotting indeed.

ics

Re: Increase of Cheaters in Community Servers

ics
You haven't even seen the crazy days. There used to be a 1-2 cheaters
daily on my cs source server years ago. This gone on for about 1,5
years. Most of them got vacced in the coming weeks but some are not
banned even today. What you see is very little so far.

-ics