Getting a server identity for a CS:GO server, when I don't own the game

Getting a server identity for a CS:GO server, when I don't own the game

Peter Reinhold
As subject, is this at all possible?

I've never been much of a CS player, and I'd rather not have to
purchase the game, just so I can run the server properly, is there a way
to create an identity without having to log in to the server?

/Peter

Re: Getting a server identity for a CS:GO server, when I don't own the game

Gordon Reynolds
Any steam account can install/update a server now that it is not in beta. You will need a steam account but it doesn't need to have CS:GO on it's account.

On 23.08.2012 00:30, Gordon wrote:

> Any steam account can install/update a server now that it is not in
> beta. You will need a steam account but it doesnt need to have CS:GO
> on its account.

What I mean't wasn't for installing the server, but to create a server
identify for it, like you do with cl_gameserver_create_identity in TF2.

Or maybe this isn't used in CS:GO yet? (Although I can see that it
assigns the server an anonymous ID upon starting)

/Peter

Re: Getting a server identity for a CS:GO server, when I don't own the game

Asher Baker
> What I mean't wasn't for installing the server, but to create a server
> identify for it, like you do with cl_gameserver_create_identity in TF2.
> Or maybe this isn't used in CS:GO yet?
It isn't.

> (Although I can see that it assigns the server an anonymous ID upon starting)
That's completely different and all recent Source games print that.

On 23.08.2012 11:16, Asher Baker wrote:

>> What I mean't wasn't for installing the server, but to create a
>> server
>> identify for it, like you do with cl_gameserver_create_identity in
>> TF2.
>> Or maybe this isn't used in CS:GO yet?
> It isn't.

Great, then I won't worry about that :)

>> (Although I can see that it assigns the server an anonymous ID upon
>> starting)
> That's completely different and all recent Source games print that.

Don't think so, no, when you have registered your TF2 server, it prints
that its been connected to the server identity, insted of using an
anonymous login.

/Peter