GUI: Community servers confirmation box - Do not display again, please

GUI: Community servers confirmation box - Do not display again, please

Andreas Grimm

Dear valve,

is there any way to add "do not display again" checkbox into the confirmation box which notes, that community server may be modified?

I think that people who click that a lot don't want to see that box every time ... me included.

regards

 - Andreas

Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

ssh@aol.at
I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt  ;)
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

ATF_RoG`    \^/

Nice!

On Aug 19, 2012 2:39 PM, "Ssh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt  ;)
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

haeufi
Looks good, but at the moment I don´t need it any more^^

Am 19.08.2012 21:39, schrieb Ssh:
I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt  ;)
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

Mitch M
Looks nice :)

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:39:36 -0400
Subject: [Csgo_servers] Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt  ;)
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt  ;)
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

FX BTR
! Great, thank you.

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

Mark Clifford-Jones
I'm sure that will be much appreciated by the community :)

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:39:36 -0400

I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt  ;)
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

Russell Smith
This will indeed be appreciated.  Though it reflects badly on the
server configuration architecture that this is even required.

From: [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:39:36 -0400

I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt ;)

http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

DontWannaName!
I cant get my map groups working and its driving me nuts.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Gordon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the work on the tool but this seems a little overkill for
> creating text files. I hate to sound like some old stick-in-the-mud but once
> you find a good gamemodes_server.txt you can just edit it to your liking.
> The GUI by design sounds like it would be hard to be flexibile - I see there
> is just a box for "convar" and "value", and that's really just one step away
> from adding it in yourself.
>
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Russell Smith <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> This will indeed be appreciated.  Though it reflects badly on the server
>> configuration architecture that this is even required.
>>

>> On 20.08.2012 10:52, Mark Clifford-Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sure that will be much appreciated by the community :)
>>>
>>> -------------------------
>>>
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:39:36 -0400
>>> Subject: [Csgo_servers] Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt
>>>
>>> I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt ;)
>>>
>>> http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

ssh@aol.at
Well it's a bit of work of course, but I was bored and yeah, I'm nearly finished.

BTW it looks like that :D
http://bilderupload.de/bild.php/94228,unbenanntUKJ47.jpg

I cant get my map groups working and its driving me nuts.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Gordon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the work on the tool but this seems a little overkill for
> creating text files. I hate to sound like some old stick-in-the-mud but once
> you find a good gamemodes_server.txt you can just edit it to your liking.
> The GUI by design sounds like it would be hard to be flexibile - I see there
> is just a box for "convar" and "value", and that's really just one step away
> from adding it in yourself.
>
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Russell Smith <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> This will indeed be appreciated.  Though it reflects badly on the server
>> configuration architecture that this is even required.
>>

>> On 20.08.2012 10:52, Mark Clifford-Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sure that will be much appreciated by the community :)
>>>
>>> -------------------------
>>>
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:39:36 -0400
>>> Subject: [Csgo_servers] Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt
>>>
>>> I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt ;)
>>>
>>> http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

Travis Brown

Definitely interested in testing this if needed. I will also mirror the download for you. Awesome work!

On Aug 21, 2012 5:42 PM, "Ssh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well it's a bit of work of course, but I was bored and yeah, I'm nearly finished.

I cant get my map groups working and its driving me nuts.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Gordon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the work on the tool but this seems a little overkill for
> creating text files. I hate to sound like some old stick-in-the-mud but once
> you find a good gamemodes_server.txt you can just edit it to your liking.
> The GUI by design sounds like it would be hard to be flexibile - I see there
> is just a box for "convar" and "value", and that's really just one step away
> from adding it in yourself.
>
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Russell Smith <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> This will indeed be appreciated.  Though it reflects badly on the server
>> configuration architecture that this is even required.
>>

>> On 20.08.2012 10:52, Mark Clifford-Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sure that will be much appreciated by the community :)
>>>
>>> -------------------------
>>>
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:39:36 -0400
>>> Subject: [Csgo_servers] Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt
>>>
>>> I'm working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt ;)
>>>
>>> http://s1.directupload.net/images/120819/vwzevzbu.png

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

Andre Müller
Nice work.
I hate to edit textfiles, which aren't made for humans. Every other
format is better for editing (json, xml or simple cfg-files)

2012/8/22 Travis Brown <[hidden email]>:

> Definitely interested in testing this if needed. I will also mirror the
> download for you. Awesome work!
>
> On Aug 21, 2012 5:42 PM, "Ssh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Well it's a bit of work of course, but I was bored and yeah, I'm nearly
>> finished.
>>
>> BTW it looks like that :D
>> http://bilderupload.de/bild.php/94228,unbenanntUKJ47.jpg

Eric Kemp
I will also mirror your program!

-Eric Kemp

Re: Working on a tool for the gamemodes_server.txt

Saul Rennison
Text files... not made for humans? I can't tell if you're being serious or not. It doesn't get much simpler than a text file.

Kind regards,
Saul Rennison

On 22 August 2012 00:12, Andre Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice work.
I hate to edit textfiles, which aren't made for humans. Every other
format is better for editing (json, xml or simple cfg-files)

2012/8/22 Travis Brown <[hidden email]>:
> Definitely interested in testing this if needed. I will also mirror the
> download for you. Awesome work!
>
> On Aug 21, 2012 5:42 PM, "Ssh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Well it's a bit of work of course, but I was bored and yeah, I'm nearly
>> finished.
>>
>> BTW it looks like that :D
>> http://bilderupload.de/bild.php/94228,unbenanntUKJ47.jpg

You haven't read what i've wirtten.
Look for xml, json or other formats, which are using for config files.
Every language supports it.

Then look at the nice KeyValue Format from Valve. NOONE want's to have
this format.
Look for Plugins which are using this format and watch for questions
in thier boards.
I know that there are many errors which are caused by this shit KV-format.