GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

12

GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

evolv
This post was updated on .
As I do not know how else to contact valve/steam, I am resorted to method for a response to why my gameservers are continually having our game server login tokens revoked without giving out custom skins for guns or knives. (Or even any gun, knives, or models for that matter)

My CS:GO gameservers a routinely receiving an unannounced GSLT blacklisting from steam servers. We were very much aware of your message to gameserver operators on the CS:GO mailing list, regarding the issue of knife skins on the marketplace being given out through gameserver plugins.

After that announcement we ceased to run any plugin that does this. We have removed all plugins that give out even stock weapons, knives, or models. Our server has literally become bare and not very usable with everything we have disabled, yet we are still somehow having our tokens revoked.

How do all zombie mod, deathmatch, and gungame servers continue to exist when they give out default weapons? Why are KSFClan servers being targeted and banned with no explanation or warning?

As our gameservers keep getting our gameserver login tokens revoked for no reason (server ip 192.223.24.139:27015), I ask for at least some type of response as to why this keeps happening.

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de
The IP you wrote is fine in my opinion?

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=192.223.24.139:27015

evolv
It has been banned multiple times. How am I suppose to prove to the valve employees doing this, that we are not running any plugins with any knives, models, or weapons. This is almost turning into a form of harassment as we are not violating ANY of the rules put forth by Vitaliy and the CSGO Team.

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

Unbelievable
This post was updated on .
Valve does not care they do what they want when they want, if you servers are more popular than theirs they ban them, if you make money from your servers they might ban them. I had the exact issue my tokens got banned twice on the same ip address (when having no custom models at all!)

It seems that even if you make new tokens on that ip address because you had a previous ban that ip their automated system will keep banning them. It's not valve personally that are banning you it's their poorly made banning system which is a failure!

Valve has banned alot of popular communities multiple times even when they did not affect the csgo stats.
In the end of the day valve keep banning as much people as they can (even if you didn't do anything) just so you can buy the game again and make them money.

I had to move ip address and make new tokens I do not serve any custom content which affect stats.

My advice don't bother with csgo they have killed off most of it.

Another hint of advice if you have model plugins which have been disapproved in your "disabled" folder remove it right away! they can detect it

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

Zaretti Steve
 I had !knife few weeks ago. I removed it: No more ban.
Please check plugins and update. You can be banned with old version of
the trade knife.

 It's not only about knife. It's about "valve items". Which also means
music kits.

> Valve does not care they do what they want when they want, if you servers are
> more popular than theirs they ban them, if you make money from your servers
> they might ban them. I had the exact issue my tokens got banned twice on the
> same ip address (when having no custom models at all!)
>
> It seems that even if you make new tokens on that ip address because you had
> a previous ban that ip their automated system will keep banning them. It's
> not valve personally that are banning you it's their poorly made banning
> system which is a failure!
>
> Valve has banned alot of popular communities multiple times even when they
> did not affect the csgo stats.
> In the end of the day valve keep banning as much people as they can (even if
> you didn't do anything) just so you can buy the game again and make them
> money.
>
> I had to move ip address and make new tokens I do not serve any custom
> content which affect stats.
>
> Here is server list of my community
> http://blazeclan.net/misc.php?page=servers

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

Ben Roy
Double check your server tags and remove stuff like "custom", "weapons",
"knives", "knife", "skins"
Anything bad like this can trigger a GSLT ban.

On 3/2/2016 5:01 PM, Zaretti Steve wrote:

>   I had !knife few weeks ago. I removed it: No more ban.
> Please check plugins and update. You can be banned with old version of
> the trade knife.
>
>   It's not only about knife. It's about "valve items". Which also means
> music kits.

>> Valve does not care they do what they want when they want, if you servers are
>> more popular than theirs they ban them, if you make money from your servers
>> they might ban them. I had the exact issue my tokens got banned twice on the
>> same ip address (when having no custom models at all!)
>>
>> It seems that even if you make new tokens on that ip address because you had
>> a previous ban that ip their automated system will keep banning them. It's
>> not valve personally that are banning you it's their poorly made banning
>> system which is a failure!
>>
>> Valve has banned alot of popular communities multiple times even when they
>> did not affect the csgo stats.
>> In the end of the day valve keep banning as much people as they can (even if
>> you didn't do anything) just so you can buy the game again and make them
>> money.
>>
>> I had to move ip address and make new tokens I do not serve any custom
>> content which affect stats.
>>
>> Here is server list of my community
>> http://blazeclan.net/misc.php?page=servers

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

whocodes
I can confirm I have multiple idle servers with skins and custom in the tags with no bans.

> On Mar 2, 2016, at 5:07 PM, Ben Roy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Double check your server tags and remove stuff like "custom", "weapons", "knives", "knife", "skins"
> Anything bad like this can trigger a GSLT ban.
>
>> On 3/2/2016 5:01 PM, Zaretti Steve wrote:
>>  I had !knife few weeks ago. I removed it: No more ban.
>> Please check plugins and update. You can be banned with old version of
>> the trade knife.
>>
>>  It's not only about knife. It's about "valve items". Which also means
>> music kits.

>>> Valve does not care they do what they want when they want, if you servers are
>>> more popular than theirs they ban them, if you make money from your servers
>>> they might ban them. I had the exact issue my tokens got banned twice on the
>>> same ip address (when having no custom models at all!)
>>>
>>> It seems that even if you make new tokens on that ip address because you had
>>> a previous ban that ip their automated system will keep banning them. It's
>>> not valve personally that are banning you it's their poorly made banning
>>> system which is a failure!
>>>
>>> Valve has banned alot of popular communities multiple times even when they
>>> did not affect the csgo stats.
>>> In the end of the day valve keep banning as much people as they can (even if
>>> you didn't do anything) just so you can buy the game again and make them
>>> money.
>>>
>>> I had to move ip address and make new tokens I do not serve any custom
>>> content which affect stats.
>>>
>>> Here is server list of my community
>>> http://blazeclan.net/misc.php?page=servers

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

Unbelievable
This post was updated on .
Well if you had !knife and get banned for its kinda ur fault but I'm talking about communities who dont have any of that shit and still get banned, because they ban you so you have to rebuy game so u make them more money simple.

but... If you had a previous ban of your server ip address and got new account with tokens and removed the knife skins in shit you might still get a ban for already recieving 1 before.

I moved my servers to new ip address and checked about 15 times through all my server files making sure i do not have a single trace of custom weapon skins or knifes. I suggest people having this problem do the same this will probably solve ur problem. I recommend you do this if you made new tokens for ur server which already got banned before and be quick!.

You might still have the .sp files of illegal plugins in your sourcemod folder remove it because it could also trigger a ban and I'm talking from expiernece by that I mean custom knives not csgo ones.

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

Zaretti Steve
GSLT bans works like VAC ban. It's memory edition related. That's mean
anything that alter one of theese:

    Table: m_AttributeManager (offset 1724) (type DT_AttributeContainer)
      Member: m_hOuter (offset 28) (type integer) (bits 21) (Unsigned|NoScale)
      Member: m_ProviderType (offset 36) (type integer) (bits 4) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_iReapplyProvisionParity (offset 24) (type integer)
(bits 6) (Unsigned)
      Table: m_Item (offset 60) (type DT_ScriptCreatedItem)
       Member: m_iItemDefinitionIndex (offset 84) (type integer) (bits
20) (Unsigned)
       Member: m_iEntityLevel (offset 92) (type integer) (bits 8) ()
       Member: m_iItemIDHigh (offset 104) (type integer) (bits 32) (Unsigned)
       Member: m_iItemIDLow (offset 108) (type integer) (bits 32) (Unsigned)
       Member: m_iAccountID (offset 112) (type integer) (bits 32) (Unsigned)
       Member: m_iEntityQuality (offset 88) (type integer) (bits 5) ()
       Member: m_bInitialized (offset 124) (type integer) (bits 1) (Unsigned)
       Member: m_szCustomName (offset 184) (type string) (bits 0) ()
       Table: m_NetworkedDynamicAttributesForDemos (offset 156) (type
DT_AttributeList)
        Table: m_Attributes (offset 0) (type _ST_m_Attributes_32)
         Table: lengthproxy (offset 0) (type _LPT_m_Attributes_32)
          Member: lengthprop32 (offset 0) (type integer) (bits 6) (Unsigned)
         Table: 000 (offset 0) (type DT_ScriptCreatedAttribute)
          Member: m_iAttributeDefinitionIndex (offset 4) (type
integer) (bits 16) (Unsigned)
          Member: m_iRawValue32 (offset 8) (type integer) (bits 32) (Unsigned)
          Member: m_iRawInitialValue32 (offset 12) (type integer)
(bits 32) (Unsigned)
          Member: m_nRefundableCurrency (offset 16) (type integer)
(bits 32) (Unsigned)
          Member: m_bSetBonus (offset 20) (type integer) (bits 1) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_OriginalOwnerXuidLow (offset 2292) (type integer) (bits 32) ()
      Member: m_OriginalOwnerXuidHigh (offset 2296) (type integer) (bits 32) ()
      Member: m_nFallbackPaintKit (offset 2300) (type integer) (bits
16) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_nFallbackSeed (offset 2304) (type integer) (bits 10) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_flFallbackWear (offset 2308) (type float) (bits 0) (NoScale)
      Member: m_nFallbackStatTrak (offset 2312) (type integer) (bits 20) ()

 Will result in a ban. Please mind some plugin are editing this:
m_iItemDefinitionIndex but should have not. You must update them.

> Well if you had !knife and get banned for its kinda ur fault but I'm talking
> about communities who dont have any of that shit and still get banned,
> because they ban you so you have to rebuy game so u make them more money
> simple

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

Neuro Toxin
m_iItemDefinitionIndex picks up plugins forcing knives which is fair.

What if i want to force a m4a1s insteal of an m4a4 via a plugin for a specific gamemode. I have to force the item definition.

An example is a 1v1 server. I should be able to allow a player to choose any of the replacement weapons and should be allowed to force their item definitions to acheive this.

Valve stated its fine for plugins to give default weapons (besides knives). So then item definition changes shouldnt trigger detections unless its changed to a melee weapon type.

GSLT bans works like VAC ban. It's memory edition related. That's mean
anything that alter one of theese:

    Table: m_AttributeManager (offset 1724) (type DT_AttributeContainer)
      Member: m_hOuter (offset 28) (type integer) (bits 21) (Unsigned|NoScale)
      Member: m_ProviderType (offset 36) (type integer) (bits 4) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_iReapplyProvisionParity (offset 24) (type integer)
(bits 6) (Unsigned)
      Table: m_Item (offset 60) (type DT_ScriptCreatedItem)
      Member: m_iItemDefinitionIndex (offset 84) (type integer) (bits
20) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_iEntityLevel (offset 92) (type integer) (bits 8) ()
      Member: m_iItemIDHigh (offset 104) (type integer) (bits 32) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_iItemIDLow (offset 108) (type integer) (bits 32) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_iAccountID (offset 112) (type integer) (bits 32) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_iEntityQuality (offset 88) (type integer) (bits 5) ()
      Member: m_bInitialized (offset 124) (type integer) (bits 1) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_szCustomName (offset 184) (type string) (bits 0) ()
      Table: m_NetworkedDynamicAttributesForDemos (offset 156) (type
DT_AttributeList)
        Table: m_Attributes (offset 0) (type _ST_m_Attributes_32)
        Table: lengthproxy (offset 0) (type _LPT_m_Attributes_32)
          Member: lengthprop32 (offset 0) (type integer) (bits 6) (Unsigned)
        Table: 000 (offset 0) (type DT_ScriptCreatedAttribute)
          Member: m_iAttributeDefinitionIndex (offset 4) (type
integer) (bits 16) (Unsigned)
          Member: m_iRawValue32 (offset 8) (type integer) (bits 32) (Unsigned)
          Member: m_iRawInitialValue32 (offset 12) (type integer)
(bits 32) (Unsigned)
          Member: m_nRefundableCurrency (offset 16) (type integer)
(bits 32) (Unsigned)
          Member: m_bSetBonus (offset 20) (type integer) (bits 1) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_OriginalOwnerXuidLow (offset 2292) (type integer) (bits 32) ()
      Member: m_OriginalOwnerXuidHigh (offset 2296) (type integer) (bits 32) ()
      Member: m_nFallbackPaintKit (offset 2300) (type integer) (bits
16) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_nFallbackSeed (offset 2304) (type integer) (bits 10) (Unsigned)
      Member: m_flFallbackWear (offset 2308) (type float) (bits 0) (NoScale)
      Member: m_nFallbackStatTrak (offset 2312) (type integer) (bits 20) ()

Will result in a ban. Please mind some plugin are editing this:
m_iItemDefinitionIndex but should have not. You must update them.

> Well if you had !knife and get banned for its kinda ur fault but I'm talking
> about communities who dont have any of that shit and still get banned,
> because they ban you so you have to rebuy game so u make them more money
> simple

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

Zaretti Steve
You have wrong. You can simply GivePlayerItem(cllient,
"weapon_m4a1_silencer"). It will works and you won't get banned.

> m_iItemDefinitionIndex picks up plugins forcing knives which is fair.
>
> What if i want to force a m4a1s insteal of an m4a4 via a plugin for a
> specific gamemode. I have to force the item definition.
>
> An example is a 1v1 server. I should be able to allow a player to choose any
> of the replacement weapons and should be allowed to force their item
> definitions to acheive this.
>
> Valve stated its fine for plugins to give default weapons (besides knives).
> So then item definition changes shouldnt trigger detections unless its
> changed to a melee weapon type.
>
> ________________________________

Servers operators should not be expected to know all that French programming language table unassigned etc Zaretti. The issue is that valve failed to acknowledge genuine issue.
I've closed zombiemod, Surf, hide n seek, csgofurien and other mods as still nothing is clear. Servers r running on bare minimum and traffic decreased by more than 60%
Aa far as operators are concerned, a simple no inventory change by plugin was being done but banned...

On Mar 3, 2016 1:23 PM, "Zaretti Steve" <[hidden email]> wrote:
You have wrong. You can simply GivePlayerItem(cllient,
"weapon_m4a1_silencer"). It will works and you won't get banned.

> m_iItemDefinitionIndex picks up plugins forcing knives which is fair.
>
> What if i want to force a m4a1s insteal of an m4a4 via a plugin for a
> specific gamemode. I have to force the item definition.
>
> An example is a 1v1 server. I should be able to allow a player to choose any
> of the replacement weapons and should be allowed to force their item
> definitions to acheive this.
>
> Valve stated its fine for plugins to give default weapons (besides knives).
> So then item definition changes shouldnt trigger detections unless its
> changed to a melee weapon type.
>
> ________________________________

As I just told you, please update your plugin and stop trash talking.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2398804#post2398804

 I'm done.

> Servers operators should not be expected to know all that French programming
> language table unassigned etc Zaretti. The issue is that valve failed to
> acknowledge genuine issue.
> I've closed zombiemod, Surf, hide n seek, csgofurien and other mods as still
> nothing is clear. Servers r running on bare minimum and traffic decreased by
> more than 60%
> Aa far as operators are concerned, a simple no inventory change by plugin
> was being done but banned...
>
> On Mar 3, 2016 1:23 PM, "Zaretti Steve" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> You have wrong. You can simply GivePlayerItem(cllient,
>> "weapon_m4a1_silencer"). It will works and you won't get banned.

>> > m_iItemDefinitionIndex picks up plugins forcing knives which is fair.
>> >
>> > What if i want to force a m4a1s insteal of an m4a4 via a plugin for a
>> > specific gamemode. I have to force the item definition.
>> >
>> > An example is a 1v1 server. I should be able to allow a player to choose
>> > any
>> > of the replacement weapons and should be allowed to force their item
>> > definitions to acheive this.
>> >
>> > Valve stated its fine for plugins to give default weapons (besides
>> > knives).
>> > So then item definition changes shouldnt trigger detections unless its
>> > changed to a melee weapon type.
>> >
>> > ________________________________

1st of all with updated plugins server got banned, it's not trash talk if u don't like it then don't reply, noone is forcing u. Also read the actual jist of this email thread which was started instead of trash talking downplaying a complainant about some genuine issue. If u were lucky, not everyone was.

On Mar 3, 2016 1:44 PM, "Zaretti Steve" <[hidden email]> wrote:
As I just told you, please update your plugin and stop trash talking.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2398804#post2398804

 I'm done.

> Servers operators should not be expected to know all that French programming
> language table unassigned etc Zaretti. The issue is that valve failed to
> acknowledge genuine issue.
> I've closed zombiemod, Surf, hide n seek, csgofurien and other mods as still
> nothing is clear. Servers r running on bare minimum and traffic decreased by
> more than 60%
> Aa far as operators are concerned, a simple no inventory change by plugin
> was being done but banned...
>
> On Mar 3, 2016 1:23 PM, "Zaretti Steve" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> You have wrong. You can simply GivePlayerItem(cllient,
>> "weapon_m4a1_silencer"). It will works and you won't get banned.

>> > m_iItemDefinitionIndex picks up plugins forcing knives which is fair.
>> >
>> > What if i want to force a m4a1s insteal of an m4a4 via a plugin for a
>> > specific gamemode. I have to force the item definition.
>> >
>> > An example is a 1v1 server. I should be able to allow a player to choose
>> > any
>> > of the replacement weapons and should be allowed to force their item
>> > definitions to acheive this.
>> >
>> > Valve stated its fine for plugins to give default weapons (besides
>> > knives).
>> > So then item definition changes shouldnt trigger detections unless its
>> > changed to a melee weapon type.
>> >
>> > ________________________________

Try givenameditem a m4a4 while you have m4a1s in your inventory.

You will ONLY get an m4a4 if you force the item definition.

ics

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

ics
I have to agree with Steve and say this spam has been going on long
enough. Run this sourcemod version instead of posting every single day
about getting banned to the list. Getting tired of reading (deleting)
all those.

If you have valid concerns about the matter, please do post in the future.

-ics

Zaretti Steve kirjoitti:

> As I just told you, please update your plugin and stop trash talking.
> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2398804#post2398804
>
>   I'm done.

>> Servers operators should not be expected to know all that French programming
>> language table unassigned etc Zaretti. The issue is that valve failed to
>> acknowledge genuine issue.
>> I've closed zombiemod, Surf, hide n seek, csgofurien and other mods as still
>> nothing is clear. Servers r running on bare minimum and traffic decreased by
>> more than 60%
>> Aa far as operators are concerned, a simple no inventory change by plugin
>> was being done but banned...
>>
>> On Mar 3, 2016 1:23 PM, "Zaretti Steve" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> You have wrong. You can simply GivePlayerItem(cllient,
>>> "weapon_m4a1_silencer"). It will works and you won't get banned.

Thank you Roy and thanks Zaretti for your information, this is very useful in helping us narrow down the specific code causing these bans and we have also removed certain tags from our server.

We currently modify certain net props/models using m_hOwnerEntity, m_bDrawViewmodel, and m_nModelIndex. Do you think any of these (specifically m_nModelIndex) can be triggering this ban?

This also seems like a very strange way of determining bans because setting the Model Index to a default HL2 model is not in violation of Vitaliy's guidelines, but I can see how it can be misinterpreted.

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

evolv
It's even worse that I have a two week ban on my account from joining any csgo server, so I don't know how i'm suppose to keep our servers up to date and test the parts of our plugins that Vitaliy doesn't want us to have.

Re: GSLT continually revoked for no reason!

Max Krivanek
I don't understand why Valve didn't work with SourceMod to prevent behavior that would trigger GSLT bans.

They had to come up with it afterwards.