[ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

1234 ... 6

[ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Kevin C
Can we get some further clarification on this please?

Does this replace the permanent ban on GSLT accounts?

Re: [ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Absurd Minds

To be it sounds like your account will receive a griefing ban from matchmaking, or something.

Ian

Re: [ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Ian
My main question, will this be done retroactively to users who have gotten their servers banned, or only to users who get their servers banned from here on out?

Also (@ Ido and Vitaliy), will my email ever get responded to regarding my GSLT ban? I've followed up several times will full information and gotten no response.

On Feb 23, 2016 7:29 PM, "Kevin C" <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
Can we get some further clarification on this please?

Does this replace the permanent ban on GSLT accounts?

Re: [ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
I guess the mailing list would explode if this were the case.
Close your eyes, plug your ears, duck and wait 5 more minutes to be extra certain. ;)

On 24.02.2016 02:53, Ian wrote:
[...]

Starr
Hi, im just get banned for 1week, i have opened a server for 1month ago, (just for 1 day before i read valves rules). It's just stupid ..

Re: [ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Maxence Sartiaux
I had my GSLT banned on the first wave, all of my three accounts was banned in the same time, no cooldown for me actually i don't think it's retroactive, at least i hope it's not :D

Re: [ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

theking298
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Max Krivanek
These GSLT bans are getting really annoying.  The lack of any transparency on Valve's part and perma-banning make this a system I wouldn't touch again.

Its not worth running servers where you don't have any clue what you got banned for.  This isn't like clients where there is an expectation for them to be unmodified.  Community servers are generally modified to give the players something different to experience.  But we don't know what API calls magically get us banned.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 2:06 AM, Tom Devonport <[hidden email]> wrote:

Seems to be new bans only. Friend of mine got banned, perm GSLT ban, 11 days global
Cooldown. Wondering if its really needed since its just going to push people into making new accounts.

On 24 Feb 2016 7:50 a.m., "Maxence Sartiaux" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I had my GSLT banned on the first wave, all of my three accounts was banned in the same time, no cooldown for me actually i don't think it's retroactive, at least i hope it's not :D

Re: [ GSLT ] – User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Charalampos Galanis

What kind of cooldown? In competitive matchmaking only?

Στις 24 Φεβ 2016 13:05, ο χρήστης "BReeZboii ." <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
[...]

imre
Funny how i stopped hosting servers after they told us about GSLT. Seeing how much drama it have created i do not even want to touch CSGO servers anymore. Host server and be worried if you did something wrong or not and be punished with permanent ban it ridiculous to say the least. In my opinion valve should remove all of those API commands/calls all together so people could not access em and stop with all those bans. Also bans should in my opinion last maybe a week at max with a reason what you did wrong so you could remove the plugin or whatever and keep hosting. A warning would be nice too so you know if you are doing something wrong and can correct self before ban goes live. Current state and the amount of information we have/get is just dumb.

Täna, 12:17 Andre Müller <[hidden email]> Kirjutas:

On 24 Feb 2016 7:50 a.m., "Maxence Sartiaux" <[hidden email]<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="MP.Mails.Newmail.newMailTo('contact@makz.me');">contact@... > wrote:
I had my GSLT banned on the first wave, all of my three accounts was banned in the same time, no cooldown for me actually i don't think it's retroactive, at least i hope it's not :D

Re: [ GSLT ] - User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Charalampos Galanis

Not to be sound like a troll but what kind of cooldown we discuss about? Competitive Matchmaking only or a generic VAC ban style? And how many days does dure?

Στις 24 Φεβ 2016 13:28, ο χρήστης "Imre Mamedov" <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [ GSLT ] - User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

Charalampos Galanis

So, it is exactly like VACation to me , VACation because you just host your community servers, job well done volvo

Στις 24 Φεβ 2016 13:49, ο χρήστης "Tom Devonport" <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
My friend got an 11 day game ban (global). Can't play on Valve servers (e.g. MM) or any community servers.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [ GSLT ] - User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.

iNilo
find cooldown

"sv_kick_players_with_cooldown" = "1" game replicated                            - (0: do not kick on insecure servers; 1: kick players with Untrusted status or co

You wouldn't happen to know what the cvar is?
An quick googling session hasn't shown what it is.