GOTV cpu usage up to 100% after 6/20/2017 update

GOTV cpu usage up to 100% after 6/20/2017 update

spyrek10
Hello,
after 6/20 csgo update the empty server with gotv enabled can eat up to 100% cpu.
Memory usage is also increased a lot.
https://scr.hu/oz500P
First column is the user name, all this servers are empty.
https://scr.hu/8eNXGr
Last server was empty with gotv enabled, not hibernating.

Re: GOTV cpu usage up to 100% after 6/20/2017 update

spyrek10
Yes, it may be related. Servers may be running out of memory, each 14 slots srcds can eat up to 4GB RAM, servers usually got 16GB so it's impossible to host 7-8 srcds instances. SWAP is not enough. So it can lead to crash.
Additionally some gameserver providers can limit max memory usage per srcds instance

Re: GOTV cpu usage up to 100% after 6/20/2017 update

Marco Padovan
We are experiencing identical issues.

Gameservers that were perfectly fine before are having issues now due to high memory and high cpu.

nothing changed on the configs on our side, and we are not making use of the second TV

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:52 PM, spyrek10 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, it may be related. Servers may be running out of memory, each 14 slots
srcds can eat up to 4GB RAM, servers usually got 16GB so it's impossible to
host 7-8 srcds instances. SWAP is not enough. So it can lead to crash.
Additionally some gameserver providers can limit max memory usage per srcds
instance

Re: GOTV cpu usage up to 100% after 6/20/2017 update

Vitaliy Genkin

We are still looking at the problem, but it’s highly likely related to the new setting tv_delay1 not being set in your server configuration. Can you try setting tv_delay1 value equal to tv_delay as a workaround for now…

Re: GOTV cpu usage up to 100% after 6/20/2017 update

dedimark
Vitaliy

How about sv_region problem?

Neuro Toxin
Dont post unrelated issues in this thread

Re: GOTV cpu usage up to 100% after 6/20/2017 update

spyrek10
https://scr.hu/dRwqM3
CPU i5-7600K @ 3.8GHz
csgo2 is server with 10 players and tv_enable 1 and tv_enable1 1
csgo1 is server with 10 players and gotv disabled

No sourcemod on both servers.
GOTV config:
tv_advertise_watchable "1"
tv_allow_camera_man "0"
tv_allow_static_shots "1"
tv_autorecord "0"
tv_autoretry "1"
tv_chatgroupsize "0"
tv_chattimelimit "8"
tv_debug "0"
tv_delay "105"
tv_delaymapchange "1"
tv_deltacache "2"
tv_dispatchmode "1"
tv_maxclients "256"
tv_maxrate "128000"
tv_name "gotv"
tv_title "gotv"
tv_nochat "1"
tv_overridemaster "0"
tv_relaypassword ""
tv_relayvoice "0"
tv_snapshotrate "128"
tv_timeout "60"
tv_transmitall "1"

Re: GOTV cpu usage up to 100% after 6/20/2017 update

Marco Padovan
add

tv_delay1 105

to your config and it will take care of high memory usage