Quantcast

Fwd: Re: Please Fix CSGO! Petition for Valve Fix Your Game @csgo_dev on YouTube.

kenterfie
In my opinion the current csgo network system is broken, since years and valve (csgo devs) dont want to fix it soon.

The best showcase how bad the current implementation is, is to play locally againts bots. In this case no hit should be lost by packet drops or latency, but in so many cases bots never die or getting hits. Both can stay without movement and many many shots are not registered or ending in nowhere.

Another big issue is the current match making system. The player can select a max ping, but in most cases the opponents have much higher pings (select 50ms and get most of time 100-200ms). Its not very complicated to fix it, but valve does nothing in this subject. Also players with low pings on match start getting no penalty, if they play 90% of the match with higher pings (max ping + 50%), because of network issues or lagswitch ...

The cs 1.6 network code was not the best, but much better than the current csgo implementation. In most cases was the player with lower ping advantaged, but now the player with the worst ping has the best chance to hit the opponent.

In my opinion this are the most important issues currently

- max ping setting: is currently without function. would fix the most issues, when all players have a relative same latency

- hit registration: is currently broken (my own opinion). when i can't hit bots which are standing still with same accuracy over and over again and ends more and more in a lottery, how should it work properly online against real players, when it doesn't work without latency or other influences.

- updaterate: 64 tickrate is not very well for a game like csgo, perhaps when the network code would be better, but in the history of cs we have seen, that higher updaterate makes a better feeling

Valve please does something, but not another case or skin, before fixing real issues and hit registration is only one of the most important ones.

Am 29.08.2016 um 17:45 schrieb Robin Groppe:

I have another opinion on that. This is Not call of duty 1 where no Interpolation is done and you always have to play "with your latency".
I think with all the fancy Interpolation, if i clearly shot someone in the face I want it to be registered. Look at the End of the vid. He noscoped with awp and literally shot thru the Body of the opponent without Hit registered.
This is Not acceptable.
Wenn are talking about latency in the 20-100ms Range. So why do i die while beeing hidden around a Corner almost a Second later.
Something is wrong here.

Am 29.08.2016 17:39 schrieb "Marcin Paterek" <[hidden email]>:
I watched the video and the guy actually has no idea how do multiplayer games work. He has a point when speaking of cheaters, but the hitreg is way more complicated than "I saw him, so I must have hit him!".

uhhh... no images in mail, so links.

New rank system such nasty.

Img one

Img two

I`m love it

I just left this here, new rank system such beautiful. Me and my friend is mg 2

They are not interested in the game based on skills. If a company receives from it a lot of money and enjoy all of the boxes with the skins this is profit. If the pro-players get ban of "cheating" (I do not speak for those who really banned) and wave of hype rises, and Valve fix (or create a list of "pro players"), and you know why? That's right they are not interested in a departure of players who make the prestige of the game by participating in different tournaments (and money here in second place). There are children and others who watch the games, spend money on them, despite the fact that the company itself puts it all in a "minimum" of money. So the company is absolutely indifferent to their community, they have repeatedly demonstrated (skins on the servers, a bunch of other plugins, tokens) bugs, fix one, get two, profit. Why do server tickrate 128? No, no, no, we'll... here's a new case folks. Why make a official server in Russia? No, no, no, we will bring here new sounds, they are much more important than all. I do not want it to, but you just look at the map of official servers (that's me so a slight digression). Good anti-cheat? No, no, no, we have made to you view the demo. Let you're just going to help us ban cheaters, you do not mind your spare time, so we did thing in which you can spend it. After all, on the fact that the company made from the global to the game better? New hitboxes, a new rank system (loose one game = loose the rank, but if you want rank up you need to win 15 games in a row, and then we will think about this (true story)), and ... oh yeah, servers in Peru, to community is a very necessary servers in Peru.

--
С уважением / Best regards
Крамаренко Денис / Kramarenko Denys

icq 457346989