Exploit that spams/lags clients

1234

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Michael Loveless
​Would you be so kind as to explain all of this in greater detail and with as many more words as possible, please?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mac addresses translate up to IP addresses. That's how they make it out of the "home network" before the router. IP translation. Hexidecimal to decimal plus subnet mask. What most people who haven't studied electronics first, prior to I.T.. Is that your Mac address converts even lower to binary. Which every piece of electronics hardware uses to speak to one another. Including routers, switches, gateways, headends, network interface devices, fiber optics cabling/75ohm coax cabling, frame relays, t1/t3, blade servers, switch master/slave, etc.

It all comes down to a single bit. An electron with either 0-2.5vdc, or 2.5-5vdc. A low state, or a high state. And your IP address directly translates down to the Mac address below the software/transport layer ( below the hardware layer, the writable electronics components layer ) of the OSI model. In this layer everything is binary addressed before machine assembly/reassembly. Ya know the layer where only us electronics engineers, and technicians really know how it all works.

If you've ever seen a network training curriculum you know what an IP address range/translation table was built from. And if you knew electronics you'd know how computers, cellular phones, and lan/wifi all tie in together. If it's connected to a network it has a Mac address. Because Macs have to be used to communicate OVER a network. Through translation in the software layer before packet assembly to the transport layer. And once you translate down to a Mac address you can filter all incoming udp packets from any given device using Mac addressing.

It's not for just the hobbyist who doesn't really know how electronic components speak to one another.

Period. That said. Have a nice day. Very few here have a proper education in networking/NETSec/ITSec. Most of these people are running leased servers, most of the ones with the immature responses. Who don't have a CLUE how it all really works.

When you begin studying ccde/ccie through Cisco come speak with me. Until then, make all the juvenile untrained/uneducated comments you want. I really don't care. I stopped running a go server the second I found out people still play source. Less bugs. Less vulnerabilities. Less bugged netcode. And much easier to modify.

Willing to bet no one here ever used the sdk either. Or you'd know what code was flawed in go.

I will comment from time to time to pass along wisdom. I will ignore the juveniles, and uneducated people that respond in ignorance/lack of education. Ya read a tutorial on how to setup an hlds/go server and you think you know everything. When you have one piece of a ten thousand piece puzzle figured out.

Just this list. So you know the packets it took just for this msg to get to Valve servers and to your isp smtp server? Probably not.

Probably don't know what packet sniffing is, nor who does it, nor how it can be injected/reformed/malformed. So farewell to the script kiddies and juvenile mentality people on this list.

To everyone else, see ya on the next issue you're encountering server side. And Hi Alfred been a minute since I wrote directly. Hope Gabe doesn't fall asleep on hl3/cs3 development. Steam needs an update too. A 64 bit Steam squared client using vulkan based api, and rendering would be nice as well. You could port the older games content to mobile/any device, and launch the newer stuff on whatever platforms you wanted.

Someday I will let Alfred explain how Steam became Steam when it was originally called Reaktor.

-StealthMode

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 09:30 m0gely <[hidden email]> wrote:
MAC addresses are unique to each network hardware component and assigned by the manufacture. They are also non-routable, meaning that information doesn't make it past the home router the device is connected to. A CS server won't see a client's MAC. Also, IP addresses are handed out by each ISP. How could one ever be translated into another? Clients can get different IP's from their router at home at any time and their router will get different IP's from the ISP frequently as well. The MAC doesn't change, the IP likely will. The two are unrelated to each other. This is all basic network knowledge and easily searchable. Maybe you can provide a link to something that is the reason you think this way.

Going back to lurker mode.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 3:57 AM Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
When you uneducated people learn electronics you will understand the difference between a script kiddie. And a professional electronics engineer who branched into I.T.

Everything I have stated is fact.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 05:34 Ryan Bentley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Literally everything you type is completely incorrect. You completely misunderstand the fundamental basics. I nearly choked laughing on my tea when you thought you could translate a MAC address to an IP address. How do you screw up so badly? Get some therapy or something man, you are lying to yourself every day.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok kids. Have fun trying to denounce without having the education, or knowledge of electronics engineering + I.T. to even have a valid base to speak from. I shared what I was here to share. Call it nonsense if you wish. Professionals know it is not.

Good day.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 04:39 Ryan Bentley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stealth, you are either a 10/10 troll or a seriously deluded person. You have less knowledge than a 1st year CS student.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 6:47 AM, Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
Your Mac address is converted at the handoff between the hardware layer, and the transport/packet layer. It then converts to an IP address. Google converters for deci to hexidecimal. There are plenty out there. Run a plt sniffer or rcon or netstat table of connections for the IP connected to your machine.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018, 01:39 Zaretti Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
you are right. You can only see the mac of the nearest switch/router.
Stealth Mode is just spamming some random word.

> I'm pretty sure mac addresses aren't even exposed to the server; this topic
> is getting pretty derailed isn't it?
>
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find this IP/decimal to Mac converter you speak of? Could you
>> give an example? You speak highly of yourself, here is your chance to prove
>> it.
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 4:07 am Stealth Mode, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The fix is to create a bash script that looks for that in the server log
>>> (the repietitive call to null.wav), and automatically ban. If you push the
>>> IP through a ip/decimal conversion tool you can make it a Mac address ban
>>> right in the hardware packet/transport layer.
>>>
>>> End of message.

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

thethorgot

Arguing with him is not a good use of your time.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 10:01 AM Michael Loveless <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

you are right. You can only see the mac of the nearest switch/router.
Stealth Mode is just spamming some random word.

> I'm pretty sure mac addresses aren't even exposed to the server; this topic
> is getting pretty derailed isn't it?
>
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find this IP/decimal to Mac converter you speak of? Could you
>> give an example? You speak highly of yourself, here is your chance to prove
>> it.
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 4:07 am Stealth Mode, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The fix is to create a bash script that looks for that in the server log
>>> (the repietitive call to null.wav), and automatically ban. If you push the
>>> IP through a ip/decimal conversion tool you can make it a Mac address ban
>>> right in the hardware packet/transport layer.

Christian Burns
That's funny.

My internal IP address is 192.168.0.150, submit is 255.255.255.0. However, I can change my IP to 10.0.0.1 with Submit 255.255.255.0. Does that translate to the same MAC address? no... lol

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:14 AM, thethorgot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

you are right. You can only see the mac of the nearest switch/router.
Stealth Mode is just spamming some random word.

> I'm pretty sure mac addresses aren't even exposed to the server; this topic
> is getting pretty derailed isn't it?
>
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find this IP/decimal to Mac converter you speak of? Could you
>> give an example? You speak highly of yourself, here is your chance to prove
>> it.
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 4:07 am Stealth Mode, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The fix is to create a bash script that looks for that in the server log
>>> (the repietitive call to null.wav), and automatically ban. If you push the
>>> IP through a ip/decimal conversion tool you can make it a Mac address ban
>>> right in the hardware packet/transport layer.

Stealth Mode
Before anyone else responds. What is a WONid? Nilo will remember. A few others might too. Mine was 2116995. It converted to Steam_0:0:28918 on launch of the Steam™ platform. I also remember crowbars in counter-strike.

I've hung out in Valve update chats before some of you were even born. If you don't have a wonid. Don't reply to anything I ever message this, or any Valve sponsored list. And if you don't have a masters degree in C.S., I.T., or a B.S.E.E./PhD in Electronics Engineering then please also refrain from replying to anything I post on this list. Also, if you weren't a full E.T. in the U.S. military prior to splitting of the E.T. field into subfields ( wasn't my only job, lol ). Again please refrain from responding, or replying.

You're not credentialed, nor qualified to speak to me, or about me.

To anyone else who ever has a problem that you can't solve on your own that is I.T./server related, feel free to copy my email address down. Or msg on this, or any Valve list.

Off Topic: More for Gusman (Gooseman) than anyone.
I never understood one thing. Why do terrorists get two modified ct usp skins/models as elites? But ct never got twin .40 usp tacticals instead of a 5.7mm garbage pistol? I hate logging in & joining ct. And having to ask terrorists to buy elites just so when I frag them I can have twin .40 usp tacticals. 8)

Also. In case no one realizes. Global ops is just a counter-strike source modification without the randomizer turned up ( recoil simulation ), and a LOT more bugs & vulnerabilities. Very high polygon counts (creates lag), and bugs ( bad clipping/collision of entities, and solids ) in the maps compared to Source as well. See ya around the platform.

Also, seen something funny in a movie recently. Was watching Deadpool, and noticed a very nice Easter egg in it. Dr. Freeman. Didn't notice at first that the actor looked almost exactly like Freeman in HL. Minus the glasses. Conducting experimental banned mutant research. Someone who wrote that script is a fan of HL. LMAO. Check out the label in Deadpools hand from the lab coat when he's antagonizing "Ajax". Dr. Francis Freeman. Very cool Easter egg.

End of Communications.

-StealthMode
The Original

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 12:31 Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

you are right. You can only see the mac of the nearest switch/router.
Stealth Mode is just spamming some random word.

> I'm pretty sure mac addresses aren't even exposed to the server; this topic
> is getting pretty derailed isn't it?
>
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find this IP/decimal to Mac converter you speak of? Could you
>> give an example? You speak highly of yourself, here is your chance to prove
>> it.
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 4:07 am Stealth Mode, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The fix is to create a bash script that looks for that in the server log
>>> (the repietitive call to null.wav), and automatically ban. If you push the
>>> IP through a ip/decimal conversion tool you can make it a Mac address ban
>>> right in the hardware packet/transport layer.

Addendum:
To the nitpickers. Yes it wasn't Dr. Gordon Freeman. Couldn't be without permission from vALVE. But it really is Dr. Freeman.

One day I'll post a history lesson thread of the evolution of Half-Life, and Counter-Strike from when I first knew it to present. Before Havok there was unreal. Before unreal there was quake2. That engine is the why, and when I started following half lifes release. And jumped in counter-strike during beta 5.2 forward to present. I've also installed/maintained/administrated hlds servers since 1998. Including source servers, and present go servers ( when people actually want them ). Wonder where all of those Cs: source players went? Cause Global Ops doesn't have half the gaming population that source, and 1.6 had. Hope vALVE finishes development of hl3/cs3 soon. Or otherwise they will lose more market share of the fps market by licensing their products to amateurs. Cough global ops developers.

Have a good day.

-StealthMode

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 15:07 Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

you are right. You can only see the mac of the nearest switch/router.
Stealth Mode is just spamming some random word.

> I'm pretty sure mac addresses aren't even exposed to the server; this topic
> is getting pretty derailed isn't it?
>
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find this IP/decimal to Mac converter you speak of? Could you
>> give an example? You speak highly of yourself, here is your chance to prove
>> it.
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 4:07 am Stealth Mode, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The fix is to create a bash script that looks for that in the server log
>>> (the repietitive call to null.wav), and automatically ban. If you push the
>>> IP through a ip/decimal conversion tool you can make it a Mac address ban
>>> right in the hardware packet/transport layer.

Saint K.

I have steamid’s STEAM_1:0:2328 and STEAM_1:0:618. On top of that I am Cisco certified. Do I now gain the privileged to speak on this topic?

I feel elevated!

P.s. I know I’m feeding the troll, but the STEAMID’s where given out based on which number of registration was. Back in the days when HL and CS updates would ship, and the internet would collapse, it was near impossible to get the updates in a quick manner. We got quite skilled at finding the files pre-release so our servers could be patched and ready once the updates hit. This way we also found the steam installer about 45 minutes before it’s actual launch. How infuriating the whole updating was pre-steam, thinking back it is still the good old days ^^ // And now back to the weather.

> [...]

you are right. You can only see the mac of the nearest switch/router.
Stealth Mode is just spamming some random word.

> I'm pretty sure mac addresses aren't even exposed to the server; this topic
> is getting pretty derailed isn't it?
>
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find this IP/decimal to Mac converter you speak of? Could you
>> give an example? You speak highly of yourself, here is your chance to prove
>> it.
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 4:07 am Stealth Mode, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The fix is to create a bash script that looks for that in the server log
>>> (the repietitive call to null.wav), and automatically ban. If you push the
>>> IP through a ip/decimal conversion tool you can make it a Mac address ban
>>> right in the hardware packet/transport layer.

- m0gely

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Christian Burns
My Steam ID is STEAM_0:1:49
Do I win a prize? I'd like to be a delusional as SM

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 1:44 PM, Saint K. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

you are right. You can only see the mac of the nearest switch/router.
Stealth Mode is just spamming some random word.

> I'm pretty sure mac addresses aren't even exposed to the server; this topic
> is getting pretty derailed isn't it?
>
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find this IP/decimal to Mac converter you speak of? Could you
>> give an example? You speak highly of yourself, here is your chance to prove
>> it.
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 4:07 am Stealth Mode, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The fix is to create a bash script that looks for that in the server log
>>> (the repietitive call to null.wav), and automatically ban. If you push the
>>> IP through a ip/decimal conversion tool you can make it a Mac address ban
>>> right in the hardware packet/transport layer.

- m0gely

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Absurd Minds

I have an 8 digit steam ID and don't understand anything anybody on either side of the conversation is saying. What do I get?

A bunch of spam. That's what I get.

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Nathaniel Theis
The solution is to convert the SteamID into an IP (octal to decimal conversion) with a Bash script, and then block that ID. It's trivial.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 2:01 PM Absurd Minds <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have an 8 digit steam ID and don't understand anything anybody on either side of the conversation is saying. What do I get?

A bunch of spam. That's what I get.

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

kenterfie
After reading all these messages i came up with an idea. I've reversed the very well explained IP to mac and backward converter to create whole new technology. I name it mail filter. Possible some of you have already reading something about it. It makes it possible to convert unwanted to spam to a clean and readable email experience. Possible with some extra work we could extend the magical converter to an IP  -> mac -> personal identity -> dns profile converter.

PS: Plesse valve do something against trolls like stealthmode

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Ryan Bentley
Stealth,

I'm currently doing an undergraduate in CS. I've pasted your nonsense into one of our forums as a copypasta for sweet forum karma. Thank you for making us all laugh! It's funny that you keep mentioning education. If you sat an online course that covers some basic CS material, you'd be able to see how ridiculous the things you type are. You have a serious delusional problem. I suggest you seek help... I can't imagine how unbearable you must be IRL.

If you ever do become self-aware, you should ask your best friend "Alfred" to delete these messages as it's pretty embarrassing and if you google "Stealthmode1975" it comes up with some other awkward things.

Hope you get help soon.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 7:14 AM, Stefan Reusch <[hidden email]> wrote:
After reading all these messages i came up with an idea. I've reversed the very well explained IP to mac and backward converter to create whole new technology. I name it mail filter. Possible some of you have already reading something about it. It makes it possible to convert unwanted to spam to a clean and readable email experience. Possible with some extra work we could extend the magical converter to an IP  -> mac -> personal identity -> dns profile converter.

PS: Plesse valve do something against trolls like stealthmode

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Stealth Mode
@Christian

Run your pkt through a hex editor. Extract the header and footer with a pkt sniffer. Now decode as if you were physically translating the logic state that generated the header/footer of the pkt.

Now translate. And your Mac address is right there. I already explained why IP banning is pointless. And all Christian did was confirm what I said. IP can be spoofed. Mac cannot.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 14:29 Christian Burns <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

you are right. You can only see the mac of the nearest switch/router.
Stealth Mode is just spamming some random word.

> I'm pretty sure mac addresses aren't even exposed to the server; this topic
> is getting pretty derailed isn't it?
>
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find this IP/decimal to Mac converter you speak of? Could you
>> give an example? You speak highly of yourself, here is your chance to prove
>> it.
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 4:07 am Stealth Mode, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The fix is to create a bash script that looks for that in the server log
>>> (the repietitive call to null.wav), and automatically ban. If you push the
>>> IP through a ip/decimal conversion tool you can make it a Mac address ban
>>> right in the hardware packet/transport layer.

At the copy paste comments.

Sure thing. But it's cool that you try to laugh when you're not educated. We at the w3 consortium always attemtp to educate but also do not laugh not ridicule when we come across idiots in the industry who think they know it all.

-StealthMode

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018, 06:05 Ryan Bentley <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Lastly. To those posting steam_0:1 IDs. There is a few million people between 0:0 and 0:1. You'd have to know how the algorithm works to understand wonid to steamid conversion.

And since none have produced a wonid. None are qualified. Ignored.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018, 08:30 Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Felix
Can someone explain what all this spam is? Any kind of TLDR? I barely kept up with it but it seems like fun understand whats going on.

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Ben Steiger
Felix, Stealthmode doesn't understand basic networking concepts and refuses to be wrong. He derailed someone else's thread about a legitimate exploit to complain about us not believing him before when had a theory for an exploit that was beyond stupid. Hopefully if we ignore him long enough, he will just leave.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 8:42 AM, Felix <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can someone explain what all this spam is? Any kind of TLDR? I barely kept up with it but it seems like fun understand whats going on.

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Frederique
People keep replying to the mailing list's announcer of the end of the
world. This happens every so many months for many years now.

Please just stop replying. He refuses to post proof-of-concepts, always
has, right now, and many years back.

On 25/04/2018 14:42, Felix wrote:
> Can someone explain what all this spam is? Any kind of TLDR? I barely
> kept up with it but it seems like fun understand whats going on.

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Kristin A
Okay this latest BS _is_ actually relevant to CS so I'm responding again. There were two servers that were handing out Steam IDs back then; STEAM_0:1: just represents the alternate. There is no such thing as WON ID to Steam, they were merely incremental.

Signed, STEAM_0:1:12*** who knows that the MAC address on the ethernet frame is only used in the local domain, and has worked in network engineering for over 14 years.

On 25 April 2018 at 08:35, Stealth Mode <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lastly. To those posting steam_0:1 IDs. There is a few million people between 0:0 and 0:1. You'd have to know how the algorithm works to understand wonid to steamid conversion.

And since none have produced a wonid. None are qualified. Ignored.

Re: Exploit that spams/lags clients

Charalampos Galanis
Is there a way to unsubscribe from this mailing list? Sick of your spam plus currently not owning any csgo server ,and even if I still had one , this mailing list is not as helpful as it was 5 years ago.

Thank you.

Στις Τετ, 25 Απρ 2018, 17:00 ο χρήστης Kristin A <[hidden email]> έγραψε: