Quantcast

Disconnected: Failed to ping server. Please try again.

Disconnected: Failed to ping server. Please try again.

Krillins World
Hey Folks,

     I just bought CSGO on Thursday 8/16/2012. Downloaded my client then used my account to download the CS:GO DS data for running a server on Linux (Debian 6.0 x64). After finding out how to do so and get the server up and running. Everything was going good except the GameModes_Server.txt, that was a major PIA as the .example file gave us nothing to go on at all. That in its self took hours to be sure the syntax was exact. After hours of building a GameModes_Server.txt to meet the server requirement everything was perfect except the server nagging about a "training/training" section in the FameModes_Server.txt.

     Now I go over to my client, lot onto steam, get my 'Servers' list to come up. My LAN shows the server is running, try to connect to my server and I am in my game server ready to play, which I start doing. I ask others to join me. My wife, who is on the LAN with me gets the following:

Joining Lobby... Please wait.......... and wait....... and wait....
Disconnected: Failed to ping server. Please try again.

This data is noted in the client console:
Connecting to public(10.0.0.4:27017) ...
1572.135:  Sending UDP connect to public IP 10.0.0.4:27017
Server using 'public' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 186000053b7f862
RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 186000053b7f862 from address 10.0.0.4:27017
Unknown command "joingame"
GameTypes: could not find matching game type "".
CSysSessionClient: Server ping failed

     I was told that disabling bots fixed this issue, this was not the case at all. The problem still prevails. Today after the update I tried the same thing with same results. I open up the console to the client and type the following:

pingserver 10.0.0.4:27017 from the outside 99.37.0.53:27017

pinging 10.0.0.4:27017
Responder   : 10.0.0.4:27017
Protocol    : 17
Hostname    : K|W Simply The Best :: CS:GO ::
Map         : de_dust2
Game        : csgo
Description : Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
AppID       : 730
Players      : 1
MaxPlayers   : 10
Bots         : 0
Server Type  : dedicated
OS    Type   : Linux
Password     : no
Secure       : yes
Version      : 1.17.3.0
Game Port    : 27017
Public Tags   : l���@Krillin's World,K|W,

This is my sever launch command line:
./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +ip 10.0.0.4 +hostport 27017 +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_bomb +map de_aztec

Server as of this moment is running the stock gamemodes.txt as the custom GameModes_Server.txt is renamed for the time being until this gets resolved.

Any ideas on how to allow players to join the server AFTER a player has joined?

Sincerely,
Krillin AKA Doc

Re: Disconnected: Failed to ping server. Please try again.

Bryan Bilocura
GameTypes: could not find matching game type "".

^^This line looks suspect. Have you double-checked your gamemodes_server.txt syntax to make sure you don't have one too many curly braces? I've resorted to editing gamemodes_server.txt in a code editor just for that reason.

--
Bryan

> [...]

Server Type  : dedicated
OS    Type   : Linux
Password     : no
Secure       : yes
Version      : 1.17.3.0
Game Port    : 27017
Public Tags   : l   @Krillin's World,K|W,

This is my sever launch command line:
./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +ip 10.0.0.4 +hostport 27017 +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_bomb +map de_aztec

Server as of this moment is running the stock gamemodes.txt as the custom GameModes_Server.txt is renamed for the time being until this gets resolved.

Any ideas on how to allow players to join the server AFTER a player has joined?

Sincerely,
Krillin AKA Doc

K|W Simply the Best - System-Operator <http://www.krillinsworld.com/>

Re: Disconnected: Failed to ping server. Please try again.

Flickshot Tech
Hey,

I had this problem a while back. Fixed by making sure the gamemodes_server file was correct.

As you can see in your Console log :

"
RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 186000053b7f862 from address 10.0.0.4:27017
Unknown command "joingame"
GameTypes: could not find matching game type "".
CSysSessionClient: Server ping failed

"
The problem is with your gametypes;
GameTypes: could not find matching game type "".

Here is a copy of my gamemodes_server for a classic casual server.
Then your command line your be "+mapgroup office +map cs_office"
If you were using my config that is.

// Values here override the default gamemodes.txt

"GameModes_Server.txt"
{
"gameTypes"
{
"classic"
{
"gameModes"
{
"casual"
{
"maxplayers" "24"
"convars"
{
"sv_allow_votes" "0"
"mp_roundtime" "2"
"sv_alltalk" "0"
"sv_deadtalk" "0"
"mp_friendlyfire" "0"
}

"mapgroupsMP"
{
"office" ""
}
}
}
}
}

"mapgroups"
{
"office"
{
"name" "office"
"maps"
{
"cs_office" ""
}
}
}
}

Hope it helps,

James

On 21/08/2012, at 11:07 AM, Krillins World wrote:

[...]

Mitch M
Bryan, As far as I know that line is normal (chased that a bit last week lol)

> From: [hidden email]

> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:25:46 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Csgo_servers] Disconnected: Failed to ping server. Please try again.
>
> GameTypes: could not find matching game type "".
>
> ^^This line looks suspect. Have you double-checked your gamemodes_server.txt syntax to make sure you don't have one too many curly braces? I've resorted to editing gamemodes_server.txt in a code editor just for that reason.
>
> --
> Bryan

daniel nilsson jokihao
I get the same message when i try to connect to "any" random server.