Democloud - Server plugin for demo backup and sharing

Democloud - Server plugin for demo backup and sharing

Gilles

Hi guys, I've been working on a server plugin for your GOTV demos, build upon Metamod (Pure C++).

Features

The purpose of this plugin is to automatically backup and, if wanted, to share your recorded GOTV demos, without the hassle of going on your ftp and such.

It also contains a replacement for the standard tv_autorecord that properly starts and stops records.

If you share your demos you can create a customized URL like www.democloud.it/YourNameHere which will list your demos

Example

I've set up a small example server which runs the Retake mod 51.254.187.46:27015 (Europe server) The page that contains the demos that are backed up by the plugin www.democloud.it/Retake

Download

Link of the website and binaries: www.democloud.it/Plugin You will need an account on the website for managing your demos.

Footnote

Do know since it's all new and fresh you may come across some small bugs.

And for the people who are planning to use this, your comments, input and remarks are more than welcome.

Greetings, 7zp

Re: Democloud - Server plugin for demo backup and sharing

Robin Groppe

So using the plugin will bind people to democloud.it?

Not very wise. For me personally this is a showstopper.
I probably would use it if I am in complete control of the hosted demos.

Am 20.07.2016 00:44 schrieb "Gilles" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Mengyang Li

https://democloud.it/YourNameHere

500 Internal Server Error

Return value of mServerGetInfoByLink() must be of the type array, null returned (0)

#0 /usr/share/nginx/run/controls/browse.php(18): mServerGetInfoByLink('YourNameHere')
#1 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/core/Dispatcher.php(164): browseServer('YourNameHere', 0)
#2 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/core/Dispatcher.php(143): flight\core\Dispatcher::callFunction('browseServer', Array)
#3 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/Engine.php(311): flight\core\Dispatcher::execute('browseServer', Array)
#4 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/core/Dispatcher.php(191): flight\Engine->_start()
#5 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/core/Dispatcher.php(142): flight\core\Dispatcher::invokeMethod(Array, Array)
#6 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/core/Dispatcher.php(48): flight\core\Dispatcher::execute(Array, Array)
#7 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/Engine.php(64): flight\core\Dispatcher->run('start', Array)
#8 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/core/Dispatcher.php(191): flight\Engine->__call('start', Array)
#9 /usr/share/nginx/run/flight/Flight.php(76): flight\core\Dispatcher::invokeMethod(Array, Array)
#10 /usr/share/nginx/run/run.php(151): Flight::__callStatic('start', Array)
#11 /usr/share/nginx/html/index.php(4): include('/usr/share/ngin...')
#12 {main}

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Robin Groppe <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Best regards,
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
Mengyang Li

Re: Democloud - Server plugin for demo backup and sharing

Gilles
@Mengyang Li
Thanks and fixed!

@Nomaan
Ahmad I will not provide source code since it contains sensitive information (authentication, database wrappers,...) Also I put a lot of effort into making this plugin and don't want to see it get stolen to be honest. If you wish I could provide all my header files and used libraries.

@Robin Groppe
You are in control of your demos, it also takes away the huge amount of data traffic that the whole system generates which you don't have to worry about. I'm also starting to implement an API so you can embed it in your website or other app.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 2:41 AM, Mengyang Li <[hidden email]> wrote:

https://democloud.it/YourNameHere

500 Internal Server Error

Return value of mServerGetInfoByLink() must be of the type array, null returned (0)

Re: Democloud - Server plugin for demo backup and sharing

Robin Groppe

Hm, from my point of view thats the wrong way.
Never trust a client. The security should be implemented in your server application not the plugin itself.
Personaly I am a great fan of open source and   I dont see any reason for this plugin to be proprietary.
And apart from that i wouldnt use any plugin i can not read the code from on one of my servers.
Plus it may be a security issue to have sensitive data in the plugin. What if you have not thought about a certain situation? What will I see when I sniff the traffic?

Re: Democloud - Server plugin for demo backup and sharing

Gilles
It's implemented in the back-end on my server, the plugin doesn't communicate directly with my databases, don't worry about that, every input is checked correctly. And I wanted to create a service for server owners, for which the code is only meant to work with. And  I do know that plugins are capable of a lot of things, but for myself I see of no reason why to abuse that, as much as the word of a stranger can be accounted for.

And if you were to sniff the traffic, you'd see a connection to a loadbalancer that would give you the address of one of my other hosts, a connection to the new host that begins with authentication, and then raw binary data, which are the demos.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Robin Groppe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hm, from my point of view thats the wrong way.
Never trust a client. The security should be implemented in your server application not the plugin itself.
Personaly I am a great fan of open source and   I dont see any reason for this plugin to be proprietary.
And apart from that i wouldnt use any plugin i can not read the code from on one of my servers.
Plus it may be a security issue to have sensitive data in the plugin. What if you have not thought about a certain situation? What will I see when I sniff the traffic?

Re: Democloud - Server plugin for demo backup and sharing

BReeZ
Plugin works great! Using it on my server :).