DDoS - A2S / Layer 7 Attack

Mathias Mortensen
Hello,

Anyone know how to fix it?

Me and my host have been trying to find the error.

A attack start with VSE and ONLY connection to steam browser is gone so the server looks down but you can connect with console but on steam browser its invisible, server is not getting ANY attack. Only that the attacker attack the server IP and port and everything is gone invisible... Anyway to fix it or know anything about it?

Re: DDoS - A2S / Layer 7 Attack

Egner
Is possible that the attacker is attacking the query port for csgo then the filtring machine will block the destination port (Query) to protect your server against DDoS.

Re: DDoS - A2S / Layer 7 Attack

Roland Mondek-2
It is not possible to protect against ddos because srcds is pretty shit in that. Ive developed simple linux scripts that can ddos almost every server with a simple 5Mbps attack...

Only companies like OVH built a layer7 protection for game servers. But then you have to host your servers in France or Canada. Also I think that only few game portals can afford to develop such a protection in their infrastructure.

Dňa 30.4.2016, o 11:20, Egner <[hidden email]> napísal:

> Is possible that the attacker is attacking the query port for csgo then the
> filtring machine will block the destination port (Query) to protect your
> server against DDoS.

Re: DDoS - A2S / Layer 7 Attack

Mathias Mortensen
But i have a Game Anti-DDoS OVH Server now in France and it just keep spamming the server with the new "kind" of DDoS Attack.

I have one Game Anti-DDoS OVH Dedicated Server.

What can i do if i keep getting DDoS'ed? It just goes offline on steam, nothing else? new kind of attack or? And how can i stop it?

Theese are 4 of the ips...

IP rate limit under distributed packet load (1798 buckets, 3601 global count), rejecting 91.176.20.87:27015.
IP rate limit sustained 11803 distributed packets at 196.7 pps (1628 buckets).
IP rate limit under distributed packet load (1801 buckets, 3601 global count), rejecting 218.0.149.137:27015.
IP rate limit sustained 11846 distributed packets at 197.4 pps (1632 buckets).
IP rate limit under distributed packet load (1828 buckets, 3601 global count), rejecting 161.138.196.38:27015.
IP rate limit sustained 12068 distributed packets at 201.1 pps (1651 buckets).
IP rate limit under distributed packet load (1812 buckets, 3601 global count), rejecting 193.184.4.136:27015.

Any idea ?