Quantcast

Custom models

eXiLe
So with all the recent drama, and my inability to stay in touch with the world. Does anyone have any final verdict on if we can use custom models in gloves/arms, weapons, playermodels. And can we use custom weapons entirely?

Mapchange failed with sourcemod

MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de
Hey mates,

since a while our pub have probs on mapchange. every 2nd or 3rd
mapchange doesnt work. it loads the same map again. Anyone here with a
solution for that?
And:
At the end of the round the scoreboard is shown just for a second...
what is the CVAR for this? :/

thx in advance

Re: Custom models

Kamil Wilczyński
Only in theory. In practise, you get your gslt banned.

So with all the recent drama, and my inability to stay in touch with the world. Does anyone have any final verdict on if we can use custom models in gloves/arms, weapons, playermodels. And can we use custom weapons entirely?

Re: Custom models

Michael Loveless
The truth is, no one really knows for sure since Valve is too good to talk to the community that made them.

However, from what I've personally experienced from my servers as well as observed on others over the past 6-8 months, custom weapon skins and models will not get you banned as long as you are not using any that are monetized in-game. I've been using custom knives and custom player models from places like Game Banana for quite some time now, no bans. As far as the knives, they can't be any of the actual types used in game (karambit, bayonet, etc.) nor have any of the in-game skins on their custom model (asiimov, lore, etc..). So they gotta be custom, which there are like a dozen or so publicly available. As for regular guns (awp, ak, etc..), it appears that you can use custom skins on them without issue as well, again, as long as they are not ones in game. This is all mostly based on my experience running servers with these features.

I also ensure that Sourcemod's core cfg has the "FollowCSGOServerGuidelines" marked "yes", which should stop any bannable features from being executed on the server.

For weapons and skins, it seems that just the !knife and !ws plugins are the ones that are banned, since they give you access to actual in game items, which is about the only specific that Valve laid out for weapons. Again, I'm only speaking from experience. Maybe the completely custom models and skins are banned, and they just don't have any easy way to identify them like they do the !ws versions, but I've personally had no issue for many moons. I don't want to violate their rules either, I'd begrudgingly remove them if I had to but they currently don't seem to be an issue.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Kamil Wilczyński <[hidden email]> wrote:
Only in theory. In practise, you get your gslt banned.

So with all the recent drama, and my inability to stay in touch with the world. Does anyone have any final verdict on if we can use custom models in gloves/arms, weapons, playermodels. And can we use custom weapons entirely?

Re: Custom models

BReeZ
It's allowed to use custom models, skins for whatever use, as long as it is not an existing cs:go skin/model that can be bought for money. I cannot verify if this also counts for all published items in the community workshop, but i at least would not risk using those.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/server_guidelines/

They crossed over a previous stated line.