Quantcast

Consider a BETA for Source Engine 2

TJ

Consider a BETA for Source Engine 2

TJ
As many of us have seen over the last few months (years possibly), valve has continued to give sneak peeks to Source Engine 2. While Source Engine 2 is bound to bring awesome things to CS:GO in general, I doubt I am the only server operator who is in fear that upon the release of Source Engine 2, game-modes, timers, plugins, etc are terribly unprepared and it is an update that can come at any time.

I wanted to create a request today for valve to revive the original BETA which was presented before CS:GO released fully, from CS:S. This may already be in the planning, however I felt it was necessary to request it. To my knowledge, AlliedMods/Sourcemod/etc are no where near ready for a release of Source Engine 2 (a discussion I read earlier this year). If the update were to come out of no where, with no BETA that developers could prepare themselves for, it could completely wipe out communities similar to the Orange Box update in the days of Counter Strike Source.

Thank you for your consideration.
TJ.
cow

Re: Consider a BETA for Source Engine 2

cow
I completely agree, if there isn't a BETA it will hit communities hard. Developers need to be given access to it early if we are ever going to keep the community scene alive. If the update hits without warning there will be only vanilla servers on the community servers list for a while until sourcemod updates its API and plugins are ported to properly work with the engine.

Re: Consider a BETA for Source Engine 2

Neuro Toxin
Where to apply?

Re: Consider a BETA for Source Engine 2

Левинчук Федор
interesting
from https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Engine_Beta_Changelist
>>> Both Linux and Win32 dedicated servers are affected by this beta.
i think somewhere to add
-beta engine
like at this for client side