Quantcast

CSGO update

12

CSGO update

Ido Magal

We hope to have a patch ready within the next few hours.

Thanks.

Re: CSGO update

Иванов Сергей
 Nice, any changelog yet?

,

Re: CSGO update

Ido Magal

Patch 1.22.0.2 is now live. thanks.

[ MAJOR CHANGES ]

- A new game mode has been added to matchmaking and offline play: Deathmatch.

- Weapon balance and recoil were adjusted with pro community input ( Thanks to J3Di, NiP, VeryGames, ESC, 4NOT, mTw, and FM TOXiC )

  - In addition to global changes that affect all weapons, specific adjustments have been made to: rifles, pistols, and the P90.

- Weapon purchasing changes:

  - The AWP's kill reward was increased from $50 to $100.

  - The Glock is now a Terrorist only weapon.

  - The FiveseveN is now a CT only weapon.

  - The Terrorists' molotov price has been reduced to $500. The CT's incendiary grenade remains $850.

  - Note that the pistol arrangement has changed in the buymenu.

- The messaging system has been converted to protobuf.

  - Demos recorded with previous versions of CS:GO will not be compatible as of this update. In order to view old demos, set your 'beta' to 'demo_viewer' in the CS:GO betas property panel, in Steam. Don't forget to set it back to 'NONE' when you want to play online again.

  - If you are running SourceMod on your server, you will need to update to the latest version. For details, see: http://www.sourcemod.net/index.php

[ MINOR CHANGES ]

- Added some performance improvements for low-end clients.

- Fixed some fence materials that were allowing players to see through smoke grenades.

- GOTV spectator UI will now correctly show kevlar and helmet information for players.

- Avatars will now correctly load for all players when connected to a GOTV server or when watching a demo.

- Added support to notify players during servers maintenance downtime.

- Fixed a dedicated server exploit where community dedicated servers could masquerade as official and get players searching for official game modes connected to them (saigns.de)

- Fixed a rare problem when clients matchmaking for Classic Competitive game could be stuck on green Accept screen

- Fixed a rare problem when clients could connect to a Classic Competitive game and then later be disconnected for failing to accept the match.

- Improved algorithm pinging whitelisted dedicated servers when searching for Classic Competitive games, pinging less addresses fixes occasional problems for some customers where address translation tables on their routers would fill up and their routers would fail to route required packets to display the green Accept screen.

- Added support for mm_dedicated_search_maxping to restrict client's ping when matchmaking for Classic Competitive games. ( Matchmaking algorithm will still be prioritizing best servers to minimize ping of all party members. )

- Fixed a rare server crash when bots attempted to shoot the bomb defuser.

- Fixed a client crash when downloading a lot of custom assets from community servers.

[ NOTES TO MAPMAKERS ]

- DEATHMATCH:

  - Deathmatch uses the nav mesh to create spawn points. Make sure that your nav is contained within the bounds of your map to ensure that players aren't spawned outside of it. Use map_showspawnpoints to see where spawn points were generated.

  - If you want to use mapper-placed spawnpoints instead of the randomly generated ones, place an info_map_parameters in your map and set usenormalspawnsfordm ("Use Normal Spawns in Deathmatch?) to true.

- WORKSHOP:

  - We're launching the private beta for workshop maps. If you're a map maker, mail [hidden email] with the subject "Map Workshop Beta" and your steam id in the content, with a link to maps shipped ( or maps in progress ) suitable for the Workshop.

- Please use the CSGO SDK list for discussions about Deathmatch and Workshop.

Thanks.

We hope to have a patch ready within the next few hours.

Thanks.

Re: CSGO update

Marco Padovan
i've downloaded a sh*tload of directx installers Oo

on linux... into the steam folder...

is that ok? Oo

Il 23/01/2013 19.48, Ido Magal ha scritto:

We hope to have a patch ready within the next few hours.

Thanks.

Re: CSGO update

Abdulrahman Abdulkawi
Any info in regards to if we can have our own DM server using the new builtin gamemode? And will it be eligible for matchmaking or judt quickplay.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Jan 2013, at 19:51, "Ido Magal" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Andre Müller
Hey Guys,
you have forgotten to update your api:
http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/UpToDateCheck/v0001/?appid=730&version=1.21.5.4&format=json
Please, please fix it asap.

Thx

2013/1/23 Abdulrahman Abdulkawi <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>
> - DEATHMATCH:
>
>   - Deathmatch uses the nav mesh to create spawn points. Make sure that your
> nav is contained within the bounds of your map to ensure that players aren't
> spawned outside of it. Use map_showspawnpoints to see where spawn points
> were generated.
>
>   - If you want to use mapper-placed spawnpoints instead of the randomly
> generated ones, place an info_map_parameters in your map and set
> usenormalspawnsfordm ("Use Normal Spawns in Deathmatch?) to true.
>
> - WORKSHOP:
>
>   - We're launching the private beta for workshop maps. If you're a map
> maker, mail [hidden email] with the subject "Map Workshop
> Beta" and your steam id in the content, with a link to maps shipped ( or
> maps in progress ) suitable for the Workshop.
>

> - Please use the CSGO SDK list for discussions about Deathmatch and

Re: CSGO update

Ido Magal

DM is gametype 1, gamemode 2. There are a bunch of convars, mostly mp_dm_*. Otherwise it’s just another mode like the others.

We hope to have a patch ready within the next few hours.

Thanks.

Re: CSGO update

Andre Müller
THX, for updating the api

2013/1/23 Ido Magal <[hidden email]>:

> DM is gametype 1, gamemode 2. There are a bunch of convars, mostly mp_dm_*.
> Otherwise it’s just another mode like the others.

Re: CSGO update

Shane Langley (Webtastix Internet Services)
Fine for me using that link..

{
        "response": {
                "success": true,
                "up_to_date": false,
                "version_is_listable": false,
                "required_version": 12202,
                "message": "Your server is out of date, please upgrade"
        }
}

> [...]

> [ NOTES TO MAPMAKERS ]
>
> - DEATHMATCH:
>
>   - Deathmatch uses the nav mesh to create spawn points. Make sure
> that your nav is contained within the bounds of your map to ensure
> that players aren't spawned outside of it. Use map_showspawnpoints to
> see where spawn points were generated.
>
>   - If you want to use mapper-placed spawnpoints instead of the
> randomly generated ones, place an info_map_parameters in your map and
> set usenormalspawnsfordm ("Use Normal Spawns in Deathmatch?) to true.
>
> - WORKSHOP:
>
>   - We're launching the private beta for workshop maps. If you're a
> map maker, mail [hidden email] with the subject "Map
> Workshop Beta" and your steam id in the content, with a link to maps
> shipped ( or maps in progress ) suitable for the Workshop.
>

> - Please use the CSGO SDK list for discussions about Deathmatch and

Re: CSGO update

Andre Müller
I was too fast, 3 Minutes before it was uptodate.
A provider called me because my script said his servers are uptodate.

2013/1/23 Shane Langley (Webtastix Internet Services) <[hidden email]>:

> Fine for me using that link..
>
> {
>         "response": {
>                 "success": true,
>                 "up_to_date": false,
>                 "version_is_listable": false,
>                 "required_version": 12202,
>                 "message": "Your server is out of date, please upgrade"
>         }
> }

Re: CSGO update

Ejziponken
The DM mode needs diffrent buymeny. Like on all other DM plugins.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:48:00 +0000
Subject: [Csgo_servers] CSGO update

We hope to have a patch ready within the next few hours.

Thanks.

Re: CSGO update

Ejziponken
btw. Whats the gametype? I dont understand how to add a mapgroup for DM.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:32:28 +0100

The DM mode needs diffrent buymeny. Like on all other DM plugins.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:48:00 +0000

We hope to have a patch ready within the next few hours.

Thanks.

Re: CSGO update

lcz # GalegO
I agree.

DM is a fast and dynamic game. The actual buymenu disrupts the game play.

If possible, change the buymenu to some more simple, like list:

1. Item 1
2. Item 2
3. ...
N. ...

BR,
GalegO

De: Ejziponken - <[hidden email]>
Para: [hidden email]
Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 23 de Janeiro de 2013 19:32
Assunto: Re: [Csgo_servers] CSGO update

The DM mode needs diffrent buymeny. Like on all other DM plugins.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:48:00 +0000

We hope to have a patch ready within the next few hours.

Thanks.

Re: CSGO update

Absurd Minds
Plus you need to be able to get any weapon no matter which team you're
on. I shouldn't have to only practice M4 just because I happened to
have to join Terrorist side. It needs a way to pick AK half way
through the map if I'd rather practice that.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM, lcz # GalegO
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree.
>
> DM is a fast and dynamic game. The actual buymenu disrupts the game play.
>
> If possible, change the buymenu to some more simple, like list:
>
> 1. Item 1
> 2. Item 2
> 3. ...
> N. ...
>
> BR,
> GalegO
>
> ________________________________
> De: Ejziponken - <[hidden email]>
> Para: [hidden email]
> Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 23 de Janeiro de 2013 19:32
> Assunto: Re: [Csgo_servers] CSGO update
>
> The DM mode needs diffrent buymeny. Like on all other DM plugins.
>
> ________________________________
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:48:00 +0000
> Subject: [Csgo_servers] CSGO update
>
> We hope to have a patch ready within the next few hours.
>
> Thanks.

Re: CSGO update

Charalampos Galanis
Hey guys , do I need to change all my gamemodes_server.txt now according to the new gamemodes.txt? Because I noticed that the new gamemodes.txt is altered to include deathmatch and more.

Re: CSGO update

Andre Müller
I think not. Only if you want changes for deathmatch.
If you are not using this mode and don't want make changes for this
mode, you don't need update your gamemodes_server.txt

2013/1/24 Charalampos Galanis <[hidden email]>:
> Hey guys , do I need to change all my gamemodes_server.txt now according to
> the new gamemodes.txt? Because I noticed that the new gamemodes.txt is
> altered to include deathmatch and more.

Re: CSGO update

Eric Winkelmann
I really don't want to seem like a troll....but I'm not sure how else to phrase the following:

What kind of demand, if any, was there for a deathmatch mode? This is CS...a tactical, objective-based arena shooter. I never saw the player base clamoring for this mode. I was really hoping a new map or two would be included in this patch to offset some of the....frustration that came along with the protobuf changes and such. The recoil changes are nice to see...but we haven't had a new map since late September. That was 6 weeks after the game released. Now it has been 15 weeks since Vertigo...and not a peep.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Andre Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think not. Only if you want changes for deathmatch.
If you are not using this mode and don't want make changes for this
mode, you don't need update your gamemodes_server.txt

2013/1/24 Charalampos Galanis <[hidden email]>:
> Hey guys , do I need to change all my gamemodes_server.txt now according to
> the new gamemodes.txt? Because I noticed that the new gamemodes.txt is
> altered to include deathmatch and more.

Eric Winkelmann

Re: CSGO update

Absurd Minds

It's by far the most popular cs mod.

On Jan 23, 2013 6:22 PM, "Eric Winkelmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I really don't want to seem like a troll....but I'm not sure how else to phrase the following:

What kind of demand, if any, was there for a deathmatch mode? This is CS...a tactical, objective-based arena shooter. I never saw the player base clamoring for this mode. I was really hoping a new map or two would be included in this patch to offset some of the....frustration that came along with the protobuf changes and such. The recoil changes are nice to see...but we haven't had a new map since late September. That was 6 weeks after the game released. Now it has been 15 weeks since Vertigo...and not a peep.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Andre Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think not. Only if you want changes for deathmatch.
If you are not using this mode and don't want make changes for this
mode, you don't need update your gamemodes_server.txt

2013/1/24 Charalampos Galanis <[hidden email]>:
> Hey guys , do I need to change all my gamemodes_server.txt now according to
> the new gamemodes.txt? Because I noticed that the new gamemodes.txt is
> altered to include deathmatch and more.

Eric Winkelmann

Re: CSGO update

Absurd Minds

Sorry didn't mean to double post.

I was very surprised they chose to add arms race instead of deathmatch originally.