Quantcast

[CS:GO] Possible Exploit That Crashes Servers?

[CS:GO] Possible Exploit That Crashes Servers?

Gamemann
Hello everybody, I was just wondering if anybody else is experiencing
server crashes on their CS:GO servers triggered by a possible exploit. A
player came into my servers saying they were going to crash the server
and successfully did. I did ban their main account, however, they are
most likely using alt accounts now.  This has happened to most of my
CS:GO servers around three - five times now in the past day. My servers
are running SourceMod and MetaMod, but I would prefer not to disable
them since all my servers are custom (some may say to try disabling
these addons to see if the crashes stop).

I am currently running Windows and nothing useful was in the console.log
file. Since I am running on Windows, I can't release a detailed stack
trace, etc (Linux gives the most useful information as far as I am
aware). If there is anything else I can release to help find the cause
in Windows, please let me know.

I hope this possible exploit can be patched, although, I don't really
have enough information to help find the cause. I am hoping if somebody
else has this issue, they could give more information (e.g. a stack
trace with Linux, etc).

Thank you for reading.

Re: [CS:GO] Possible Exploit That Crashes Servers?

Bruno Garcia
Hello.

A crash dump file should have been generated when the crash occurred. This dump can be debugged with detail by a valve employee.
Try searching for a .dmp file inside your server directories. It should be in a directory called "dumps".

Regards.

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Gamemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

thomasjosif

Definitely take a look at Accelerator. It can help read dmp files, and help to diagnose problemshttps://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=277703&

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Gamemann <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;gamemann@gflclan.com&#39;);" target="_blank">gamemann@...> wrote:
[...]

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact my supervisor(s) at [hidden email] or at [hidden email]

Re: [CS:GO] Possible Exploit That Crashes Servers?

spyrek10
Yes, there is exploit with incorrect view angles.

Here is the fix, currently only for windows, it crashes linux servers:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2421007&postcount=24

Re: [CS:GO] Possible Exploit That Crashes Servers?

MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de
A server crashers Steam 64bit ID:

76561197961257995

Just ban him before he will crash your servers.

Am 22.05.2016 um 04:53 schrieb Thomas D:

[...]

Got another one, He attempted a crash, but he just teleported.

On Friday, 20 May 2016, Bruno Garcia <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact my supervisor(s) at [hidden email][hidden email] or at [hidden email]