Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

12345678

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

iNilo
Jul 10, 2015; 7:51pm  Vitaliy Genkin Vitaliy Genkin

(4) Assuming that I’m not granting an item that a player does not own:
-Is it ok to have a “remove all weapons”/”hide knife” function on a server?
-Is it ok to have a “knife drop”/”knife switch” function that allows a player to drop their knife (that they own) so another player can pick it up?
Both of these functions are fine. There are some game modes where it makes sense to have unarmed players (e.g., surf), and in a trading server being able give a player your knife to inspect is fine too. In general, letting players use what they own in a new way isn’t a problem.

this claims its fine to switch knives with a player, just as long as A player HAS the item in HIS inventory, so if its a knife that exists in an inventory, it should be fine.

(source http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/Request-to-Server-Operators-tc9684.html#a9748)

LANI: I am not here to argue but that unapproved plugin can be used in a way that it could give weapons to players that they do not own. You can write a plugin to use with that unapproved plugin to give butterfly knife to people that don't own it. I don't think SM dev unapprove plugins for no reason.

On 27 January 2016 at 13:24, Team LANII <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nomaan: Please read again what I wrote. We DID NOT use a plugin that gives a skin to a player that he does not own.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

They ban in waves, nothing stops them to just generate a new token under a new account and swap it with the banned one.

They’ll be fine for the next 3-4 months and then do it again.

It doesn’t really cost much to get a csgo account and a phone number.

BR,

Niko

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

theking298
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

mailing

Don’t misunderstand me,

I am not implying you did, I actually believe that most of you guys complaining in this server list have a reason to complain.

I’m just saying that the people that aren’t playing legit probably don’t even care about this banwave because there are so many ways of getting around it.

Sourcemod can ban all the plugins they want (or unapproved them), nothing stops a guy into downloading (if they didn’t possess already) the source code and patch it a little bit to make it completely undetected by Valve.

Valve needs to really start talking to the community and get things done professionally.

BR,

Niko

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

mailing

We’re just speculating at this point.

Yes they did add that option and it could be possible that they simply banned servers that received a certain amount of reports. If that was the case then I’m lucky because out of 20 servers under the same account, not even one received enough reports (I’m legit, but people find ways of hurting servers when they get pissed).

BR,

Niko

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Nomaan Ahmad
If that was in reply to me. I never said its not fine to switch to a knife owned by the player. But if you use an unapproved plugin that allows you to script a plugin that makes a player receive a weapon they do not own then its a problem. If you didn't do any of this then its a false ban.

I am not sure the reason for using that unapproved plugin by its own as it doesn't do anything.
If you used that unapproved plugin and wrote a code that gives butterfly knife instead of default or from their inventory then you are breaking valve's policy.

On 27 January 2016 at 13:44, iNilo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
People talking rubbish, other folks calling them out and talking rubbish
themselves.
"Valve ignored my valuable information". My favorite.

Just going to do the only thing reasonable. Setting up a filter for
these mails, waiting for anything official, and assuming that while
there might be wrongful bans, people with rightful bans will definitely
pretend the opposite and take their chances.

On 27.01.2016 15:03, Usman Khan wrote:

> Valve please immediately take action, lots of users in my country are
> affected due to this wrong banning, as we were not running any banned
> plugins, infact nothing to change inventory or skins or anything , and
> actually nk support for server owners to appeal against ban

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Charalampos Galanis
Do valve track the phone numbers too?

Because I tried to register the same phone number and create tokens to an another smurf account too , but couldn't do it because of an existing ban and  I know that the account I tried had never hosted GLST before,,,,strange.

People talking rubbish, other folks calling them out and talking rubbish themselves.
"Valve ignored my valuable information". My favorite.

Just going to do the only thing reasonable. Setting up a filter for these mails, waiting for anything official, and assuming that while there might be wrongful bans, people with rightful bans will definitely pretend the opposite and take their chances.

On 27.01.2016 15:03, Usman Khan wrote:

Valve please immediately take action, lots of users in my country are affected due to this wrong banning, as we were not running any banned plugins, infact nothing to change inventory or skins or anything , and actually nk support for server owners to appeal against ban

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Team LANII
Really? Phone number banned?

Valve, please clarify asap:
-Which problems are the problem exactly?
-Are server reports a problem? How can a serverowner defend against unfair reports?
-Are servernames and servertags a problem?
-Is the phone number permanently banned?

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Charalampos Galanis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I have a friend too , which tried the same thing (registering the phone number from a banned account to other accounts) and guess what? The accounts were already banned too!!!

So yes , if you want to create new GSLT's , to a new or another account ,  consider registering a new phone.

Ian

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Ian
Just imagine... a week ago:

"Hey guys, Vitaliy here. We're adding a cvar that allows you to drop your knife. If you guys are using the swap/take knife plugin, you need to disable it or that will cause your server to get banned, please use the new cvar instead. Thanks!"

In reality: Servers blacklisted first, then "Oh here's a cvar, RIP to your GSLT accounts"

This has got to be a joke. And of course no one from Valve is responding to any of these emails. The lack of communication is such a joke.

"Valve, pls fix"