Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

123456 ... 8

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Max Krivanek
We don't use "GiveNamedItemEx."  But some servers do still have DHooks.

The only other plugin we spotted is "giveweapons.smx" but that is suppose to be completely legit.  https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=195476

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Team LANII <[hidden email]> wrote:
It looks like Valve banned the "GiveNamedItemEx" plugin, which was used in combination with the "Always Weapon Plugin", which itself is considered legal. Unfortunately "GiveNamedItemEx" can be used in conjunction with other plugins that allow viewing skins that are not their own. This means that Valve went the easy way and did ban the simple "root" plugin "GiveNamedItemEx" and not only the problematic plugins itself. This seems to be the reason why our tokens where banned, while we were only providing the players allowed actions (viewing their own AK skin on CT side).

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Zaretti Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
 I thought knife without skin was legit... Does giving revolver will
result in ban too? Same as CZ75?

Anyway, I can't recreate a tokken using another account which own
csgo... Any way to create new tokken?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Team LANII
DHooks should be legal, "Always Weapon Plugin" depends on it and seems to be fine (Another server with a GSLT from another account with "Always Weapon Plugin", "DHooks" but NO "GiveNamedItemEx" runs just fine).
It would be nice if Valve was so kind to release a list of banned plugins. Please.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Neuro Toxin
Lol.

Stop talking absolute rubbish guys.

These bans are more than likely from the "Report Server" function added a couple of updates ago.

Chances are Valve didn't even validate the reports and simply went: SELECT * FROM [SERVER_REPORTS] WHERE COUNT([TOKEN]) >= X. Where X is a reasonable number to say the server is in violation of "paint_kits" violations due to the report counts received.

Valve doesn't detect plugins or do anything fancy. If they did, they would have actioned an email I sent when this all started outlining how to detect the exploit using the item servers for validation via clients to auto ban servers pretty much instantly.

It's also apparent that said plugins aren't targeted because lots of servers using my "Always Weapon Skins" and "Knife Swapper" plugins have not received token bans.

Valve ignored the valuable information I sent them and decided to spend money making the GSLT which would have cost more than a simple auto detection method in terms of the time spent and back-end infrastructure required.

This violation can be auto detected. Auto detection would be 100% accurate and wouldn't result in false positives cause some guy reported the same server 100+ times when it wasn't even in violation.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Zaretti Steve <kossolax@...> wrote:
 I thought knife without skin was legit... Does giving revolver will
result in ban too? Same as CZ75?

Anyway, I can't recreate a tokken using another account which own
csgo... Any way to create new tokken?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Team LANII
If it were from reports, how could we ever defend ourselves? A reasonably large community could use its members to bring the server of another, smaller group down.

Valve, you urgently need to clarify a lot of things here.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Neuro Toxin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Marc Däumichen
My schnitzeltreff surf servers also got hit, and i dont use any plugins since the announcement.
First, they ban complete IPs and fuck up providers, and now this.

Im probaly out of this...

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Nomaan Ahmad
It seems you are confused. There are 2 plugins... well one is an extension.

Always Weapon Skins by Neuro Toxin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2112938
GiveNamedItem Econ by Drifter: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=236199

I use the Always Weapons Skin. It does require dhooks and my server didn't get any bans. I also doubt you would get banned for the extension.

On 27 January 2016 at 13:00, Team LANII <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This is the plugin (which is now unapproved) on which Always Weapon Skin, an old version of it, relied upon: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264320
If it is this way, yes, it is somewhat my fault for not updating the AWS plugin, but it seems strange that you would ban a base plugin and not the actual plugins that give you the knife skins.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Aditionally: Have a look at the changelog of AWS (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=237114):

Version 2.2.2
- Merged GiveNamedItemEx (removed dependency)
- Fixed crashes on Linux
- Added cvar aws_skipmapweapons
- Moved to transitional syntax

Which means that before 2.2.2 there were a dependency on the now unapproved GiveNamedItemEx (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264320)

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Team LANII <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

mailing

I highly doubt Valve has started poking their head in our server directory.

Either they are checking cvars or tags or strings in hostnames.

Somebody should really slap them in an IT way, maybe they’d wake up and start communicating with the community.

You know… most of the things are solved with communication, but if that can’t be achieved in any way then the only way to get attention is through harsh manners.

Devs… wake up, you’re making millions out of the game, it’s time to take it seriously.

Also, none of my servers was affected, I’ve had these plugins in the disabled directory since august I believe.

BR,

Niko

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Nomaan Ahmad
Oh, my bad. I don't use that. but It's clearly mentioned in the reason for unapproving that its prohibited by valve. You could use it on passworded servers and not get banned. But if you used that or similar plugin that give weapons skins to players that they don't own then the ban is totally legit.

When SM devs unapproved a plugin I really suggest removing it from your servers.

On 27 January 2016 at 13:14, Team LANII <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

They ban in waves, nothing stops them to just generate a new token under a new account and swap it with the banned one.

They’ll be fine for the next 3-4 months and then do it again.

It doesn’t really cost much to get a csgo account and a phone number.

BR,

Niko