Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

12345 ... 8

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

narry
For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement straight from Valve.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 9:23 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek <[hidden email]> wrote:
"he claimed that it's not against Valve's rule"
Depends on what you use it for.

That said, sure, go ahead, trust Francisco with anything. rofl
FYI: As all his other plugins, this one is riddled with numerous (beginner) mistakes. It runs the risk of potentially using uninitialized memory, and putting that into a query/in the db.
It also improperly uses the admin/command access system. Few things on top of my head.

On 27.01.2016 03:17, Ben Roy wrote:
The plugin used was Custom Weapon Models. It can be linked: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=276779
It allows community-made weapon models instead.
Read the OP(plugin link)'s post, he claimed that it's not against Valve's rule.

On 1/26/2016 9:06 PM, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
Let's drop the word semantics and view it how it is.

Did you let someone use a knife that was not in their inventory. Don't bullshit "it wasn't a flip knife slaughter, it was just a flip knife". Don't bullshit "it wasn't an official knife it was a custom one therefore it's okay!". Don't bullshit "It was the original knife model so it was in their inventory! I may have put a custom pattern onto that default knife, but the knife itself was in their inventory! It's totally different than giving a player with a vanilla karambit a karambit slaughter"

Did you let someone use a knife that was not in their inventory. It's that simple of a question. If you let someone use a knife that was not in their inventory, you broke the rule. It's that simple.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Ivan Ho <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yep, my server has been banned. No custom skins active what so ever.

Anyone else?

On 27/01/2016 12:46 pm, Absurd Minds wrote:
Custom skins are not "csgo items". They're custom items viewable
within csgo.
On Jan 26, 2016 8:44 PM, "Daniel Barreiro"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

Going back to the original message, I see this:
-Allowing players to claim temporary ownership of CS:GO items that
are not in their inventory (Weapon skins, knives, etc.).

Were those knives in their inventory? If yes, then it was a false
ban. If no, it was a legit ban.
I'm fairly sure custom knives are CS:GO items that are not in their
inventory.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Kevin C <[hidden email][hidden email]>
wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
There is for me, because I read all those messages.
Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

whosurdaddy
well valve doesn't ban your token for nothing. I'm pretty sure one of the 300 servers in your community might have a weapon or knife plugin if not it might be in the disabled folder. Email the dev and your token and they will let you know if they aren't too busy

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Max Krivanek
Correction: The ban is apparently for 12 years.

Which of course really sucks, since we don't use any of those plugins.

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Nathaniel Theis
The bans are likely indefinite, not in 12 years; they expire in 2038
because of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem .

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Correction: The ban is apparently for 12 years.
>
> Which of course really sucks, since we don't use any of those plugins.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, HeLLsGamers servers were just hit with this ban.  Its nice that the
>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement
>>> straight from Valve.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Max Krivanek
Yeah, 12 years is practically indefinite anyway.  CSGO probably won't even be played in 12 years.

Either way, this is a very crappy system.  I've already expressed concerns about the complete lack of security around GSLT.  If someone can acquire your GSLT token then well, your screwed.  Since its obvious they're in infinite ban mode (why display a date?).  They're treating GSLT like its VAC bans.  But this entire system is worse, and obviously designed to stifle community servers.  I can only guess Valve wishes to go the way of CoD:MW2, Titanfall, etc.  In not having community servers at all, but they're keeping them for now because it'd cause way too much of a backlash to just kill community servers.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:15 PM, Nathaniel Theis <[hidden email]> wrote:
The bans are likely indefinite, not in 12 years; they expire in 2038
because of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem .

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Correction: The ban is apparently for 12 years.
>
> Which of course really sucks, since we don't use any of those plugins.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, HeLLsGamers servers were just hit with this ban.  Its nice that the
>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement
>>> straight from Valve.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

New_wav
This might fall on deaf ears or you might have already but try to the Valve Employee Directory. To email Vitaliy or Matt Wood or whoever else is known to handle issues for CSGO or possibly the issues relating to GSLT's, community management or development.

Also here are the rule changes stated months ago with regard to valid plugins (not how GSLT's will work).

Therefore, we are asking server operators to remove any mods and plugins that falsify the contents of a players' profile or inventory.

To be clear, the services that should not be offered on a community server include (but are not limited to):

  • Allowing players to claim temporary ownership of CS:GO items that are not in their inventory (Weapon skins, knives, etc.).
  • Providing a falsified competitive skill group and/or profile rank status or scoreboard coin (e.g., Operation Challenge Coins).
  • Interfering with systems that allow players to correctly access their own CS:GO inventories, items, or profile.

If your server provides any of the above services then we request that you disable them. If for some reason you are unable or unsure of whether a particular plugin should be removed, feel free to contact us.

They come from this reddit post by Wickedplayer which is just copy pasted from this mailing list I'm like 99% sure. Plus Wickedplayer's pretty trustworthy and on top of such things.

Anyway contact them. Be polite and respectful (even if you think it's bullshit) say you're sorry for any oversight in what you thought you could or could not do and if there is anything you can do to be unbanned.

No guarantee if anything will happen or they'll even bother to reply but worth a shot.

I will say I personally think the system is designed wrong. Maybe not inherently in that GSLT exist but the unspecified bans and no way to appeal is super stupid. Plus scanning and banning for disabled plugins feels pretty overkill.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah, 12 years is practically indefinite anyway.  CSGO probably won't even be played in 12 years.

Either way, this is a very crappy system.  I've already expressed concerns about the complete lack of security around GSLT.  If someone can acquire your GSLT token then well, your screwed.  Since its obvious they're in infinite ban mode (why display a date?).  They're treating GSLT like its VAC bans.  But this entire system is worse, and obviously designed to stifle community servers.  I can only guess Valve wishes to go the way of CoD:MW2, Titanfall, etc.  In not having community servers at all, but they're keeping them for now because it'd cause way too much of a backlash to just kill community servers.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:15 PM, Nathaniel Theis <[hidden email]> wrote:
The bans are likely indefinite, not in 12 years; they expire in 2038
because of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem .

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Correction: The ban is apparently for 12 years.
>
> Which of course really sucks, since we don't use any of those plugins.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, HeLLsGamers servers were just hit with this ban.  Its nice that the
>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement
>>> straight from Valve.

Have a good one,
Jack McEachern

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Max Krivanek
Hi,

If they are banning for plugins that are in the disabled folder of SourceMod (addons/sourcemod/plugins/disabled) then that could explain our ban.  As some of those plugins were prior to the July announcement and since they were in the disabled folder, thus not loaded, we didn't feel the need to go delete them.  If that is so then it'd be incredibly dishonest, since they only requested the plugins be disabled, not necessarily deleted.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:06 AM, Jack M. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement

Have a good one,
Jack McEachern

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

CSGO Community
Does it say 12 yeasrs for u guys when you login to the tokens page? Mine is for a couple days. I had no knife skin plugins. I did have a plugin that could turn knifes into other models like dildos :)

On Jan 27, 2016, at 12:39 AM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yeah, 12 years is practically indefinite anyway.  CSGO probably won't even be played in 12 years.

Either way, this is a very crappy system.  I've already expressed concerns about the complete lack of security around GSLT.  If someone can acquire your GSLT token then well, your screwed.  Since its obvious they're in infinite ban mode (why display a date?).  They're treating GSLT like its VAC bans.  But this entire system is worse, and obviously designed to stifle community servers.  I can only guess Valve wishes to go the way of CoD:MW2, Titanfall, etc.  In not having community servers at all, but they're keeping them for now because it'd cause way too much of a backlash to just kill community servers.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:15 PM, Nathaniel Theis <[hidden email]> wrote:
The bans are likely indefinite, not in 12 years; they expire in 2038
because of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem .

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Correction: The ban is apparently for 12 years.
>
> Which of course really sucks, since we don't use any of those plugins.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, HeLLsGamers servers were just hit with this ban.  Its nice that the
>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement
>>> straight from Valve.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

New_wav
I don't know if that is why they are banning or how they are banning servers.

I just saw Ivan Ho mention:

"Let me repeat this. No weapons mods. guns/knife/decoys, whatever.

However, I have the knife mod in my disabled folder ever since they made the announcement. If they banned my tokens for that reason, IMO unreasonable."

So I was just more so making mention of that could be something to check for or a reason for a ban potentially. Not confirmed or anything.

I'd still give contacting Valve a shot explaining like "Hey I didn't know we had to full on delete them. I never saw having to do that mentioned. Thought they just had to be disabled."

I will say that "Therefore, we are asking server operators to remove any mods and plugins that falsify the contents of a players' profile or inventory." could be construed as removed from the server. As in deleted. If you can actually get through to someone at Valve saying you sincerely misunderstood I'd hope they'd be nice enough to unban your server(s).

Best of luck.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:30 AM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement

Have a good one,
Jack McEachern

Have a good one,
Jack McEachern

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Max Krivanek
It says...

Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.

This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

Which is in DD-Month-YY format.  As someone linked earlier its due to Year 2038 problem (unix timestamp runs out).

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:39 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does it say 12 yeasrs for u guys when you login to the tokens page? Mine is for a couple days. I had no knife skin plugins. I did have a plugin that could turn knifes into other models like dildos :)

On Jan 27, 2016, at 12:39 AM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yeah, 12 years is practically indefinite anyway.  CSGO probably won't even be played in 12 years.

Either way, this is a very crappy system.  I've already expressed concerns about the complete lack of security around GSLT.  If someone can acquire your GSLT token then well, your screwed.  Since its obvious they're in infinite ban mode (why display a date?).  They're treating GSLT like its VAC bans.  But this entire system is worse, and obviously designed to stifle community servers.  I can only guess Valve wishes to go the way of CoD:MW2, Titanfall, etc.  In not having community servers at all, but they're keeping them for now because it'd cause way too much of a backlash to just kill community servers.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:15 PM, Nathaniel Theis <[hidden email]> wrote:
The bans are likely indefinite, not in 12 years; they expire in 2038
because of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem .

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Correction: The ban is apparently for 12 years.
>
> Which of course really sucks, since we don't use any of those plugins.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, HeLLsGamers servers were just hit with this ban.  Its nice that the
>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement
>>> straight from Valve.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Max Krivanek
Vitaliy Genkin's email on 7/715 only references disabling the plugins.  Not deleting them from the server.  If someone has a CSGO email list archive they'll find the email.  The quote is, "If your server provides any of the above services then we request that you disable them."

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:44 AM, Jack M. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement

Have a good one,
Jack McEachern

Have a good one,
Jack McEachern

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Team LANII
Hi,
our gameserver account was falsely banned. We DO NOT RUN ANY plugin that give players weapons that they DO NOT own. We do run "always weapon plugin", a plugin, that gives the player HIS ak from HIS OWN inventory when playing CT, for example ( https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=237114 ).
Where do I voice my convern for this false ban? Which emailaddresses should I write to?
Thanks.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement

Have a good one,
Jack McEachern

Have a good one,
Jack McEachern

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Asher Baker
I see Valve are taking the same measured, data-driven approach to destroying their community as they do to game development.

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Jan 2016, at 05:39, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yeah, 12 years is practically indefinite anyway.  CSGO probably won't even be played in 12 years.

Either way, this is a very crappy system.  I've already expressed concerns about the complete lack of security around GSLT.  If someone can acquire your GSLT token then well, your screwed.  Since its obvious they're in infinite ban mode (why display a date?).  They're treating GSLT like its VAC bans.  But this entire system is worse, and obviously designed to stifle community servers.  I can only guess Valve wishes to go the way of CoD:MW2, Titanfall, etc.  In not having community servers at all, but they're keeping them for now because it'd cause way too much of a backlash to just kill community servers.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:15 PM, Nathaniel Theis <[hidden email]> wrote:
The bans are likely indefinite, not in 12 years; they expire in 2038
because of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem .

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Correction: The ban is apparently for 12 years.
>
> Which of course really sucks, since we don't use any of those plugins.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, HeLLsGamers servers were just hit with this ban.  Its nice that the
>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement
>>> straight from Valve.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Team LANII
I am so freakin done with how Valve runs their multimillion(-billion?) dollar company. It is absolutely disgusting how every time they fuck up something so hard, they do not even care about collateral damage. This is a joke, there isn't even a place to get support, their own support system nowhere lists "GSLTs" as subject. I had some sympathies left for Valve until this day, but that's enough. They are mutually destroying the CS communityservers, the community, which lead to the success in first plays. If it wasn't for communityserveroperators, CS would not even have reached a big enough audience to be brought to light to Valve, which now make more than 240M$ in 2015 alone off of CS:GO. I'm done.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Asher Baker <[hidden email]> wrote:
I see Valve are taking the same measured, data-driven approach to destroying their community as they do to game development.

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Jan 2016, at 05:39, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yeah, 12 years is practically indefinite anyway.  CSGO probably won't even be played in 12 years.

Either way, this is a very crappy system.  I've already expressed concerns about the complete lack of security around GSLT.  If someone can acquire your GSLT token then well, your screwed.  Since its obvious they're in infinite ban mode (why display a date?).  They're treating GSLT like its VAC bans.  But this entire system is worse, and obviously designed to stifle community servers.  I can only guess Valve wishes to go the way of CoD:MW2, Titanfall, etc.  In not having community servers at all, but they're keeping them for now because it'd cause way too much of a backlash to just kill community servers.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:15 PM, Nathaniel Theis <[hidden email]> wrote:
The bans are likely indefinite, not in 12 years; they expire in 2038
because of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem .

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Correction: The ban is apparently for 12 years.
>
> Which of course really sucks, since we don't use any of those plugins.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Max Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, HeLLsGamers servers were just hit with this ban.  Its nice that the
>> ban message tells me nothing about why HG servers got banned.  Just tells me
>> it expires in 2 days.  It'd be very nice if we knew why.  And as far as I'm
>> aware none of HG's servers use retake or any other plugin like it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is for me, because I read all those messages.
>>> Feel free to find them, it shouldn't be too hard. Until then, please
>>> don't be a dick and call "bullshit" on others.
>>>

>>> On 27.01.2016 03:29, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
>>>
>>> For all we know, when Valve said "custom content" they could have meant
>>> "custom knives" and not "existing knives with custom skins". There's no way
>>> to 100% know for sure without someone either finding that original message
>>> where it was OK'd that Asherkin is referencing, or we get a statement
>>> straight from Valve.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
2.5 billion US$ in equity. That's with a "b".

On 27.01.2016 09:14, Team LANII wrote:
I am so freakin done with how Valve runs their multimillion(-billion?) dollar company. It is absolutely disgusting how every time they fuck up something so hard, they do not even care about collateral damage. This is a joke, there isn't even a place to get support, their own support system nowhere lists "GSLTs" as subject. I had some sympathies left for Valve until this day, but that's enough. They are mutually destroying the CS communityservers, the community, which lead to the success in first plays. If it wasn't for communityserveroperators, CS would not even have reached a big enough audience to be brought to light to Valve, which now make more than 240M$ in 2015 alone off of CS:GO. I'm done.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

theking298
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Zaretti Steve
 I thought knife without skin was legit... Does giving revolver will
result in ban too? Same as CZ75?

Anyway, I can't recreate a tokken using another account which own
csgo... Any way to create new tokken?