Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

1234 ... 8

Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Kevin C
Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens. Anyone
else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins after valves
announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin that allows
players to have knives that are community-made and not sold by valve.
Based on valves original statement this should be allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

narry
Going back to the original message, I see this:
-Allowing players to claim temporary ownership of CS:GO items that are not in their inventory (Weapon skins, knives, etc.).

Were those knives in their inventory? If yes, then it was a false ban. If no, it was a legit ban.
I'm fairly sure custom knives are CS:GO items that are not in their inventory.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Kevin C <[hidden email]> wrote:
Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens. Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

hlstriker
I got banned as well and made a thread minutes after this one.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Thiago Abreu
Banned too.

Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.

This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

I got banned as well and made a thread minutes after this one.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

narry
Are we playing the manipulate the wording of a semi-poorly worded statement to try to and bullshit a loophole game? I love that game! Let me play let me play!

"We don't run knife skin plugins. We run a plugin that replaces the knife's skin."

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Absurd Minds <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Let's drop the word semantics and view it how it is.

Did you let someone use a knife that was not in their inventory. Don't bullshit "it wasn't a flip knife slaughter, it was just a flip knife". Don't bullshit "it wasn't an official knife it was a custom one therefore it's okay!". Don't bullshit "It was the original knife model so it was in their inventory! I may have put a custom pattern onto that default knife, but the knife itself was in their inventory! It's totally different than giving a player with a vanilla karambit a karambit slaughter"

Did you let someone use a knife that was not in their inventory. It's that simple of a question. If you let someone use a knife that was not in their inventory, you broke the rule. It's that simple.

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Ivan Ho
Let me repeat this. No weapons mods. guns/knife/decoys, whatever.

However, I have the knife mod in my disabled folder ever since they made the announcement. If they banned my tokens for that reason, IMO unreasonable.

On 27/01/2016 1:06 pm, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
[...]

On 27/01/2016 12:46 pm, Absurd Minds wrote: Custom skins are not

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
Please stop the trolling.
Regarding the "rules", it has been stated numerous times (officially) that non-official content is okay. Server operators made their own knife model? They can give it to players.
It is also well-known that servers apparently get blocked based on specific tags. While not officially verified, if you subscribed to this list, you should know to not risk it and remove any suspicious tags like "knife", "skins", etc.
That said, I cannot guarantee that no person on this earth will ever lie and say their rightfully banned server has been falsely banned. I'm reading this with healthy skepticism.

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

narry
I wasn't talking specifically to you with that, but if it was disabled then they presumably couldn't have known it was there (unless they searched servers for known knife plugin binaries via the server itself and that's ridiculous).  Did you happen to have "knife" or "ws" or "wskins" in sv_tags?

What other plugins were you running on the server? Knife/skin plugins weren't the only banned plugin, but they were the most prominent.

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Ben Roy
The plugin used was Custom Weapon Models. It can be linked: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=276779
It allows community-made weapon models instead.
Read the OP(plugin link)'s post, he claimed that it's not against Valve's rule.

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

whosurdaddy
I believe since the token update on csgo. The command let the game scan your server for any kind of custom weapon or knife plugins. So if its in the disabled mod it will still catch it. Best thing to do is email valve and try to talk yourself out of it.

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Ivan Ho
Whatever people say, your server won't get unbanned based on this mailing list.
I voiced out my circumstance to see if there are others out there who was actually banned for genuinely no weapon mods. And if its only me, they must have detected the disabled knife mode and banned my tokens based on that.

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

narry
Saying it's not against the rules doesn't make it true, although Asherkin did state  "They [Valve] did confirm that custom content was fine - please stop reporting this thread." so there may be more to this situation. Maybe there was a miscommunication about whether or not custom content was fine.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

Going back to the original message, I see this:
-Allowing players to claim temporary ownership of CS:GO items that
are not in their inventory (Weapon skins, knives, etc.).

Were those knives in their inventory? If yes, then it was a false
ban. If no, it was a legit ban.
I'm fairly sure custom knives are CS:GO items that are not in their
inventory.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Kevin C <[hidden email][hidden email]>
wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Matthias "InstantMuffin" Kollek
"he claimed that it's not against Valve's rule"
Depends on what you use it for.

That said, sure, go ahead, trust Francisco with anything. rofl
FYI: As all his other plugins, this one is riddled with numerous (beginner) mistakes. It runs the risk of potentially using uninitialized memory, and putting that into a query/in the db.
It also improperly uses the admin/command access system. Few things on top of my head.

wrote:

Our servers were all just hit with a ban of our server tokens.
Anyone else have this issue? We don't run any knife skin plugins
after valves announcement, we recently added a custom knife plugin
that allows players to have knives that are community-made and not
sold by valve. Based on valves original statement this should be
allowed.

Our GSLT account has this message:
Your account has an active ban on its game server tokens.
This ban expires on Friday, 01-Jan-38 00:00:00 GMT

WTF Valve?

Re: Anyone else hit with a GSLT ban?

Ivan Ho
The servers are all retake servers.

sv tags: sv_tags "128 tick, retake, rank, stats"

plugins folder:
~/serverfiles/csgo/addons/sourcemod/plugins$ ls
admin-flatfile.smx mapchooser.smx
adminhelp.smx player_analytics.smx
adminmenu.smx playercommands.smx
adminwatch.smx rankme_connect_announcer.smx
advertisements.smx rankme.smx
antiflood.smx reservedslots.smx
autorecorder.smx retakes.smx
basechat.smx retakes_standardallocator.smx
basecommands.smx rockthevote.smx
basecomm.smx sb_admcfg.smx
basetriggers.smx sbchecker.smx
basevotes.smx smacbans-block.smx
calladmin_mysql.smx sounds.smx
calladmin.smx sourcebans.smx
calladmin_steam.smx sourcecomms.smx
calladmin_usermanager.smx SourceSleuth.smx
clientprefs.smx togsclantags.smx
disabled updater.smx
drapi_afk_manager.smx votemute_p.smx
funcommands.smx webshortcuts_csgo.smx
funvotes.smx

On 27/01/2016 1:17 pm, Daniel Barreiro wrote:
I wasn't talking specifically to you with that, but if it was disabled
then they presumably couldn't have known it was there (unless they
searched servers for known knife plugin binaries via the server itself
and that's ridiculous).  Did you happen to have "knife" or "ws" or
"wskins" in sv_tags?

What other plugins were you running on the server? Knife/skin plugins
weren't the only banned plugin, but they were the most prominent.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Ivan Ho <[hidden email]> wrote:

Let me repeat this. No weapons mods. guns/knife/decoys, whatever.

However, I have the knife mod in my disabled folder ever since they
made the announcement. If they banned my tokens for that reason, IMO
unreasonable.

On 27/01/2016 1:06 pm, Daniel Barreiro wrote: Let's drop the word

Francisco would be the last coder you should trust.