A LOT of IPs in servers bann-list. any ideas?!

A LOT of IPs in servers bann-list. any ideas?!

MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de
Hey mates,

since a while there are daily a lot of IPs in the bann-list of our
servers and i dont know why. Any ideas?

Sourcebans isnt active and basebans is also not active on those servers.

Thx in advance for some ideas! :)

regards,

mishu

Re: A LOT of IPs in servers bann-list. any ideas?!

Sven 'Chaos' Pachnit
Hey,

the only IP bans I get are from „rcon hacking attempts“. If you keep your logs you should be able to see why an IP got banned.

[ROOT@Hugo(pts-3)] /home/csgo# grep -f <(awk '{sub(/\r$/, ""); printf "%s\n", $3}' ./competitive/csgo/cfg/banned_ip.cfg) /root/competitive.log | uniq
Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
Banning 113.240.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
Banning 61.49.X.X for rcon hacking attempts

I used my screenlog since it doesn’t appear to log bans to csgo/logs but I’m guessing that is where you get your entries from.

Cheers!

Chaos

Am 15.01.2017 um 15:19 schrieb MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de <[hidden email]>:

> Hey mates,
>
> since a while there are daily a lot of IPs in the bann-list of our servers and i dont know why. Any ideas?
>
> Sourcebans isnt active and basebans is also not active on those servers.
>
> Thx in advance for some ideas! :)
>

> regards,
>
> mishu

Re: A LOT of IPs in servers bann-list. any ideas?!

Brendan H
There is currently an "exploit" going around which is essentially a web
page with malicious Javascript code that attempts to log in to the RCON
of specific servers 10 times in an attempt to get whoever visited the
web page IP banned from the server.

On 1/15/2017 10:57 AM, Sven 'Chaos' Pachnit wrote:

> Hey,
>
> the only IP bans I get are from „rcon hacking attempts“. If you keep your logs you should be able to see why an IP got banned.
>
> [ROOT@Hugo(pts-3)] /home/csgo# grep -f <(awk '{sub(/\r$/, ""); printf "%s\n", $3}' ./competitive/csgo/cfg/banned_ip.cfg) /root/competitive.log | uniq
> Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
> Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
> Banning 113.240.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
> Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
> Banning 61.49.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
>
> I used my screenlog since it doesn’t appear to log bans to csgo/logs but I’m guessing that is where you get your entries from.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Chaos
>

> Am 15.01.2017 um 15:19 schrieb MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hey mates,
>>
>> since a while there are daily a lot of IPs in the bann-list of our servers and i dont know why. Any ideas?
>>
>> Sourcebans isnt active and basebans is also not active on those servers.
>>
>> Thx in advance for some ideas! :)
>>

>> regards,
>>
>> mishu

Brendan Heinonen

Re: A LOT of IPs in servers bann-list. any ideas?!

MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de
So they already have the rcon if ist See these bans?

Am 16. Januar 2017 17:05:44 schrieb Brendan H
<[hidden email]>:

> There is currently an "exploit" going around which is essentially a web
> page with malicious Javascript code that attempts to log in to the RCON
> of specific servers 10 times in an attempt to get whoever visited the
> web page IP banned from the server.
>

> On 1/15/2017 10:57 AM, Sven 'Chaos' Pachnit wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> the only IP bans I get are from „rcon hacking attempts“. If you keep your
>> logs you should be able to see why an IP got banned.
>>
>> [ROOT@Hugo(pts-3)] /home/csgo# grep -f <(awk '{sub(/\r$/, ""); printf
>> "%s\n", $3}' ./competitive/csgo/cfg/banned_ip.cfg) /root/competitive.log | uniq
>> Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
>> Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
>> Banning 113.240.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
>> Banning 208.100.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
>> Banning 61.49.X.X for rcon hacking attempts
>>
>> I used my screenlog since it doesn’t appear to log bans to csgo/logs but
>> I’m guessing that is where you get your entries from.
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Chaos
>>

>> Am 15.01.2017 um 15:19 schrieb MiShU # gameserver-syndicate.de
>> <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hey mates,
>>>
>>> since a while there are daily a lot of IPs in the bann-list of our servers
>>> and i dont know why. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Sourcebans isnt active and basebans is also not active on those servers.
>>>
>>> Thx in advance for some ideas! :)
>>>

>>> regards,
>>>
>>> mishu

> Brendan Heinonen

Re: A LOT of IPs in servers bann-list. any ideas?!

Neuro Toxin
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Another good reason to have your TCP port from RCON blocked from the public.

Can u link me via email lol?

Re: A LOT of IPs in servers bann-list. any ideas?!

Asher Baker
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=257947

~~~~~
"Their heads are green, and their hands are blue,
      And they went to sea in a Sieve." - Edward Lear