Quantcast

128 tickrate on Windows servers not working?

128 tickrate on Windows servers not working?

Spillvert.no
Dear members,

I just joined this list. I was unable to access the archives, so I apologize if this has been asked recently:

- For some reason, -Tickrate 128 in the startup parameter for all our servers (spread across different machines) are not doing the trick after the recent updates. All our servers are now running 64 tickrate, even with 128 tickrate defined in the startup/commandline.

Is this a bug in CS:GO or something related to the windows servers (SRCDS.exe) ?
The machines are running 2008 R2.

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards

Henrik

Re: 128 tickrate on Windows servers not working?

Spillvert.no
Hi,

yes, tried both -Tickrate 128 (which has always worked) , and now -tickrate 128
Makes no difference.

As previously mentioned, this is across different machines with different hardware. The only thing they have in common, is the OS. Which is Win 2008 R2.

Must be something related to one of the latest CS:GO patches and Windows.

Den 10. august 2016 kl. 01.11.29 +02.00 skrev Absurd Minds <[hidden email]>:

Have you tried -tickrate instead of -Tickrate?

On Aug 9, 2016 7:00 PM, "Spillvert.no" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear members,

I just joined this list. I was unable to access the archives, so I apologize if this has been asked recently:

- For some reason, -Tickrate 128 in the startup parameter for all our servers (spread across different machines) are not doing the trick after the recent updates. All our servers are now running 64 tickrate, even with 128 tickrate defined in the startup/commandline.

Is this a bug in CS:GO or something related to the windows servers (SRCDS.exe) ?
The machines are running 2008 R2.

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards

Henrik

Re: 128 tickrate on Windows servers not working?

Robin Groppe

Since the Last Update i got the issues that my Client jumps to 64tick on every Connect.
Its cl_updaterate to be specific.

I can Set everything to 128 before connecting and literally while connecting updaterate jumps to 64. That really weird and might be your problem too.

Am 10.08.2016 01:39 schrieb "Spillvert.no" <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Oh yeah, did Not mention this. I am on Linux too.
I have Set my game to 128tick Ages ago and never needed to Care about it.
And now like I said it jumps Back to 64.

Am 10.08.2016 09:03 schrieb "Mishu" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Hi guys,

thanks for your feedback.

After some research, I found out that this issue had nothing to do with tickrate or Windows at all. The tickrate has been set to 128 all the time, but the rates has been off, resulting in a "up: and "cmd:" showing 64.0/s in orange text in your net graph.

It seems like the servers are now forcing clients to run the lowest allowed updaterate & cmdrate possible after one of the latest updates.

To fix this, meaning forcing clients to match their rates to your servers tickrate, simply add the following to your server.cfg:

sv_mincmdrate "128"
sv_maxcmdrate "128"
sv_minupdaterate "128"
sv_maxupdaterate "128"

Remember to remove any other cvars for cmdrate or updaterate in your server.cfg, so you dont have them set twice. This is only necessary if you are running 128 tickrate servers and see a lower rate than expected.