128 tick

Cyborgium
I managed to set up a server and I got it to a 128 tick. The only problem is,
I can't manage to get the cmdrate and uprate to 128. How do I do this?

Kind regards,

Cyborgium

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: 128 tick

Absurd Minds
cmdrate and updaterate are client rate commands, but you can make the server force clients to have those rates.

I think the commands are sv_minupdaterate 128 and sv_mincmdrate 128. Also make sure sv_maxupdaterate and sv_maxcmdrate are also 128.

This will force connected users to have those rates.

Alternatively, you could just set your client rates properly (cl_updaterate 128 and cl_cmdrate 128). Then you won't have to rely on the server to get the rates you want.

However, I recommend as a server operator that you set the cvars as listed above, since many clients don't know how to properly set their rates and will incorrectly think their poor performance is the server's fault.

On Nov 15, 2017 8:13 AM, "Cyborgium" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I managed to set up a server and I got it to a 128 tick. The only problem is,
I can't manage to get the cmdrate and uprate to 128. How do I do this?

Kind regards,

Cyborgium

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

Re: 128 tick

Sushant Mahanty
put this in server.cfg
// 128 tick
sv_maxrate "0"
sv_minrate "196608"
sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate "128"
sv_mincmdrate "128"
sv_minupdaterate "128"
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate "128"

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:43 PM, Cyborgium <[hidden email]> wrote:
I managed to set up a server and I got it to a 128 tick. The only problem is,
I can't manage to get the cmdrate and uprate to 128. How do I do this?

Kind regards,

Cyborgium

--
Sent from: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/

ics

Re: 128 tick

ics
Noteworthy thing to mention is that if you force certain values to
clients while they are connected, this can result even worse performance
for them if they cannot even reach stable 60 framerate and now you
require twice as more from them.

-ics